What's for Dinner?

Pulled pork
Pork shoulder boston butt roast cooked in the crock pot all day with some water and onion. Removed bone and shredded it and then put back in the fat and juices. Added pink salt to taste. Serving with a side of diced sweet potato cooked in bacon fat. :)

Spicy Drumsticks with Garlic Mushroom and Tomatoes.

Coated the drumsticks in a mixture of extra-virgin oliveoil, chilli powder, garlic powder, minced garlic and salt and pepper. Cooked for about an hour.
Mushrooms fried with garlic and, I must admit I cheated here, a bit of salted butter and some olive oil. The tomatoes were fried in the same pan.

domi said:
Goemon_ said:
This morning, boiled pork belly again and, as yesterday evening I get cravings and went for 60g of almond (after a little 4th meal), I add some more fat (meat/fat ratio : 65g/55g.)

I recommend slow baking pork belly in the oven at around 200F (93C-ish) for several hours.
The meat gets all tender and the fat will melt in your mouth. Oh, and brine the meat first.

I have try to do that.
That's translate to :

Brime the pork belly during 24 hours (with hymalayan salt).
Baking in an old oven at the minimum possible temperature (probably around 100°C) during 3 hours. Turning the meat from time to time and putting rendering fat on the top of it.

I didn't eat it right away. So, I did my usual thing : cutting the meat in little dices, reheat it slowly in the frying pan with a lot of the rendering fat and eat it with a spoon.

It is quite tastier than with boiling meat.

It was maybe too much cooked. Next time, I will try cooking less.

Goemon_ said:
domi said:
Goemon_ said:
This morning, boiled pork belly again and, as yesterday evening I get cravings and went for 60g of almond (after a little 4th meal), I add some more fat (meat/fat ratio : 65g/55g.)

I recommend slow baking pork belly in the oven at around 200F (93C-ish) for several hours.
The meat gets all tender and the fat will melt in your mouth. Oh, and brine the meat first.

I have try to do that.
That's translate to :

Brime the pork belly during 24 hours (with hymalayan salt).
Baking in an old oven at the minimum possible temperature (probably around 100°C) during 3 hours. Turning the meat from time to time and putting rendering fat on the top of it.

I didn't eat it right away. So, I did my usual thing : cutting the meat in little dices, reheat it slowly in the frying pan with a lot of the rendering fat and eat it with a spoon.

It is quite tastier than with boiling meat.

It was maybe too much cooked. Next time, I will try cooking less.
I slow cook pork belly at 120C for 3 or more hours, just covered in water, so that it is only just beginning to simmer (a few bubbles) and let it be until the time is up, and then it's beginning to fall off the bones. As you say let it stand before eating. Any left over I repeat for another day, cooking for 2 hours or so.

GretchenAllen said:
Beef stew, and stir-fry veggies. Love organic food.

Hi GretchenAllen, it is customary here for new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about yourself and how you found the forum, your interests, etc. No need for personal information. :)

And I could go for a nice stir fry. ;)

Today I had pork's foot (pieds de porc) with mayonnaise, a little sweet potato (100 g) and of course a lot of fat (coconut oil, beef fat and ghee). Oh! and I add the egg white that is left from the mayonnaise into the pan.

Today some stock from veal belly (ventre de veau).
And, I have find some organic sauerkraut on special offer. I have serve it with veal heart... and fat of course.

So, this morning I tried to approach the Dr Kruse thing.

So it was :

160 g of bacon rind (couenne de porc) (I can't find the protein content for that stuff)
4 little eggs (arround 200 g)
20g of coconut oil for the cooking
turmeric powder for the taste
and 2 table spoon of apple vinegar

That last me 5 hours instead of the usual 3

Parsnips (pressure cooked) cut to pieces then browned in pig fat along with onions and garlic. I add three machine mixed hard boiled eggs. So far this soaks up a lot of rendered pig fat. When the parsnips are brown in places, I add the minced (pressure cooked) chicken breast and pig meat, then finally add the bacon(fried in its own fat). Let the whole thing fry until it gets brown together, and the meat gets half-hard. Needs some practice to mix everything at the right time so it becomes like cracklings. Tastes really good and wonderfully chewy.

As leftover from yesterday taken out of the refrigerator I eat it cold in the morning with the mildest mustard. Yummy! This way i can have lots of fat.

A very lean beef hamburger patty, chopped, mix with pork sausage, ( with the pork fat drippings ), on a bed of green lettuce, sprinkled with vinegar. Desert, a 1-1/2 hour mild hike, in a light mist of rain.

Back
Top Bottom