Where to start with diet and health?

Hello.

Thanks for the responses.

Regarding Elimination Diets, as mentioned above, my sensitivity in relation to feeling out whether a food item is good or bad for me is dulled, so I was wondering if there is anything I can do to increase sensitivity. If there are any methods or ways to tune into the body and mind to test food sensitivities, please let me know. Thanks.

Hello.

Thanks for the responses.

Regarding Elimination Diets, as mentioned above, my sensitivity in relation to feeling out whether a food item is good or bad for me is dulled, so I was wondering if there is anything I can do to increase sensitivity. If there are any methods or ways to tune into the body and mind to test food sensitivities, please let me know. Thanks.
I was just reading this thread again. I would say just cut all common allergies out for a month and reintroduce them, that's probably the easiest way!

So dairy, eggs, wheat, refined sugar etc. Just stick to simple meat and maybe some starch and fruit, try that for 30 days or whatever and then reintroduce whatever foods you think you may be sensitive too.

However like another member said, it can take longer than a month to clear out whatever needs to be cleared. Keep a food diary, mark down any reactions/ feelings. Best way to get in touch with your body more is meditation!

However like another member said, it can take longer than a month to clear out whatever needs to be cleared. Keep a food diary, mark down any reactions/ feelings. Best way to get in touch with your body more is meditation!

What a great reminder that it can take more than a month, everyone's experience when changing diets and figuring out what works best for them is different even if they end up being incredibly similar.

I cut out all gluten and dairy multiple times for a month and didn't make it further as I kept getting extremely sick . I tried again this year for a month and then again for 2 months.

I got sicker and sicker for the 2 months but kept pushing to go as I read other's stories, ones from this forum and others like Mikayla Peterson's Carnivore diet that sometimes as your body adjust you get sick for a bit first. It's like the body is withdrawing from food a person has had their whole life! I got sick to the point I couldn't have bowel movements for days, sometimes 2 weeks which has never been an issue for me.

I reintroduced a small amount of high quality dairy and gluten/wheat back into my diet and felt much much better, My bowel movements have been regulating again. It was really hard to introduce dairy and gluten back in as I have read so many times how terribly it affects out bodies, cells, immune system.

This was a moment of profound reflection as I realized I was conditioned again to follow someone else's journey instead of explore my own. Maybe GF/DF works for others but maybe it isn't what I need right now or maybe I need to try it in another way. What I needed was to go back to trial and error mentality and not try to do exactly what anyone else does, if it works keep doing it, if not adjust and change the plan as needed.

I think very low and high quality amounts of dairy and gluten work for me FOR NOW as I have also quit others things and adjusting to many many changes both in my physical and mental realities that adding more made me crash hard.

So this is a reminder to others that this is YOUR journey and it may or may not look like other's. Sometimes what works for you for years may all the sudden not be what you need anyone more because you have changed in some ways or whatever the reason. Keep trying and changing different ideas until you find what works for you.
Some people thrive off the Carnivore Diet and some do not. I don't think we all are required to eat the exact same as all of our environments, quality of different products, etc will vary greatly between cities and countries.

I still am on the path to finding what type of eating lifestyle aka diet works for m and these threads have helped a lot. Thanks to everyone who contributes.

edit: I feel like I repeatedly a lot of what others said already but I hope this adds positively.

All I know that is it a balance between learning from other's and trial + error for ourselves <3 YOU GOT THIS. KEEP GOING.

Last edited:
You may have found your answer since, I'd still add some small points for the sake of the group mind.
I was wondering if there is anything I can do to increase sensitivity.
Just do the elimination diet.
It's a vicious or a virtuous circle, a descending or an ascending spiral. You've been/are consuming stuff that got you desensitized, and will keep you this way as long as it goes. So by stop consuming them for a while, you'll re-sensitize yourself to what you can and cannot absorb.
I completely follow the advice of meditation up by adding the usefulness of Self-Observation concerning diet. Be self-conscious of any of your (body, mental, etc.) reactions after consuming something, for you will increase your sensitivity by practicing it.

This thread's infos are senseful, the resurging key here is to go smart&slow (in opposition to quick&dirty).

if it works keep doing it, if not adjust and change the plan as needed.
I mostly agree with what you said, that everyone has to adapt the general principles to his/her own situation, except with those precise points.
Sometimes things seem to work due to habit, and it's only by breaking the habit that we discover that there was way more to it than what we previously thought, or 'believed'. That it was actually not working, but an illusion.
It's like the body is withdrawing from food a person has had their whole life! I got sick to the point I couldn't have bowel movements for days, sometimes 2 weeks which has never been an issue for me.
What you describe here resembles a lot the withdrawing effect happening with drug addiction, i.e. it wasn't an original need but the body got used to it and can't go without it anymore, even less than with genuine needs...
There's clearly a reaction going on. Now it's tricky because:
1. does your body really need gluten and dairy to function properly (which is also surprising regarding all the objective research you've read) ?
2. or is it actually addicted to these substances and will even do better once taken out ?
I reintroduced a small amount of high quality dairy and gluten/wheat back into my diet and felt much much better
It looks more to me like it was the 'all or nothing' strategy at fault here, the 'how', rather than the 'what'.
So in a way, maybe your body does need gluten and dairy to function properly, but MAYBE just for a while too.
This graduating process then appears to be the right approach to adopt ; once again, to go slowly until your body's ready to eventually cut them out completely, if such allows optimal health.

hi, i still read swaruu and i have found a post by them on diet.

i copied it and sorted the items abc

the result is as the attached file

i am sorry as safari had an error message, which refused to copy, so the site ref is

NUTRITION AND DIET - CHATTING WITH SWARUU, ANEEKA, AND YAZHI ABOUT FOOD. 17 October 2022 by Cosmic Agency

i took the initial text, ref above, and simplified it to extract the info in abc mode. the text reflects the point of view of extraterrestrials on earth diet. whether you think that this text is true or not is up to you. i also provide this text to explore whether the swaruu are genuine or not.

Back
Top Bottom