Why do we not remember our past lives?

Now what is interesting is how these memories can restrict or hold us back in this life. What if those things never happened but they are implanted screen memories to deter you from your Soul’s quest and purpose in this life? I have this big inner dialogue about having an agreement with “them” that they will leave me alone if I leave them alone.

Now what is interesting is how these memories can restrict or hold us back in this life. What if those things never happened but they are implanted screen memories to deter you from your Soul’s quest and purpose in this life? I have this big inner dialogue about having an agreement with “them” that they will leave me alone if I leave them alone.
Nothing limits me. In due course I will go to the stake again. With great fear, but I will go.

I do remember, but it only helps as far as the learning zone is concerned. However, it is mentally disturbing.

I understand that there are lessons in what I remember. And that the story is still being written.
In this life, the plane became synonymous with burning at the stake for me. There I am completely on the crew. I have to trust fully. I have aviophobia. But I would like to get a pilot's license one day.

I wish I could forget about it. But here there was a "transfer". It used to be fire. Today these are airplanes.

In this life, the plane became synonymous with burning at the stake for me. There I am completely on the crew. I have to trust fully. I have aviophobia. But I would like to get a pilot's license one day.

I wish I could forget about it. But here there was a "transfer". It used to be fire. Today these are airplanes.
Burning at the stake is a pain that cannot be compared to any other physical pain. But I also had mental pain. I felt I had to do more. I wrote, I read. I wanted to do a lot, but it was not given. There were no effects, there were intentions. To this day, I suffer a lot when I meet people who have beautiful dreams and intentions, but who have no effect on them.

But being burned at the stake was a pain beyond compare and I remember this pain like nothing else. It was absolutely the wrong time. Then I had everything I wanted to give. And I couldn't give anything.

It is part of the veiling that we have in 3rd density STS. The veiling is put in place for the opportunity of accelerated learning, for if all was known, little advancement would occur in the physical realms.

Here is a quote from a question posed to Ra,

...but why must he come into an incarnation and lose memory, conscious memory of what he wants to do and then act in a way that he hopes to act? Could you expand on that please?

Ra: I am Ra. Let us give the example of the man who sees all the poker hands. He then knows the game. It is but child’s play to gamble, for it is no risk. The other hands are known. The possibilities are known and the hand will be played correctly but with no interest.

Ra: I am Ra. Let us give the example of the man who sees all the poker hands. He then knows the game. It is but child’s play to gamble, for it is no risk. The other hands are known. The possibilities are known and the hand will be played correctly but with no interest.

Remembering past lives is not associated with disinterest. If you live again now, you are surprised, you are curious about every aspect of everything.

You can remember the smallest details and the time between lives. But you're still curious about what happens, as long as you keep an open mind.

You check whether what you wrote down is true. You are here and sometimes you forget it. But you go back there, it's hard. You don't want to go back there. You know this pain is terrible. But you come back to check. And enjoy what you research! Oh that's it!

It helps sometimes.

There's this bit from a C's session:

Q: So, he is in process of taking another step. Well, his question was, and he was frustrated by this, and it is a good point, I think, that if we have so many incarnations, and all there is is lessons, why can't we remember them. Why do we seemingly have to start over and over again. What is the cause of the forgetting? By this conscious forgetting, do we lose our ability to navigate from one life to the next? Why can't we remember previous lives?

A: You do, at the subconscious level. And it is at that level where the balancing to be derived from the lessons is most needed!

Q: Is there any other reason for the forgetting?

A: DNA strand structured.

Why don't we have the benefit of drawing from a reserve of past experiences/lessons to take better decisions in our present?
Perhaps in some situations you may actually subconsciously draw from lessons learned in previous lives when making decisions, which I think may translate to instinct, a gut feeling, hunch or insight. FWIW.

Perhaps in some situations you may actually subconsciously draw from lessons learned in previous lives when making decisions, which I think may translate to instinct, a gut feeling, hunch or insight. FWIW.
If you can do it, it ought to be done. We don't usually choose the most difficult game. We choose very hard when we want to really prove ourselves. And sometimes we have to choose that way.

