Who carried out the Hinterkaifeck murderrs/ and the Eil

Such a strange story, like so many unsolved murders and truly strange disappearances( a la David Paulides’ work……) But the “Hinterkaifeck Murders” are truly strange. I theorize myself that this was both a paranormal story combined with a truly evil and covert person or persons, who frustratingly and somehow, easily stayed under the radar for decades.
Not to mention The “Missing Lighthouse Workers of Eileen Mor in the Flannan Isles off the coast of Scotland. What the heck happened to these Men??? The lead man writes in his journals it was the storm of the century on the island, and his fellow lighthouse workers might be losing their heads, with one praying and one crying incessantly. However, residents on the mainland claimed their had been no major storm in the past days, as they could see Eileen Mor very clearly. When the replacement crew showed up to relieve the men of their work, the evidence shows that a hundred year storm perhaps did hit and the men hauntingly were missing and may have been swept off the island, bu yet it looked like the men had never left…..

WTH happened to these lighthouse workers and WTH happened to the Hinterkaifeck family??? Two mysteries among so many others that baffle me, as a 3rd Density human….

Well, the Hinterkaifeck Murders is an interesting case for sure.

It seems to me that the daughter, Viktoria, may have been having an affair with a stranger for some time before the murders and this stranger was the murderer.

I noticed that some websites confuse 'mattock' with a pickaxe when discussing or picturing the murder weapon. See:

The lighthouse mystery:

We can note that:
The lighthouse was first lit on 7 December 1899.

Just a bit over a year later, in Dec 1900, the keepers disappeared.

On Eilean Mòr, the men scoured every corner of the island for clues as to the fate of the keepers. They found that everything was intact at the east landing but the west landing provided considerable evidence of damage caused by recent storms. A box at 33 metres (108 ft) above sea level had been broken and its contents strewn about; iron railings were bent over, the iron railway by the path was wrenched out of its concrete, and a rock weighing more than a ton had been displaced. On top of the cliff at more than 60 metres (200 ft) above sea level, turf had been ripped away as far as 10 metres (33 ft) from the cliff edge.[12]

As for investigation:

On 29 December 1900, Robert Muirhead, a Northern Lighthouse Board (NLB) superintendent, arrived to conduct the official investigation into the incident. Muirhead had originally recruited all three of the missing men and knew them personally.[13][14]

He examined the clothing left behind in the lighthouse and concluded that Ducat and Marshall had gone down to the western landing stage, and that McArthur (the 'Occasional') had left the lighthouse during heavy rain in his shirt sleeves. He noted that whoever left the light last and unattended was in breach of NLB rules.[8] He also noted that some of the damage to the west landing was "difficult to believe unless actually seen".[15]

From evidence which I was able to procure I was satisfied that the men had been on duty up till dinner time on Saturday the 15th of December, that they had gone down to secure a box in which the mooring ropes, landing ropes etc. were kept, and which was secured in a crevice in the rock about 110 feet [34 meters] above sea level, and that an extra large sea had rushed up the face of the rock, had gone above them, and coming down with immense force, had swept them completely away.[16]

Considering that the damage was only on the West side of the island, I think that the logical conclusion is that it was some sort of superwave/tsunami as the investigator proposed.

Regarding the Hinterkaifeck murders, I just finished reading a book entitled "The Man From the Train: Discovering America's Most Elusive Serial Killer" by Bill James. The last chapter is about the Hinterkaifeck murders and links the alleged "Man From the Train", i.e. a certain Paul Mueller, to them since the M.O. is pretty much identical.

The book is a little choppy, but fascinating with a lot of history and sociological insights. Considering the strangeness of the Hinterkaifeck murders, and how well they matched the series of murders in the USA, I'm inclined to think that this guy just may be on the right track.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom