What's for Dinner?

Last night I ate an organic tomato and organic green beans that my father grew. It works well that one of his hobbies is gardening, because one of mine is eating!!! :lol:

Scarlet said:
Last night I ate an organic tomato and organic green beans that my father grew. It works well that one of his hobbies is gardening, because one of mine is eating!!! :lol:

Geesus, how big was the tomato?

I had smoked makerel and beetroot last night, after two thick rashers of bacon and a fried egg for breakfast then licking the plate clean of all the fat.

Sea fruits mix & shrimps from the fishmonger, one pressed lemon, one portion of frozen coriander. The coriander comes from the plant growing here at our place, we cut it when there is enough and we freeze it :)
(and two slices of multi-grains bread .. aie)

Last night we have a delicious turkey leg meat with organic cucumbers, onions and tomatoes all together mixed with olive oil and apple vinegar with a dash of sea salt. Easy to prepare but very yummy. :D

This one was scruptious, I forgot to add it on here last week when we ate it.

Grass Fed Lamb Rib Flap (Very Fatty) Rolled my self after removing the Ribs. using this stuffing,

- almond meal
- a pinch of some general herbs ie. Rosemary, Thyme, Garlic, Salt & Pepper
- Table spoon of coconut oil

Served on a small bed of mashed sweet potato and some steamed spinache leaves with a drizzle of mushroom gravy.

Its a real winner I promise.

Best Regards,

Brent.

this afternoon I put in a pot, 1 chuck roast, 1 marrow bone, 1/4lb chopped suet. 2 onions and some garlic,with water.

It tasted great! I haven't had stew in months.

Yesterday, it was 5 o'clock in the afternoon (late lunch, early dinner perhaps?)
sardines grilled on a grill pan and young chard just a little steamed, addition of olive oil and garlic :)
oqgdqr.jpg

2mov9nd.jpg

Reactions: Ca.
Good Afternoon! What’s for dinner, guys? As the topic starter suggested, I would like to share my ideas) Recently I have discovered an odd dessert - fruit and berry starch drink. As far as I know, it is Russian jelly-like dish. It can be cooked both as a drink and as a jelly. I didn’t manage to find starch in a supermarket, but surfed the net and was lucky to find a kind of premade product in online store of russian products (russiantable.com). Due to the viscous condition of this drink, it coats the mucous membrane, improves digestion and prevents the appearance of dysbiosis. Delicious, useful and easy to cook! It takes approx half an hour to prepare. And some time to let it chill. Tastes good both warm and chilled.

Okay, taking a break amidst all the corona reading, I cooked this really delicious dinner:
Stuffed courgettes
Ingredients:

Ghee or lard
450 g of grass fed minced beef
1 tsp paprika powder (or more to taste)
1 tsp cumin powder (or a bit more to taste)
4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
300 g tomatoes, chopped
2 large courgettes, halved lengthways and seedy centers scooped out
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
1 chili pepper, finely chopped
50 g grated cheese, optional
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
150 g greek yoghurt (at leat 10% fat)
salt
ground pepper
Method
Preheat oven to 180 C (fan oven), 400F
Heat ghee or lard in a saute pan and fry the mince until it starts to brown
Add garlic and for about 3 minutes, then add onion for about 3 minutes, then add the spices, stir for about 2 minutes, then add the chilli pepper and stir for another 2 minutes
Add chopped tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes, until the liquid from the tomatoes has evaporated
Season to taste with salt and pepper
Arrange the scooped out courgettes in an oven dish cut-side-up, top with the beef mix and grated cheese (optional) and bake for 30 minutes
Spoon on the yoghurt then scatter the parsley

Serve with cucumber/red onion salad
This is for 2 servings, prep time 30 mins, bake time 30 mins

Really delicious😋

Back
Top Bottom