If we win this game, we have a chance to fulfill something that may not be available in the history of this world or in many forking stories.

I am going to start a thread about the time machine soon. This is a machine with great potential. But a pearl is always born of suffering.

I have been seeking a satisfactory explanation for why we are unable to remember our past lives but have been unable to find one. If the universe is one big school and all there is are lessons, then why don't we remember what we learnt in a previous life? Why don't we have the benefit of drawing from a reserve of past experiences/lessons to take better decisions in our present? To be born without any knowledge of our past seems to defeat the purpose of learning, if one assumes that learning is the primary goal of existence. I may be able to avoid making the same mistakes in this life that I made in a past life if I remembered them

What if you remembered everything happened to you in previous lives? Probably gives you some pain and some joy, and most likely those memories would distracting your current life.
So, I think, forgetting and starting the new life is blessing, because, then we can learn new things and chance to be better person, so that will be balance previous karmic burdens.
Anyway I found some interesting information that might help you.

21.9 Questioner: Now, when the 75,000-year cycle started, [the] life span was approximately nine hundred years, average. What was the process and scheduling of— mechanism, shall I say, of reincarnation at that time, and how did the time in between incarnations into third-density physical apply to the growth of the mind/body/spirit complex?

Ra: I am Ra. This query is more complex than most. We shall begin. The incarnation pattern of the beginning third-density mind/body/spirit complex begins in darkness, for you may think or consider of your density as one of, as you may say, a sleep and a forgetting. This is the only plane of forgetting. It is necessary for the third-density entity to forget so that the mechanisms of confusion or free will may operate upon the newly individuated consciousness complex.

The Wave Chapter 15: All There Is Is Lessons, or He Hideth My Soul in the Cleft of the Rock
When anyone did something that hurt me, I knew that I had done such things as well. I could no longer feel any judgment or criticism of anything or anybody because I knew that, at some place and time, it was myself I was judging. It had been a learning process, and I grew from each experience. I learned what not to do by doing it. And, in a very real sense, this is the reason for pain and suffering. It is like an automatic guidance system that keeps a person on the path of learning. But the trick is to be able to discern the difference between choosing a path that gives immediate physical comfort, and then leads to great psychic or soul pain, and a path that may be physically uncomfortable temporarily, that then leads to peace of the heart.

August 12, 1995
A: All difficulties in personal life are karmic in one way or another. Especially those involving interactions with other souled beings. And the closer the interactions, the more karmic they are. This you already know.

Q: (L) Well, the difficult thing is to know what is the best thing to do.

A: Learning images is the process that is ongoing throughout all existence, and is achieved by one action or another. Any and all actions, any and all possible actions, any and all directions of actions facilitate continued learning. Therefore, it is not possible in the ultimate sense, to make mistakes. But, one must experience whatever is karmic to its full extent.
The choices made reflect choices made prior to entering the physical plane of third density, combined with the opportunities that present themselves with the variability of reality in its fluid state. Therefore, the decisions to be made will present themselves when they are to be made, and it is only one's ability to accept interpretation objectively that determines whether the learning process will deliver greater or lesser degrees of pain.

Q: (L) Why does learning have to be painful?

A: It doesn't.

Q: (L) Well, it seems that it invariably is for me.

A: That is according to the perceptions of the experiencer, not according to any absolute criteria.

65.19 Questioner: The forgetting process was puzzling me because you said that the fourth-density activated people who were here who had been harvestable did not have the same forgetting problem. Could you tell me why the Wanderer loses his memory?
Ra: I am Ra. The reason is twofold. First, the genetic properties of the connection between the mind/body/spirit complex and the cellular structure of the body is different for third density than for third/fourth density.

Secondly, the free will of third-density entities needs be preserved
. Thus Wanderers volunteer for third-density genetic or DNA connections to the mind/body/spirit complex. The forgetting process can be penetrated to the extent of the Wanderer remembering what it is and why it is upon the planetary sphere. However, it would be an infringement if Wanderers penetrated the forgetting so far as to activate the more dense bodies and thus be able to live, shall we say, in a god-like manner. This would not be proper for those who have chosen to serve.

