Who built the Padmanabhaswamy temple and what is hidden in the vault B, G and H?

Oh I see, so basically the temple is more like bank sort of, or at least the original purpose, Did I get it right?
Remember, we are talking of centuries old stuff in remote land, in remote language with no documentation. Best, we can do is remove noise that comes with beliefs, fear, sensationalism, passions of ideology/victimhood/religion/nationality/alliances/region etc. to see what rational hypothesis we can make out of it. I prefer NOT to jump into mysterious without weeding out the mundane.

It took me dozens of articles and quora posts, one lead to another to come to this hypothesis. There are TON of articles and discussions on the topic. Some where, I read that during 18th century, there are some Travencore neighboring rulers also stored their wealth in the vaults. 18th century India was a rough time, Moghuls are rapidly becoming weak, Maratha's are ascendant and they have opposition from other local groups like rajputs etc. As usual, British feeding all factions to fight with each other until both are weak to gobble up both. Here is one article on the origin of the vaults.
The vaults, dating back to the 13th century, were built by the Travancore kings in a bid to hide their wealth from invaders. “When Tipu Sultan was invading Kerala in 1789-90, the then king started stashing away every offering made to the temple inside the vaults to safeguard it,” says Hridayakumari. “Though Tipu Sultan could never enter Travancore, the practice of keeping the deity’s offerings inside the vault was carried forward by the kings who followed,” she adds.

Every secret vault in the basement has three doors — two wooden and one iron. The vaults are concealed by huge stones and are constructed in such a way that they can’t be spotted easily. The narrow staircase leading to the tiny cells in the basement can hardly accommodate four or five people. Most devotees who visit the temple have little idea where the vaults are located.

This 8th-century temple first gained prominence in the 18th century when the then king of Travancore, Marthanda Varma, after his forces defeated the Dutch army, set about building the grand structure of the temple, spread across seven acres, and dubbed himself the dasa of Padmanabhaswamy (Vishnu). His descendants see the Hindu god as their ruler, and call themselves his servants.
This article says temple is from 8th century, though other articles talk about Sangam Period( 500-200 BC). Many authors of Indian History say, there is no written documentation until 800AD. They claim most of the history built based on the writing on the pillars and so on. Religious texts like Purana is another animal hard to date, except based on the characters, themes etc. Interestingly, this temple records has ton of undeciphered audit records in very old language. So we have to take it grain of salt.

I came across to this Padmanabhaswamy temple story about 10 years ago. By then, the artwork made in its vault’s door mesmerized me. Creepy, for sure. And at that time, I remember, I made a quick research of what I think I didn’t save the results and means. However I can speak of what just comes to my mind at the moment.

The subcontinent India has many stories and tales of underground cities. Thus should not be a surprise if this temple has tunnels linking it to some subterraneous road or even rightly to some of those cities. For some reason I don’t think it is just and simply a type of Fort Knox. One thing, I remember, was that it traditionally was/is guarded by Brahmins, the sacerdotal Hindu cast. I tried to find a statement from one of its Brahmin guardians, that I had read, but I could not find it into my archives. But I recall that the Brahmin stated that he had access to the interior of the vaults.

Now regarding the stories of underground cities in India, those cities are told a domain of Nagas, that is, the Nagas rule most, if not all, the underground India. Not to confuse these Nagas with the human people of same name. The underground Nagas are told a reptilian race with a countenance half-snake below the waist and human-featured above the waist. As such they are feared, they are known as devourers of men, but also worshiped by some Hindu sects. Maybe this could more suitably explain the sculptured serpents in the door than those “mundane” snakes told inside of the temple.

A famous designation to an even more ample Naga underground is Patala —also called Naga-loka— but that realm seems to be some kind of otherworld —4D?!!— region, though the Bhagavata Purana regards it standing below the earth —the “bila-svargas,” i.e. subterranean castles.
July 16, 1994 session

Q: (L) Bob Lazar referred to the fact that aliens supposedly refer to humans as containers. What does this mean?
A: Storage for later use.
……….
Q: (L) Used for what?
A: Consumption.

Q: (L) You mean eaten?
A: Total consumption.
……..

Q: (L) Ingredients for what?
A: New race. Important. 13 years approximately when project will be finished.
………
A: Reprototype. The Vats exist. Missing persons often go there and especially missing children.
…….
A: Inform them. Don’t hide the truth from children.

Q: (L) How does truth protect us?
A: Awareness protects. Ignorance endangers.

