When the Body Says "no" - Gabor Mate

Gandalf said:
So, here's the link for the download:

_http://www.mediafire.com/watch/r5p95czum06bc50/When_the_Body_Says_NoMind_body_Unity_and_the_Stress-Disease_Connection_W__Dr._Gabor_Maté.flv

Let me know if it is working nicely.

Thanks a lot for making it available, Gandalf - both viewing and downloading it is working fine.

Aiming said:
Gandalf said:

_http://www.mediafire.com/watch/r5p95czum06bc50/When_the_Body_Says_NoMind_body_Unity_and_the_Stress-Disease_Connection_W__Dr._Gabor_Maté.flv

Thanks a lot for making it available, Gandalf - both viewing and downloading it is working fine.

You're welcome and thank you for your feedback.

Gandalf said:

Thank you so much Gandalf, works fine for me :)

I was able to watch the 3-hour Mate video the day it was posted, and I found it very helpful. Thank you itellsya!

At the beginning I thought: "I know all these already", I read the book and watched a couple of other videos of him, but I kept watching to refresh my memory. I am glad I stayed with it for 3 hours, because at the end he does a live demonstration of what he is talking about, with a woman in the audience. The woman asked him questions about some problems she is facing and during her conversation with Mate she said something about not remembering any negative instances from childhood, that she had ideal upbringing, etc. Slowly Mate, through asking her questions, reveals that her childhood might not have been as ideal as she believes, and how those emotions from childhood (specifically feeling that her needs are not met or respected) drive her life and interactions with others in the present. It was very powerful, and the process of uncovering the forgotten childhood must have been very enlightening for the audience too.

Alana said:
I was able to watch the 3-hour Mate video the day it was posted, and I found it very helpful. Thank you itellsya!

At the beginning I thought: "I know all these already", I read the book and watched a couple of other videos of him, but I kept watching to refresh my memory. I am glad I stayed with it for 3 hours, because at the end he does a live demonstration of what he is talking about, with a woman in the audience. The woman asked him questions about some problems she is facing and during her conversation with Mate she said something about not remembering any negative instances from childhood, that she had ideal upbringing, etc. Slowly Mate, through asking her questions, reveals that her childhood might not have been as ideal as she believes, and how those emotions from childhood (specifically feeling that her needs are not met or respected) drive her life and interactions with others in the present. It was very powerful, and the process of uncovering the forgotten childhood must have been very enlightening for the audience too.
I'm in the middle of this and look forward to the live demonstration you referenced. I found the 74 year old woman's story very touching and inspirational.

What I really like about Mate is how he lets people to ask questions and instead of directly providing the answer will often ask questions in order for them to find the solutions themselves so it's more of an interactive learning experience for all. Really nice.

I've not read Mate's book yet, but from what I've watched from him so far, I'm pretty impressed about what he is presenting and the way he interacts with people and tries to present the information. Obviously he seems to know a great deal of what he is talking about!

At certain stages of his presentations I was actually quite touched somehow... I do not know exactly why, but I think part of that reaction is due to a profound feeling of the care, truth and importants I get from his research and the way he presents it.

I also think that he might be great guest for a future SOTT Radio Show...

Gandalf said:

Alana said:

Thank goodness Gandalf that you downloaded that video above before it was removed!

I'm about to finish it now and as others have said, I also highly recommend to watch the full three hours until the end.
Boy, Gabor Mate's research and presentations are quite profound indeed!

Thanks Gandalf for sharing the video!

I hadn't finished watching when it was removed, but will now be able to see the rest of it. And it's well-worth the watch.

In the video Gandalf saved above, Mate elaborates a bit on the societal condition and impact of what he is describing and how it is developing right now in society. That portion of the video goes from 137:40 until 141:00...

A quote from that part:

Mate said:
"But on a broad societal level? Boy, we are in a disaster zone!"

It seems to me by the way he uses "identification" and his stories of Mullah Nasr Eddin (or however you spell that) that Gabor may have read some of Gurdjieff's work at some point.

Gandalf said:
Gandalf said:
beetlemaniac said:
Gandalf, you can use the Bittorrent peer-to-peer network, or upload it to one of the free media-sharing websites like mediafire.com (they give you 10GBs of space).

Thank you beetlemaniac,

Loading right now on mediafire.

It's works great! I can actually watch it directly from the link. Didn't think it would be that easy! :)

It works for me too, a big THANK YOU Gandalf. I got so frustrated when it disappeared that I can´t tell you enough what a favour you did to me. :)

Back
Top Bottom