White paint linked to racism?

Ugly Forms of Climate Struggle: Jane Fonda Demands White Men be Jailed

Hollywood star Jane Fonda, speaking at the 76th Cannes Film Festival, made a provocative statement. It turns out that climate change is caused exclusively by men, especially white men. And these men, says the Foundation, "should be arrested and put in jail."

"Patriarchy" and "racism" are also to blame for global warming, the actress claimed in her speech. And most of all, global warming will hit the "poor colored people" and the population of the southern hemisphere.

“This is a tragedy that we must stop completely. We need to arrest and jail these men — they are all men," she added, "It is useful for all of us to realize that there would not have been a climate crisis if there had not been racism. There would be no climate crisis if there were no patriarchy. For a mindset that views things hierarchically, white men are what only matters, and everything else [is] in the background.”

What else can a Hollywood star do if she is no longer invited to film or television roles? To devote herself with all her passion to the fight against climate change, occasionally remembering the times when these white men sought her out or she herself sought them out.

At age 80, it seems like Fonda would've figured out by now that issues aren't so black and white. Like her hair, there's a lot of gray. :-)

Oh, i believe Fonda’s real hair is all white, all right. The image shows that she is partially coloring it, looking as if it would be salt’n pepper-grey.

At age 80, it seems like Fonda would've figured out by now that issues aren't so black and white. Like her hair, there's a lot of gray. :-)
You're too kind, I have seen her age listed as 85. The recent pictures I have seen, it sure looks like the lights are on, but nobody's home...

Back
Top Bottom