Will the Internet be shut down by the PTB?

Apart from the idea of deliberate restrictions or shutting down of the internet by the PTB, there is a big wild card in the game: earthchanges. Everything related to that could always and at any point shut it off, far more throughly than any human agency could accomplish.
This is so true and it gives me a bit of hope also. I love wild cards. Things can get a bit too predictable otherwise. Even the PTB cannot factor everything into their equations - something which must frustrate them no end.

To misquote the words of the immortal Rabbie Burns -"the best laid schemes o’ Mice an’ Men (and PTB) gang aft agley". I hope they will always "gang aft agley" in bigger and better ways. 😀

I think that this information is incorrect. SSDs often incorporate super-capacitators that will hold charge for a long time. Unless the SSD is unplugged, and the super-capacitator has discharged, the SSD would still be vulnerable to an EMP, as far as I can tell:

“Another component in higher-performing SSDs is a capacitor or some form of battery, which are necessary to maintain data integrity so the data in the cache can be flushed to the drive when power is lost; some may even hold power long enough to maintain data in the cache until power is resumed.[117][118] In the case of MLC flash memory, a problem called lower page corruption can occur when MLC flash memory loses power while programming an upper page. The result is that data written previously and presumed safe can be corrupted if the memory is not supported by a supercapacitor in the event of a sudden power loss. This problem does not exist with SLC flash memory.[79]

Most consumer-class SSDs do not have built-in batteries or capacitors;[119] among the exceptions are the Crucial M500 and MX100 series,[120]the Intel 320 series,[121] and the more expensive Intel 710 and 730 series.[122] Enterprise-class SSDs, such as the Intel DC S3700 series,[123]usually have built-in batteries or capacitors.”

Source: Solid-state drive
I don't see anything related to EMP vulnerability in your article. :huh:
Perhaps you mean corruption of data if power is lost due to an EMP event ?

More internet pipes is needed...

China using ‘emotion recognition technology’ for surveillance​

China emotion rec.jpg
China has been ramping up surveillance known as “emotion recognition technology” in order to monitor human feelings — and help them with law enforcement, according to reports.

Emotion recognition technology tracks traits such as facial muscle movements, vocal tone and body movements in order to infer a person’s feelings, the state-run Global Times reported.

“Emotion recognition is definitely the direction of humanity’s future tech development,” Ma Qingguo, who is head of the Academy of Neuroeconomics and Neuromanagement at Ningbo University, told the outlet.

Some Chinese experts boast that the new technology is up to 95 percent accurate at detecting people’s emotions.

The cutting-edge tool is increasingly being used in various fields including health, anti-terrorism, and urban security, sources told the outlet.

For example, the artificial intelligence system can monitor occupants of cars passing through a busy intersection, state media reported.

Security officers then might stop a vehicle in which a passengers appear nervous to search the vehicle for drugs, the report said.

Chen Wei — who is a general manager at Taigusys, a company specializing in the technology — said that tool also has the capability to predict dangerous behavior from prisoners, problem students in schools and elderly people experiencing dementia in nursing homes, the Guardian reported.

“Ordinary people here in China aren’t happy about this technology but they have no choice,” Chen told the outlet.

“If the police say there have to be cameras in a community, people will just have to live with it. There’s always that demand and we’re here to fulfill it.”

Chen said Taigusys systems are already been installed in about 300 prisons, detention centers and jails around the country, connecting 60,000 cameras.

He said the existence alone of the systems has an impact on prisoner behavior.

“Because they know what the system does, they won’t consciously try to violate certain rules,” he said.

Source: China using ‘emotion recognition technology’ for surveillance

Attachments

• China emotion rec.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 6
There was in late February: Censors. What’s the future of the internet? | RT Documentary They end with the possibility of a decentralized Internet with local control, a bit like China. It is coming also in the EU. There are document sites I can not access. Or sites that are available in one country and not in another. I experience this occasionally when clicking some of the links posted on the forum. It can only work because there are controls put in place on a national level. In the future, it is easy to imagine this kind of controls extended. I think it is something one can count on. It would not surprise me if some office is drawing up plans and ready to implement on short notice. There will be internet, but with parental control on a state-level.

hmm , homing pigeons , to have a homing pigeon you need a pair to lay an egg. That location is then HOME for them .
you take one to a different location and it will fly home when released , even at night !
so a pigeon is more like a self addressed envelope , it can not be ''addressed'' to a different address, ever .

