wild cat kills baby girl in Lebanon

M

Muhammad

another cat weirdness
2 days ago a wild cat attacked and killed a little baby girl in Lebanon...

a link to al Nahar article
-----------
A wild cat attacked and killed a one month old baby girl while she slept in her crib in the southern district of Marjaayoun, As Safir newspaper reported Monday.

The paper said the cat snuck into Shahd Mahmoud's room while her parents were outside in their barn and bit her in the face causing severe damage.

Upon hearing the baby's screams, her mother Nisrine stormed into the room where she saw a big black cat biting Shahd in the face.

The father, Saadeddine Mahmoud and neighbors rushed the baby to hospital in Marjaayoun.

The girl was then transferred to Beirut State Hospital where she died Sunday, a day after the attack. An Nahar said Nisrine had a nervous breakdown upon learning of her daughter's death and was also taken to hospital for treatment

One of the neighbors killed the wild cat and kept it for investigators to examine in order to find out what caused the incident, As Safir said.

Beirut, Updated 20 Feb 06, 13:25

The animal Kingom seems to be telling us something like: "wake the hell up" and "What the hell are you doing to my home?" Are the first things that come to mind:

Protective mother wrestles lost polar bear

A woman described as 'five-foot nothing and 90 pounds on a wet day,' took on a 700-pound animal that had wandered into a remote Quebec village and seemed to be eyeing her seven-year-old son.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20060221.BEAR21/TPStory/?query=

J.

Did everyone hear about the Whale in the Thames (London) which saturated the news here for a few days? It swam right up into London from the North sea and continually tried to beach itself until it was taken away on a boat.

As a zoology student, I'm very interested in the phenomenon of whales beaching and cetacean behaviour and intelligence in general. I was interested to read the C's confirming what seemed to be the case - that these animals are incredibly intelligent but not directly comparable with humans in any sense. Of course, scientists know this, but that doesn't stop people asking me questions as stupid as "if they're so intelligent, why don't they build anything?'

I remember also reading in one of Marciniak's books ('Earth', I think) that whales are intentionally beaching themselves to commit suicide (something to do with reincarnating in 4th density). I'd appreciate it if anyone has any information about attempts by science to explain this behaviour.

Back
Top Bottom