What to do with money, if you have something left in the bank ?

Considering all this situation, how much money in % to leave in the bank ?

How much in % to invest in food supplies, clothes, animals etc. ?

How much in % to invest in gold and cryptocurrencies ?

Thank you all. I think it is good for many to get some really good answers, because certain things might be ahead of us in near future. I love you all STO guys.

Session Date: March 21st 2020

Q: (L) So, if you are in a situation where you have to accept, you just do it and do all you can to counteract quietly, same as with vaccine. Um... Here's one:

What should one do with one's money in these "last days?"

(L) I can answer that: What we've always been saying you should do. Make sure you're stocked up and supplied. If you can get with a community, get with a community. If you can't, ya know... Hunker down in place. Okay, next question:

Is the sudden overt activation of all of these authoritarian followers the main offensive of the alien invasion, or is it going to get even more bizarre?

A: More bizarre!

I'd say get enough supplies until it feels right for you. Personally, I decided to have at least 6 months of food and a couple months of water, in case the water supply experiences problems. A garden is also a good idea, even if it is on the balcony or inside.

There is no reason at all to keep money in the bank. Having some cash on hand is probably not a bad idea.

Everything else should be in gold, silver and maybe some of the major cryptocurrencies.

I'd say get enough supplies until it feels right for you. Personally, I decided to have at least 6 months of food and a couple months of water, in case the water supply experiences problems. A garden is also a good idea, even if it is on the balcony or inside.

There is no reason at all to keep money in the bank. Having some cash on hand is probably not a bad idea.

Everything else should be in gold, silver and maybe some of the major cryptocurrencies.
Thank you for the answer brother. I love you :-)

Food for thought regarding precious metals in a SHTF scenario...

In the middle of the event, you want things with real value.​

When the collapse happens, basically you have two options (when it comes to precious metals) either to give them up for food (or ammo, water filters, antibiotics or whatever) at very low rates (bad rates for you) or to wait for some kind of system to return and then use precious metals (at good exchange rates).

It is a very simplified explanation but it is like that.

In a real collapse, people want to trade stuff that they can use immediately, and the reason for that is surprisingly simple – it is because they cannot obtain stuff for immediate use in the regular way, like buying from shops and markets, and they still have to eat, have water, medicines, and similar.

People want stuff that has real, immediate value and use.

So as a result in real collapse stuff that can get you through that collapse is usually not precious metals. It is stuff that has immediate use and value.

Again, those precious metals have good (or even great) value when some kind of system returns, but it is usually later, and you need other things of immediate use and value to wait to for that moment.

Remember... Your body is gone in:
  • 3 minutes without oxygen
  • 3 hours without shelter from extreme heat/cold
  • 3 days without water
  • 3 weeks without food
As far as stockpiles go... They are good, but in the event of evacuation or being greeted with overwhelming force, they don't exactly help!

So, really, what are your goals? What's your budget? How long do you think the SHTF event that you're preparing for is going to last?

I only have about three months of food and three weeks of water - past a month and I'd feel better with water catchment and purification systems. Nowhere near prepared enough - but, I'm getting there, slowly - and then maybe buying more in the way of precious metals would make sense.

History tells us after a collapse there will be a black market
the first currency is tobacco and alcohol
so if you have spare money invest in a stash of smokes ... easy to carry if you have to run , no use by date
another currency is your skills .
can you fix things? like cars or computers?

I only have about three months of food and three weeks of water - past a month and I'd feel better with water catchment and purification systems. Nowhere near prepared enough - but, I'm getting there, slowly - and then maybe buying more in the way of precious metals would make sense.
Great question Alreadyin4thDensity Love And what you say cinnamon is something I think about a lot: At the moment I use a Water distiller which works well but because it is dependent on electricity, I do wonder if you know what the options are for water purification that are not electricity-dependent?
I also agree with rrraven that a supply of tobacco is a usefull comodity to store. And for me I think I will benfit a lot if I am able to organise myself enough to be able to store ANY tobacco and not smoke it all :) So I'm looking forward to becomming much more disciplined.

Great question Alreadyin4thDensity Love And what you say cinnamon is something I think about a lot: At the moment I use a Water distiller which works well but because it is dependent on electricity, I do wonder if you know what the options are for water purification that are not electricity-dependent?
I also agree with rrraven that a supply of tobacco is a usefull comodity to store. And for me I think I will benfit a lot if I am able to organise myself enough to be able to store ANY tobacco and not smoke it all :) So I'm looking forward to becomming much more disciplined.

A pot to boil, and a few tarps to capture steam and a container for the steam to drip into.

Here's a little compact stove top water distiller. If electricity is out, it could be used over a fire or rocket stove. Would probably be best to change the silicon hose for stainless steel or copper though.

Here's a little compact stove top water distiller. If electricity is out, it could be used over a fire or rocket stove. Would probably be best to change the silicon hose for stainless steel or copper though.

That distiller is expensive. Try this instead: Find a SS pressure cooker (used of possible) that takes a weight on top to create pressure. Remove the weight and attach a long piece of medical grade tubing over the steam vent. Create a setup that allows coils of the steam tube to pass through and ice or cold water. Make sure the free end of the tube is lower than the placement at the entrance to the cold chamber. Have a clean vessel under the free end to catch the condensate. Of course, you could also use copper tubing
This kind of setup can be used over a fire or even in a solar cooker. For use in a solar, paint the outside of the pot black.
Stainless steel is best, Aluminum is more common and cheaper.
I have a pressure cooker that was dropped, so I'm not going to use it up to pressure anymore, just in case. I have rigged it in just this way, and set it aside for an emergency.
Other options would be using a stock pot with a very flat, tight fitting lid, to which you could add some bricks to help keep steam from escaping. Ideally, there would be a center knob on the lid which could be removed for attachment of a steam valve in its place.

so if you have spare money invest in a stash of smokes ... easy to carry if you have to run , no use by date
Nicotine transdermal patches. Ibuprofen patches. Plastures, band aids, sterile bandages, stretch bandages.
and
Anything that does not have an expiry date and cannot constitute a direct objective of a hostyle takeover. Hardware and stationery items come to mind.

A pot to boil, and a few tarps to capture steam and a container for the steam to drip into.
So, here's the reference I'm using regarding water: The Prepper's Water Survival Guide: Harvest, Treat, and Store Your Most Vital Resource: Luther, Daisy: 9781612434483: Amazon.com: Books

At the moment, all I have are tarps, a purification filter, and some bleach. Not ideal, not by a long shot, but I live in a relatively rainy area. Next steps are a Berkey contraption (although supposedly those things are not exactly reliable) and a rain barrel. You can, of course, set up tarps for solar distillation of water. Zeolite and quartz filters are what the Maya used and might be a better long term option.

Edit: Adjusted Amazon link for 'smile.amazon.com', I imagine those of us who use Amazon already have 'Quantum Future Group' as the beneficiary of choice.

I never thought about alcohol. I have always a few month of tobacco in advance because I realy don't want to live without any.
I have soap for years, I think that may be a good currency and it is not a big investment.

Back
Top Bottom