The new fourth-density entities which are becoming able to demonstrate various newer abilities are doing so as a result of the present experience, not as a result of memory. There are always a few exceptions, and we ask your forgiveness for constant barrages of over-generalization.

What if you remembered everything happened to you in previous lives? Probably gives you some pain and some joy, and most likely those memories would distracting your current life.
So, I think, forgetting and starting the new life is blessing, because, then we can learn new things and chance to be better person, so that will be balance previous karmic burdens.
Anyway I found some interesting information that might help you.

21.9 Questioner: Now, when the 75,000-year cycle started, [the] life span was approximately nine hundred years, average. What was the process and scheduling of— mechanism, shall I say, of reincarnation at that time, and how did the time in between incarnations into third-density physical apply to the growth of the mind/body/spirit complex?

Ra: I am Ra. This query is more complex than most. We shall begin. The incarnation pattern of the beginning third-density mind/body/spirit complex begins in darkness, for you may think or consider of your density as one of, as you may say, a sleep and a forgetting. This is the only plane of forgetting. It is necessary for the third-density entity to forget so that the mechanisms of confusion or free will may operate upon the newly individuated consciousness complex.

The Wave Chapter 15: All There Is Is Lessons, or He Hideth My Soul in the Cleft of the Rock
When anyone did something that hurt me, I knew that I had done such things as well. I could no longer feel any judgment or criticism of anything or anybody because I knew that, at some place and time, it was myself I was judging. It had been a learning process, and I grew from each experience. I learned what not to do by doing it. And, in a very real sense, this is the reason for pain and suffering. It is like an automatic guidance system that keeps a person on the path of learning. But the trick is to be able to discern the difference between choosing a path that gives immediate physical comfort, and then leads to great psychic or soul pain, and a path that may be physically uncomfortable temporarily, that then leads to peace of the heart.

65.19 Questioner: The forgetting process was puzzling me because you said that the fourth-density activated people who were here who had been harvestable did not have the same forgetting problem. Could you tell me why the Wanderer loses his memory?
Ra: I am Ra. The reason is twofold. First, the genetic properties of the connection between the mind/body/spirit complex and the cellular structure of the body is different for third density than for third/fourth density.

Secondly, the free will of third-density entities needs be preserved
. Thus Wanderers volunteer for third-density genetic or DNA connections to the mind/body/spirit complex. The forgetting process can be penetrated to the extent of the Wanderer remembering what it is and why it is upon the planetary sphere. However, it would be an infringement if Wanderers penetrated the forgetting so far as to activate the more dense bodies and thus be able to live, shall we say, in a god-like manner. This would not be proper for those who have chosen to serve.

The new fourth-density entities which are becoming able to demonstrate various newer abilities are doing so as a result of the present experience, not as a result of memory. There are always a few exceptions, and we ask your forgiveness for constant barrages of over-generalization.
But here it is most important:

"That is according to the perceptions of the experiencer, not according to any absolute criteria."

Any theory can be bypassed if the context of metatheory is perceived. You can really recognize anything. You can enjoy what is drama.

Laura has already talked about it. If you cannot see the light - become light. And light has extraordinary power in terms of permeability.

I've given this idea some thought myself, and I think the short answer is Karma could not be effectively worked through our existence, for the longer answer see below.

And I have sat there thinking, "well, how easy it would be if I only knew what I am supposed to be learning in this incarnation so that I won't risk not doing so and then have to come back again" but then I realized that me knowing what I am "supposed" to be learning in this incarnation would actually get in the way of learning what I chose to come here to learn.

The best way I have come to conceptualize that idea is that, if you're aware that something is going to happen, then your mindset changes about the event, you don't assimilate it the same way you would otherwise. It wouldn't seep into your subconscious with enough emotional impact to make it stick into your character or wisdom of life, per se.

