Wonderful tonight... (testing my new microphone)

Wow Mililea! These are lovely..you're really good! Your recordings made me feel peaceful too 💖

I use Ableton Live, it's been my main music making program for years, though I mainly use it for sequencing MIDI stuff rather than recording live..

Audition is also meant to be really good, and I think the reason you're not getting any sound into it would probably be just an audio device setting somewhere in its settings.. like maybe it just needs to be told specifically to use the Focusrite? or the specific driver the Focusrite uses (possibly something with the word "ASIO" in? I've not used a Focusrite interface, will look it up later and see if I find any info).. I'd be surprised if there's not a way to get it working, but could be something more obscure since you already tried a lot...

Anyway happy to help or give you some tips if I can.. I love this stuff :)

This also says you have to make sure Audition is set to the same sample rate as the Focusrite (44.1khz, 48khz etc) which you can find in the Focusrite Preferences: https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en...change-my-Scarlett-sample-rate-within-Windows

(forgive me if this is all just obvious stuff you already tried, I don't know your level of audio gear knowledge)

That was truly beautiful, soft & gentle. It's so nice to hear someone who enjoys singing.
Is it possible to order a song?;-D
I'm happy to try. Actually, there's still one thing open for you anyway. Back then, when we were still singing karaoke at the EE meetings, you wished that I would record "Tears in Heaven". I hadn't done that yet, because I had somehow got it into my head to play the guitar myself. And I didn't manage that satisfactorily :-D. But you are welcome to suggest a song:-)

So glad you like it, I was really a bit unsure myself. :-[

@brandon , I didn't know about the sampling rate. I have set everything up, including the ASIO, and I actually saw a deflection on the screen when I spoke into the microphone, but I didn't hear any sound. Thank you for the tip, I will try that out. :-)

@brandon , I didn't know about the sampling rate. I have set everything up, including the ASIO, and I actually saw a deflection on the screen when I spoke into the microphone, but I didn't hear any sound. Thank you for the tip, I will try that out. :-)

Ahh, ok, that sounds like you are getting sound in, but not out.. (there might be separate settings for input and output device, which would have to both be set to Focusrite/ASIO/etc...but perhaps it could be the samplerate thing!).. Anyway next time you're trying it, if the samplerate doesn't help (or is already set correctly) and you still have no luck, feel free to post here or PM me if you want (edit: I know the deal with members here PMing each other being not the best idea, just meant to avoid forum noise with this very specific tech topic), with as many details as possible, and maybe we can figure it out.. Unless someone else who actually uses Audition chimes in with some knowledge! Or, ask any Ableton Live questions you have and I can probably answer em..

Mililea, you have a beautiful voice! That is great you are singing more with your diaphragm. It must be quite hard to sing your own backing vocals separately, I don't know how well I would do with that... and wow, you have a knack for technology too! So impressive!! I would love to sing with you in person, I miss the jam nights I used to attend with friends. Really lovely to see the offers of help and encouragement from others. 😍

I have got a focustrite too, for me it worket on Win 7 untill an update, from there I needet an other (alternative) driver, now with win 10 too. I think that you could get it from the focustrite site now too.
So since then it worket, but somtimes I get a bluescreen when I boot the pc, then I have to unplug the device and plug it back in after restart.
Ableton life is a good programm, that I know from a friend of mine, I used FL Studio. Unfortunately I can't find time anymore to work on my music.
Maybe that can help you.
Thank you for your sample, sounds realy good 🙃 💪

I'm happy to try. Actually, there's still one thing open for you anyway. Back then, when we were still singing karaoke at the EE meetings, you wished that I would record "Tears in Heaven". I hadn't done that yet, because I had somehow got it into my head to play the guitar myself. And I didn't manage that satisfactorily :-D. But you are welcome to suggest a song:-)
Oh, I totally forgot about it but I'm glad you didn't. Maybe another suggestion will be more in line with what we do here on the forum. Being friends to each other.

So glad you like it, I was really a bit unsure myself.
I've been thinking about insecurity these days even if one is good at something. But this obstacle is, IMO, the only way to reach state of creation without constant feeling that we're not good at it. Observing, recognizing and changing or switching program that forces us to feel or think in certain way.
What do you feel and think when you sing?

Oh, I totally forgot about it but I'm glad you didn't. Maybe another suggestion will be more in line with what we do here on the forum. Being friends to each other.

I've been thinking about insecurity these days even if one is good at something. But this obstacle is, IMO, the only way to reach state of creation without constant feeling that we're not good at it. Observing, recognizing and changing or switching program that forces us to feel or think in certain way.
What do you feel and think when you sing?
Ohhhhhh, I love this song ... thank you for this suggestion @Anamarija :love:

Yes, that thing about insecurity. I think because you reveal your absolute innermost when you sing, or indeed any other creative action, you also feel "vulnerable".
When I sing it is like a power button that is pressed. When I'm feeling bad or tired and lacking energy and I sing, my energy stores are replenished. It's like the music makes me vibrate. And if I can really make someone feel something, it's like a gift. :flowers::hug2:

Back
Top Bottom