and Ertugrul pigeons , well , who feeds them ? keeping a bird in a small cage hidden in the bush? no water no food ? it would not last a day , a bit of a plot hole ,lol
so if we wanted to communicate through birds , we all need to start breeding pigeons and then swap them around , not very practical

earth changes are the most likely cause of no net , IMHO, our magnetic field is getting lower by the day and one decent solar storm could destroy electrical equipment through induction

the undersea optic cables may be still ok , but that makes no difference if all the land based copper has melted
better store knowledge in books or your head , not the''cloud''

and breed pigeons🕊️

I think that this information is incorrect. SSDs often incorporate super-capacitators that will hold charge for a long time. Unless the SSD is unplugged, and the super-capacitator has discharged, the SSD would still be vulnerable to an EMP, as far as I can tell:

“Another component in higher-performing SSDs is a capacitor or some form of battery, which are necessary to maintain data integrity so the data in the cache can be flushed to the drive when power is lost; some may even hold power long enough to maintain data in the cache until power is resumed.[117][118] In the case of MLC flash memory, a problem called lower page corruption can occur when MLC flash memory loses power while programming an upper page. The result is that data written previously and presumed safe can be corrupted if the memory is not supported by a supercapacitor in the event of a sudden power loss. This problem does not exist with SLC flash memory.[79]

Most consumer-class SSDs do not have built-in batteries or capacitors;[119] among the exceptions are the Crucial M500 and MX100 series,[120]the Intel 320 series,[121] and the more expensive Intel 710 and 730 series.[122] Enterprise-class SSDs, such as the Intel DC S3700 series,[123]usually have built-in batteries or capacitors.”

Source: Solid-state drive
Thanks for the info. Although I'm not a pro with computers, in general I find it interesting to ponder, is it possible to shield one's computer from electrical anomalies.

Quick search on the net about the subject resulted at least one option - Faraday cage.

But unless one has an independent power supply, power grid is apparently the only option to power the computer, (perhaps) making it vulnerable to anything that happens in the grid, no matter what the other precautions are.

I don't see anything related to EMP vulnerability in your article. :huh:

I quoted the article for context and to show that a lot of SSDs have a super-capacitor built inside (not all of them). And as soon as you have a big capacitor that still holds charge (and they do for some time), an externally applied magnetic field will produce a current and fry you SSD.

At least that's what I understand with my limited knowledge of electronics. But maybe @Scottie can chime in with some more info.

It can only work because there are controls put in place on a national level.
Today I learned that that the local Danish State allegedly does not know what is going on and that some big multinational companies (so far seated in the US) are undermining the state and in more ways than one. The weekly newspaper Weekendavisen carried in their last issue and article called Tightening of the web.
Undermined. A year of corona has shown that we are deeply dependent on everything from websites and apps to subsea cables. But most of Denmark's digital infrastructure is now in the hands of foreign companies, a new survey shows. How it went is a modern tragicomedy.

Signe Sophus Lai was in full swing with her investigation when Mermaid cable was connected to the west coast of Jutland last year. The cable originates in New Jersey on the east coast of the United States and snakes 7,000 kilometers across the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean before landing north of Esbjerg.

The connection was the last piece in the huge puzzle that Lai and her colleague Sofie Flensburg have spent three years assembling at the University of Copenhagen. As part of the research project The People's Internet, which is funded by the Carlsberg Foundation, they try to map the entire kingdom's digital infrastructure - from websites and apps on Danes' mobile phones to data centers, transformer stations and fiber cables.

The result is startling. While a large part of the system just ten years ago belonged to Danish companies and the Danish state, the vast majority today is controlled by a small handful of foreign companies. The submarine Mermaid Cable and its so-called landing station in Denmark are also owned by a consortium consisting of, among others, Facebook and Google.
At the end of the article, written by Markus Bersen, they conclude there is no easy way of getting out of this dependency.

I'm left with the question if anyone remembers a synonym for a situation in which state and business interests have merged? In the meantime, it is the 8th of March, locally celebrated as the day of women and with a debate why there are not more women in the city councils. There is no equality they say, at this pace only in 2096. But then I saw a headline in a paper about a woman who does not want to be in the city council any longer, because the policies of the Government, led by a woman, has shown her there is no democracy. And so while the attention is on gender and race issues, the rights of the people in general irrespective of race or gender or anything are being removed.