If, for instance, I were to know that I was going to come into this world, and I was supposed to make several mistakes that would lead to heartbreak or loss, then I wouldn't really get it done. I would probably postpone it, or spend most of my time looking for the right moment to make a wrong decision, or to get the mistake going so that I can get the lesson over with, and that would simply ruin the lesson plan. Does that make sense?

And even if I were to time it perfectly, I wouldn't experience the loss and sorrow that would burn new knowledge into my soul, I would simply feel accomplished, and that's easy to forget I think. In my life it has been the times that I was absolutely sure of myself and that with deep conviction I dove head first into utterly selfish and foolish mistakes, that left me in situations I wish I weren't, that I have been able to gather the most effective knowledge about my own behavior.

At the same time, experiencing certain things as joyfully unique and first times, would also be ruined if one remembers that one has been there before, some of the drive to behave in heroic ways would be lost in lifetimes of memories.

Another thought that occurred to me on this line of thinking is, human psychology being what it is, we'd probably spend most of time seeking justification, or writing narratives for our past behavior, our mistakes would be present enough in our memories that in order to avoid facing ourselves, we'd simply explain things to ourselves to protect our egos and mental status quo, I daresay we wouldn't strive to change, we'd strive to remain.

So, as the C's said, there are more reasons that go beyond my understanding, but what I've realized is that if i were to know and clearly remember my past lives, I would get in my own way and progress would probably not take place at the speed at which it does now that I can experience this one as the only one I can consciously remember.

My mistakes are real mistakes because of my own shortsightedness or selfishness, or ignorance, and not because I made an agreement with another soul to teach one another about something, and so are my good deeds, if that makes sense. There has to be a certain blindness to life so as to properly assimilate knowledge, and for a choice to be made at a more sincere level and not with any foreknowledge.

Lastly, I think it was in a movie, I think it was 300 out of all places, that I remember hearing a phrase that always left me thinking and I think it's related to this topic, somewhat. The last words that Leonidas tells Ephialtes after discovering his betrayal are "I hope you live forever". And I always thought it was a simple cheeky insult, and maybe that is the way it was written, but it made me think that if someone were to live forever, or remember all their past lives, they'd find themselves stagnated at learning, having difficulty letting go and moving on. Leonidas meant, I think, that he hopes Ephialtes lives forever, so that he forever remains a traitor.

Having said the above, I do think our bodies and subconscious minds bring within the knowledge of past lives, in the way that it's assimilated into our beings. Much like the way a tree "remembers" all the sunshine it has seen, reflected in the growth it has experienced. The person we are today, some of our habits and predispositions, are a reflection, in part, of the memories that our past lives must have left in us.

The other thought on that is related to dreams and sleep, our brains work in a specific way when we go to sleep and the memories of the day are sorted and some are disposed and some are stored deep in our subconscious. I also suppose that past lives, in relation to the subconscious might be processed in a similar fashion, most gets disposed because it's not long lasting or crucial to remember, and what will be with us forever is stored deep within and becomes part of us.

I hope the above makes sense. It is a rather interesting question.

Having said the above, I do think our bodies and subconscious minds bring within the knowledge of past lives, in the way that it's assimilated into our beings. Much like the way a tree "remembers" all the sunshine it has seen, reflected in the growth it has experienced. The person we are today, some of our habits and predispositions, are a reflection, in part, of the memories that our past lives must have left in us.
This thought of yours is very important.

Ra (law of one), says that the third density is a density where "the choice" occurs, and that in fact it is very important since this choice of the soul conditions the rest of the lessons.

Two paths, STS and STO.

Y...

It may be that for the choice to be genuine, "authentic" for the soul, it (the soul) must not know that it has to make this choice.

Of there is oblivion.

And the "wandering soul" that voluntarily returns to third density to help, is in the same condition as the others.

He must make the "choice."

And if he doesn't make it ...

I believe that it is possible that "someone" will put all the possible "traps" and temptations so that he does not succeed.

Perhaps to some of you this reminds something of what happens in your lives.:-D

Back
Top Bottom