Q: (L) Why tell children such horrible things?
A: They need to know.

Q: (L) What is the purpose of this project?
A: New life here.

Q: (L) Are the aliens using our emotions and energies?
A: Correct; and bodies too. Each earth year 10 percent more children are taken.
……….
A: You must know what the consortium is doing. This is done mostly to Indian children.

Q: (L) Why are things like this being done?
A: There is a big effort on behalf of Orions and their human brethren to create a new race and control it as well as the rest of humanity.

Q: (L) What happens to the souls? Is this project physical only?
A: Physical and souls recycled.
………

July 30, 1994 session

Q: (L) Would we be happy moving to British Guyana?
A: Not likely.
……….
Q: (L) But we don’t want to stay here and be eaten by aliens!
A: Aliens eat Guyanans too.
……….

July 19, 1997 session

Q: Do you mean that 4h density STS likes particularly to eat Aryans?
A: Only the reptilian types.
……..
A: They most prefer children with high body fat content.​

Speaking of temples, has anyone seen this video? Its supposed to be a temple with a weird electric phenomenon.
I'm not sure but I think it's the Vam Rai temple in Vietnam. There is a Russian description at the start saying, "atmospheric electricity at top of temple."

I uploaded it myself from a longer mashup video from YouTube.

It seems to be making those weird "trumpet" sounds that people have been hearing over the past several years.
The phenomenon seems to also sway in the wind so I don't know, what do you guys think? Fake or real?

The phenomenon seems to also sway in the wind so I don't know, what do you guys think? Fake or real?

I don’t know what to tell you. I looked to see if there is something related to that In other sites but I couldn’t find anything. Vam Rai like a common name for temples in the region, I don’t know the exact temple in this particular video.
Also a little bit of more zoom in the video would have help. It does look interesting but I couldn’t tell if it’s real or not. I guess more people would have it document it if that is the case.

That’s beautiful! It doesn’t seem like an old temple compare to the ones in India From previous post.

Yes, it’s very interesting. “Officially” it was built in the 1860s, but who really knows. It could have just been renovated then and its even older.

It’s also interesting that currently this building is covered up in what looks like some sort of modern renovation. If you look at google earth it was uncovered up until march of 2019. Then in august of the same year it was covered up with a green roof and scaffolding.

03_2019.png 08_2019.png
03/2019 08/2019

So all the street views are from before march of 2019.

This is the most current photo:
02_2021.png

Another interesting aspect is the front gate has some intriguing imagery on top of the main arch and the golden seals on the main gates:
front gate.png Cup.png

door_seal.jpg

I could be wrong but it seems to be showing the spire illuminated.

Just some observations.

It’s also interesting that currently this building is covered up....

+
Another interesting aspect is the front gate has some intriguing imagery on top of the main arch and the golden seals on the main gates:

I could be wrong but it seems to be showing the spire illuminated.

Just some observations.
Especially take notice of these vessels/bowls/spheres.

Then read this:

The Lost Key: Part 1

The Lost Key: Part 2

Oh I see, so basically the temple is more like bank sort of, or at least the original purpose, Did I get it right?
Here is a account of attempts to recover the items in one of the vault early 20th century. Here there is lot of spin citing same author Emily Gilchrist Hatch according one's own glasses. There are 8 vaults(including recently found 2 more ), it was not clear which one is this. Indian public like to put it as "greedy Britisher's attempt to loot", British would say "we are just helping you". Well, you decide what it is.
Given that the oldest written western account related to this temple vaults in 1933, I looked for her book and found it archive.org and I read part of it and skimmed remaining part.

About the book and Author: It is a typical travel book in which author travelled one place to other, visited different places, listened to local legends, folklore related to temples, locations, mountains etc. The local legends takes the form of puranic characters doing some supernatural ( Saint Parasurama throwing his plough from Goa into Arabian sea to create separate land for Travancore etc. - probably mythicization of geological changes) , certain God/Goddesses appeared when some body in trouble, local customs of Nair ( local warrior people), history of churches ( fight over their control) and their background and legends and so on. Author seems to be sympathetic British (understandable), thought little harsh on other Europeans ( Dutch, Portuguese) and seemed fascinated by local legends.