In June last year WEF published What COVID-19 teaches us about cybersecurity – and how to prepare for the inevitable global cyberattack

I wouldn’t have known about it if it wasn’t for a recent article on Miles Mathis’s Updates, The Global Business Network, Part 2, that makes a funny comment on the WEF position, but nevertheless sends a stern message, Internet might be quarantined as precautionary measure, when deemed necessary.

“The World Economic Forum is already warning us that “a COVID-like global cyber pandemic is coming”, an “inevitable global cyberattack [...] that will spread faster and further than a biological virus, with an equal or greater economic impact [...] The whole world could experience cyber lockdown until a digital vaccine was developed. All business communication and data transfers would be blocked. Social contact would be reduced to people contactable by in-person visits, copper landline, snail-mail or short-wave radio [...] A 21-day global cyber lockdown could cost over $1 trillion”, adding that “COVID-19 was a known and anticipated risk. So, too, is the digital equivalent. Let’s be better prepared for that one”.

In June last year WEF published What COVID-19 teaches us about cybersecurity – and how to prepare for the inevitable global cyberattack

I wouldn’t have known about it if it wasn’t for a recent article on Miles Mathis’s Updates, The Global Business Network, Part 2, that makes a funny comment on the WEF position, but nevertheless sends a stern message, Internet might be quarantined as precautionary measure, when deemed necessary.

“The World Economic Forum is already warning us that “a COVID-like global cyber pandemic is coming”, an “inevitable global cyberattack [...] that will spread faster and further than a biological virus, with an equal or greater economic impact [...] The whole world could experience cyber lockdown until a digital vaccine was developed. All business communication and data transfers would be blocked. Social contact would be reduced to people contactable by in-person visits, copper landline, snail-mail or short-wave radio [...] A 21-day global cyber lockdown could cost over $1 trillion”, adding that “COVID-19 was a known and anticipated risk. So, too, is the digital equivalent. Let’s be better prepared for that one”.
The can use cyber attacks to make suffer people. Some days ago, maybe 2 weeks ago, here in Spain the SEPE, a state agency that pays loans to those who do not have a job among other things had a cyberattack. They say that - ejem- Russia is behind this attack.

Imagine the people, the families who were waiting for the benefit to pay the rent or buy food. I think they're going to use this kind of situation just to torture people.

I don't believe that a government agency of this importance didn't have more protection than that in their computers.

Thousand of people are still waiting their check.

Today I learned that that the local Danish State allegedly does not know what is going on and that some big multinational companies (so far seated in the US) are undermining the state and in more ways than one. The weekly newspaper Weekendavisen carried in their last issue and article called Tightening of the web.

At the end of the article, written by Markus Bersen, they conclude there is no easy way of getting out of this dependency.

I'm left with the question if anyone remembers a synonym for a situation in which state and business interests have merged? In the meantime, it is the 8th of March, locally celebrated as the day of women and with a debate why there are not more women in the city councils. There is no equality they say, at this pace only in 2096. But then I saw a headline in a paper about a woman who does not want to be in the city council any longer, because the policies of the Government, led by a woman, has shown her there is no democracy. And so while the attention is on gender and race issues, the rights of the people in general irrespective of race or gender or anything are being removed.
The Coordinated and Comprehensive response to Covid was adopted through a Un Resolution in 2020. General Assembly Adopts Omnibus Resolution Calling for Holistic COVID-19 Response, among 3 Passed on Global Health Threats, Malaria | Meetings Coverage and Press Releases
The final Omnibus UN resolution is Here.
The model is based on public-private partnerships.

Key question is what will be the cyber-vaccine? Shutting it all down to flip a few switches to engage a new modified system would be easy enough. Everything mostly pumps through satellites or cable providers yes? That’s the gateway.

and they do want digital currencies so that makes the internet a must.

The key question would become, what is the cyber vaccine you have to take to get back up and running? What do they want that they don’t already have?

The biometric ID passport?

Key question is what will be the cyber-vaccine? Shutting it all down to flip a few switches to engage a new modified system would be easy enough. Everything mostly pumps through satellites or cable providers yes? That’s the gateway.

The key question would become, what is the cyber vaccine you have to take to get back up and running? What do they want that they don’t already have?

Everything, especially the most incongruous ideas, are possible.

Most countries have some form of biometric passport. My guess is a new type of ID based on fingerprint and face recognition / retina scan combined with a vaccination card, your IP address and GPS location.

Back
Top Bottom