What is up with this kid? 4 year Old Preaches in Pentacostal Church, MI, USA

Cyre2067

The Living Force
_http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/44157690#44157690

You really have to see this video to understand, but this kid is pretty scary. I feel really bad for him, he seems to have absolutely no choice in the matter and is merely regurgitating what he's been indoctrinated with. They do show a snippet from his more recent 'sermons' and it seems to be that he's just babbling phrases and words that he's heard, imitating the fervor that adult preachers seem to whip up, all with the energy and enthusiasm of a four year old.

Tragic and scary. :scared: :cry:

Puck said:
They do show a snippet from his more recent 'sermons' and it seems to be that he's just babbling phrases and words that he's heard, imitating the fervor that adult preachers seem to whip up, all with the energy and enthusiasm of a four year old.

Tragic and scary. :scared: :cry:

Yeah, mostly meaningless babbling. He's definitely not as polished as Marjoe was. Considering all the videos on youtube with babies imitating adult dancing, it's not surprising to see a kid imitating adult preaching if that is what he sees in his family.

I want to say I am shocked that the NEWS is covering this. But really, it's par for the course.

So happy to see an interview about a (albeit cute) and charismatic mimic presented without bias. The tyke obviously needed a larger, professional platform to convince the world that he is touched with the ONE GOD's anointing spirit. Give's me the chills, to be honest.

anart said:
You should watch the documentary Marjo - it's brilliant and is exactly this situation. More info here.

Thanks Anart! I'm gonna check that one out. Another useful film in this area is Jesus Camp. I squirmed watching that one because I had seen milder versions of it growing up. The kids in Jesus Camp are older than the little one in this video, but there is a fair amount of footage of kids firing this nonsense away and being cheered for it. Wouldn't the logical, nurturing thing to do with a gifted ACTOR like this one be to sit him down and try to talk intelligently about his thoughts? And get him involved in drama club IMMEDIATELY! He's obviously a smart kid. Unfortunately, his daddy is all too happy instead to feed the brainwashing by parading him in front of a hundred people who cheer whatever nonsense comes out of his head AS LONG as it's about God and Jesus and he slams his little bible, and wipes the "sweat" from his brow like daddy does.

I think we would be wise to remember that this has been escalating in the U.S. at least 30 years with regards to dominionist brainwashing of very young kids. That means that this level of brainwashing isn't just creeping up through middle america, it is erupting. I very nearly got wrapped up in a "christian group" which toured huge stadiums to pump teens up for Jesus, had a network of "missions trips" throughout the world, and also an isolated jesus camp in texas. One of the "trust building" exercises involved being buried in a casket. I remember being in high school with my mouth hanging open as a friend who had been there rationalized the exercise as being a profound experience about being born again, or something like that. That was it for me. I had always been a bit wary of the stadium gigs. They were glossy and gave me a bit of the creeps. However, I can attest to the power of being in such a space when "the spirit is working" and everyone is moved to confess their sins, sobbing and hugging. It is terrifying, really, how effective. I honestly attribute drama club, and a growing love for acting as one of the major tools I was lucky enough to grasp onto to begin seeing the production as it swirled around me. It's ALL theater! Insidious guilt theater.

Anyway, didn't really mean to go down that path. But, man, the video brought those images back immediately.

Thanks for sharing it. I think it is important to see.

To me it seems that this kind of "hyper" preaching is a sort of outlet for people. Like, they can just say things and get worked up and dump out a lot of emotional energy. And the people just sit there and gobble it all up. Certainly some kind of energy dynamic going on there. Wrong use of the sexual center?

I agree with the consensus. To me, the only interesting thing is to momentarily speculate what the rest of his life might be like, considering how strongly he may have been imprinted.

Gross. I saw the first video when it came out on youtube, but I hadn't seen the videos of the child "preaching" with actual words...

I agree it's no different than a video of a child dancing or singing (imitating)... It is sad to watch - a good example of the horror of the situation...

Edit: good summary in a quote from that film "Marjoe" -- "Far as I'm concerned a thing like this savors of a sordid sensationalism that is disgusting." The comment is from another preacher but it sums it up nicely...

Marjoe was a great film and a good insight to how a child like this gets started. Brainwave recommended it to me some time ago and I was really kind of blown away with it. The lengths people will go to just to believe in something or someone is incredible. I just remember the influence from he got from his parents, the way he had the whole production set up and all those people dumping money into his pockets. What a scam. :shock:

This kid here is definitely following his dad's example and I don't think he really has a clue what's going on. Horrible.

Pete said:
Marjoe was a great film and a good insight to how a child like this gets started. Brainwave recommended it to me some time ago and I was really kind of blown away with it. The lengths people will go to just to believe in something or someone is incredible. I just remember the influence from he got from his parents, the way he had the whole production set up and all those people dumping money into his pockets. What a scam. :shock:

This kid here is definitely following his dad's example and I don't think he really has a clue what's going on. Horrible.

Mindless parrot.

Back
Top Bottom