What's the weather where you are?

Maia

Jedi
Hanover Park, IL is 103F in the shade.

Out of the shade feels like at least 106F and it's sunny, sunny, sunny.

At least the sky is a beautiful blue.

The sun is white.

No rain for a couple weeks.

My grass is the color of hay.

Mini ice age my arse.

And I like hot but this is ridiculous.

Now, is it me or has anyone else notice it's getting hotter every year?

How's the weather where you are at? Where are you at?

No, if you give me a temp and sunny/cloudy and city/country I promise I won't come looking for you.

With the TSA Scanners and TSA body groppers I'm staying put right here in hotville, Hanover Park, Illinois.

My lawn is ready to turn to sand.

All my potted plants have been moved into the shade.

Can hardly wait to see my water bill this month.

My new Dawn Redwood and that portion of my lawn is now being sprinkled.

Later, I'm going to move the sprinkler around a bit so the rest of my lawn doesn't die.

Even the tress are wilting. :cry: :( :scared:

Re: What's the weather where you are at?

Its 95 degrees, and feels like 117.

I'm in the Tri-state area around you Water bearer.

The woods all around our house is wilting, the small streams are dry, the river is lower than I've ever seen it.

In contrast to the very wet Spring storms we had for weeks on end, its spooky.

I can't go outside at all. The heat is cumulative for me, and I went out Monday and yesterday, today I can barely move and spent most of the day in bed. There are storms in small places through out the area, but it never rains here.

Until it lets go, I'm probably going to be a shut in. :mad:

I am around your neck of the woods Water Bearer.

It is hot as Hades.

:evil:

I wouldn't say it gets hotter every year, I would think accurate records would be need to be referenced.

But to me it seems like the EXTREMES are getting, well, more extreme. Hotter summers, colder winters.

This may be just my perception, but the past couple years particularly seem that way to me.

Have you already forgotten how cold last winter was?

Herakles said:
But to me it seems like the EXTREMES are getting, well, more extreme. Hotter summers, colder winters.

This may be just my perception, but the past couple years particularly seem that way to me.

I would agree with this. Extremes are getting more extreme.

In my neck of the woods (Northern Michigan) it is very hot. Although we got a wicked thunderstorm last night/this morning which cooled things down a little. Right now it's a balmy 79F which almost feels cold compared to yesterday, so that's nice...

Reactions: SMM

Yes you are right, I did forget how cold this last winter was. I had just come in from outside and must have suffered a fried memory.

You're right though, it seems the weather is getting more extreme.

I'm afraid to fill the bird bath - the water would get so hot it would burn the poor little critters.

Thank God for Central Air.

Yeah, talk about extreme!

In central North Carolina, it's about 91 degrees and feels like 105. This coming Friday will be alot higher (102/feel like 110).

This morning, I was walking my dog for 10 minutes and I was already soaking in sweats by the end of that time. It was really hot, even at 7am.

In Lima, South America, the weather is so cold! 62.6 degrees, strong wind and 82% of humidity.
62.6 degrees doesn't sound that bad, but the thermic sensation is about 46.4 degrees.

The sky is completely grey as usual, Lima city is called ""Lima La Gris" = "Lima the Grey"

And it drizzles from time to time, but just a little.

Missouri area here, it's 95 degrees and we are under an Excessive Heat Warning until late Saturday. The heat index is about 106.

For the first time in a long line of summers - I've put the air conditioning on in the van instead of just rolling down the windows. It would help out there if there was even the smallest bit of breeze, but it's pretty darn still. I just got back from work and I feel drinched.

Yes thank goodness for air conditioning!!

I'll likely never stand in the rain again with continued fallout from Japan, but I am looking forward to it being a tad cooler. lol

Last winter I swore I would enjoy every second of summer (after the blizzard) hahaha, well let's just say I'm trying not to complain, but it's getting difficult. :lol:

It's blazing hot here on the central plains. Highs over 100 the past week or so. They say it's supposed to slip into the upper 90'S Thurs and Fri the back into the 100's for the weekend.

It's mostly subjective of course but it does seem that the climate has gotten more extreme. Colder, snowy winters, blazing hot summers.

Starting in the mid 1990s for about a decade moderation seemed to be the trend.

Ice Age ahead? None at our level knows for sure. The Universe has it's own plans no doubt.

Mac

We have been having a few sunny in southern Germany, hot days over the last 2 months, but mainly rain almost every evening or nonstop rain all day. A lot of thunder and lightening.
I've never heard or seen such loud and powerful thunder and lightening before.

It's hot and staying hot here in the North Georgia Mountains 92, lows in the lower 70's. Last Winter we got over a foot of snow during one day fall, which is the most I have experienced since moving here in 1996. Previously the most snow we got all these years is 4 inches.

Sure the temps reached the lower 90's in previous summers, but they would only last a few days, and then cool down to the mid 80's again.

It use to rain nearly every day here, now every year I hear of many peoples wells drying up.

We've had a cold summer here (Canada, Vancouver) probably our coldest in a long time. Last year was apparently our driest summer on record, so in contrast it's really noticeable. It's been cold and very wet here. We've had a total of 6 or 7 completely sunny days - everything else is been either really cold or around 19-21 Celsius and cloudy.

It's kind of depressing actually. Everywhere I go, people are commenting on what a cold summer we're having. Especially because the MSM had stated that this is going to be an "unusually warm summer" and it's been the complete opposite!

The Water Bearer said:
Mini ice age my arse.

I don't know.. from where I'm sitting it seems like the ice age is coming... slowly but surely. :/

Here in the Sonoran Desert in Western Arizona it has been around 111 degrees during the day and a low of 85 in the evenings. They have a heat warning out, but this is the typical weather for this time of year.

Over the last few weeks we have been experiencing very high winds and an early monsoon season. Phoenix has had 2 HUGE sandstorms, and video was put up on Youtube...It reminded me of a scene from the movie Hidalgo. It is amazing to see nature in full fury.

Oh thank you thank you thank you. I live to hear what is really going on in other parts of the country and world.

Keep the weather reports coming, this is very interesting to me.

:)

Peace and safe journey to all.

Here in south Japan we had very hot time up to 37 Celcius. Humidity was 96%, now we had a little rain from the taifun and temperatures went down to 25 Celcius. Last winter was unusual long and very cold.

Back
Top Bottom