Here are my observations:
  • The legends are snakes is common rural India and is not specific to this small southern tip. This is narrow stretch of land ( 70 miles width sandwiched between high mountains of Western Ghat's and Arabian sea. She mentioned that there are different paths in the mountains, out of which only few are passable and Nair's traditionally played the role of protectors.
Until comparatively recent years, Travancore was well shut off from easy communication with other parts of India by the impenetrable jungle-covered Western Ghats which extend full length of the state( i.e. old Tranvencore state). There are 16 mountain passes, but few are used now. The journey over the mountainous passes, few of them are used .. The mountains which isolated the country also saved it from being conquered by other people and this made possible the continuity of Hindu culture which is found here.
  • Author suggests this tip was never conquered by Muslims. Probably she is right (based on the timeline video), though I thought they were ruled for few years (based on the timeline video).
  • Local warrior (Nair's) people who were part of previous rulers( Pandya's, Chola's etc.) who ruled for more than 2000 years. There have some interesting custom
The Nairs built their homes, on their estates and preferred country life to cramped quarters in a town. In olden days the Nair’s home was his fortress. the solid strong wall which surrounded his immediate compound has a main entrance with a small door cut into the large gateway. On either side of the gateway were seats for the servants who kept watch. Over the gateway was a small room with small openings through which shots could be fired on any attacking army.

The small gateways with little thatched roofs which are so characteristic of town and country dwellings all over the State, no matter how humble they may be, are remnants of the old fortress gates. Some more pretentious entrances still have the seats on either side. The old homes were built in strict conformity to laws of architecture and astrology. Roughly a compound was divided into four equal squares, the northeast or south-west corner chosen for the house, the south-east for the family burial ground, and definite spots set aside for the well, bathing tank, cow shed, serpent grove and family deity.

The high caste Nairs are Hindus who regularly attend temple worship. The worship of serpents holds an important place in their lives. The legendary origins of the worship is interesting. The first Aryan colonists settled by Parasurama found Kerala absolutely uninhabitable, and since it was impossible to improve their condition they returned to their old country. After their departure the serpent gods of the lower world took possession of the partly reclaimed land. On a second venture, the early colonists found the land occupied and immediately waged war against the gods. Parasurama acted as arbitrator and decided in favour of the colonists, but ordered that they set apart a corner of every compound as an abode for the serpent gods. He also ordered that this portion must never be touched by the blade of a knife or the prong of a fork and that the undergrowth should not be cut away.
  • There are other accounts of where snakes ( other than this temple ) were found in the underground vaults coiling around golden pots where they stored temple assets include gold. I have to wonder, snakes naturally migrate to rarely used underground for heat and underground vaults are natural shelter. Temple offering includes lot of coconut and ingredients that are attractive to rodents. Probably, that also a factor attracting snakes to the location, though I haven't heard of the snake problems near temples. Probably, that is due to unused vaults for so long.
  • Regarding the padmanabha swamy temple, her account very few lines except saying it has wealth and snakes prevented retrieval of few items they needed once, which they were able to do it after few years. It more looked like surprise shock to find snakes that became legend. Looks more like anecdote and probably no body knows how much is stored there.
Can of Worms: Opening the temple is going to be big can of worms, even if there is no snakes, for many reasons.
  • Temple assets are considered belongs to God and its governing trustees. There is NO single organizing body of Hindu religion due to its pagan nature. There are previous occasions that state governments tried to dip into temple assets and it created controversy. Generally, temples are local state government territory, not federal.
  • It takes the form of religious politics. Hindu's complain of taking it, while not touching western funded Christian churches and untouchable masjids.
  • No body has any appetite for any new religious conflict given that it took 75 years to resolve Babri Majid Issue to the point of silence, though no body trust each fully yet. I think this is one of the contributing factor in recent Supreme court decision allowing the defunct Travencore Raja's to continue to be Trustee's.
  • Kerala State is one of the top states( economy, education etc) with multi religious ( only 50% Hindu). Recent past, BJP tried to support traditional Hindu beliefs related to temple entries and it didn't work out well. So taking the funds by force, will be marketed as anti-Hindu, the current Anti-BJP state government is not going to make it complicated.
  • Even if they open it and get 1 Trillion, it will be less than thousand dollars for 1.2 billion and it will disappear in poof. Just scare the people of some virus or something, people will line up to throw what they earned.

In fact, there was a controversy in the last elections (2019) that that Modi promised few thousands for each Indian and opposition asking where is that money?. But, No body could get the video of that promise, but it is surmised that he was talking about how much black money owned by Indians in swiss bank and other people and people might have divided it by population.

It looks to me, there is lot of confirmation bias going on all over the place. religious folks looking for their own beliefs, people who see conspiracy for not opening it and different shades of politics in between.

Back
Top Bottom