What to do with money, if you have something left in the bank ?

These are all great ideas!

Some things that I’ve been collecting that haven’t been mentioned yet are:

-String and rope (varying thickness)
-A roll of screen and hardware cloth (for small animals, taking garden plants vertical, or drying food)
-sewing supplies (bonus points if you can use it for stitching up skin)
-herbs and spices that I don’t have capability to grow or forage
-bug repellent if some kind
-hunting knife, hatchet, spare parts for tools
-warm clothes and sturdy winter gear for the whole family. Waterproof when possible.
-I also purchased a solar generator when lockdown began, but I haven’t used it yet. I intend to get a pedal washing machine and a mop bucket for wringing our wet clothes if necessary.

James Corbett highlighted this manual in an episode about agorism, so if it suits your interests, it’s worth flipping through for inspiration and an idea of raw materials you could use.

Generally speaking, consider what you need to use the skills you have, and thoroughly research the skills that you don’t have. If you have access to classes or training that you can buy now, that might be worth it as well.

I would also say that if a false flag attack happens next year, news will not spread so quickly, probably. So you will have some time before food shortages occur let's say. So if your hear one day that people in a certain country mysteriously started dying or if internet gets shut down. It may be the best to immediately go in the first shopping center and buy the basic food which can last one year for you, or more if you have more members of family. For example, for one person -100 kg of flour, 6 kg of honey, 5-10 kg of salt, few liter of oil etc. Considering this, it can last for your for a very long period of time, and you will probably not die form starvation if food shortages occur.

History tells us after a collapse there will be a black market
the first currency is tobacco and alcohol
so if you have spare money invest in a stash of smokes ... easy to carry if you have to run , no use by date
another currency is your skills .
can you fix things? like cars or computers?

Earlier this week, because somebody foolishly whacked a water main, I was under a boil water advisory for about three days. This resulted in me dusting off my emergency preps - I have a serious water filter and several 5 gallon jugs.

I bring this up referencing your comment because alcohol has a way of dehydrating you.

The normal rule of thumb is that you need, at a minimum, 1 gallon per day of drinking water.

If you're getting into alcohol (and caffeine too, I suppose!) - I like my absinthe a bit more than I should - that number goes up considerably. In practice, I went through 5 gallons in 3 days. Going through clean water too quickly in an emergency is a bit of a serious issue!

to purify water in a hurry ...add a few drops of lugols (iodine)
Using iodine is okay on a limited basis - a few drops of (unscented) bleach is more viable for the long-term - and you'll still want filters.

whoa is this a survivalist forum??

some things I'd do besides the presented, print in paper books on agriculture, storage, survivalist stuff like "SAS survival handbook", print Laura's books of course :)

seeds, grain alcohol, antivirals, hormones, stitch/needle kit, ephedrine or whatever OTC for anaphylactic shocks, baking soda...idk money would put in btc and xrp as a hedge in case the rothschild coin takes over.

whoa is this a survivalist forum??

some things I'd do besides the presented, print in paper books on agriculture, storage, survivalist stuff like "SAS survival handbook", print Laura's books of course :)

seeds, grain alcohol, antivirals, hormones, stitch/needle kit, ephedrine or whatever OTC for anaphylactic shocks, baking soda...idk money would put in btc and xrp as a hedge in case the rothschild coin takes over.

I cannot fathom how important physical books will be in the future - near or far.
Its a pretty common motif in history and in fiction - no one knows what has happened or is happening without texts. Laura’s works and book recommendations have been priceless to me in my search for knowledge!
Pens and paper, as well - personal accounts are only going to become more important as censorship continues. Write on, friends 💗

I bring this up referencing your comment because alcohol has a way of dehydrating you.
I was suggesting alcohol as a currency not for drinking yourself because people may prefer that to gold/money which you can not eat or drink
it is what happened in Germany after the war
when I say history tells us I mean this are the memories and experiences my mother ,who would be 100 this year, told me
herself

Ummm... Really? I'd take iodine over bleach... Confused 😕
I am going to defer to the resident experts on iodine here...
A Word of Caution to the Reader from the owners of Cassiopaea Forum
The information presented in this thread should not be undertaken without first consulting with a physician. Proper laboratory and clinical monitoring is essential to achieving the final goals of using safe and natural treatments. This discussion is for informational purposes only.
I realized I had way too much information archived about iodine from the Medical Veritas Institute, by Mark Sirus. The info is pretty interesting so I'll add it here. Perhaps others have some other info from other sources or some experiences with this mineral.

So I selected only quotes from articles. But I'll be putting also a few articles too.
Are you going to be doing lab work and clinical monitoring in a scenario in which you are disinfecting your own water?

I am going to defer to the resident experts on iodine here...

Are you going to be doing lab work and clinical monitoring in a scenario in which you are disinfecting your own water?
You really seem to just be sidestepping your suggestion of BLEACH

You really seem to just be sidestepping your suggestion of BLEACH
I would like to learn more about your implied objections to disinfecting water with chlorine, as I had no idea that suggesting standard water purification practices would elicit an emotional response.

I would like to learn more about your implied objections to disinfecting water with chlorine, as I had no idea that suggesting standard water purification practices would elicit an emotional response.
You suggested bleach is a long term solution for water purification.
Using iodine is okay on a limited basis - a few drops of (unscented) bleach is more viable for the long-term - and you'll still want filters.
You want me to go into the dangers of chlorine? Not to mention you basically suggest adding it in unknown quantities, I will add only this - Chlorine additives are typically suggested for short term emergency use, such as camping or emergency disinfection... unless of course you're talking about municipal water supply, which is another issue entirely and still problematic imo. That being said, why don't you tell me why bleach is a good long term water additive?

As a possible answer for the OP, I don't think abandoning cash entirely is smart. Up and until it won't be accepted, most of us still have bills to pay. On top of that I'm reminded of some fictional post apocalyptic scenarios, I think the show Jericho was one (not sure), where for a short time folks still took cash, which sort of makes sense since people are used to accepting it. It could remain useful for a period.

Back
Top Bottom