"What have I known differently"

aluminumfalcon

Jedi
FOTCM Member
One of my father's sisters passed away from ill health on Friday. I found out in the morning via text from my brother. Her name was Barb and she was 70. I have many fond memories of my family visiting her family when I was a child. It was sad news to hear. I continued with my day at work and afterwards a friend stopped over my apartment after dinner to hang out.

When he had left it was late (close to midnight) and I was thinking of having a snack in the dinning room when I got the mental impression of my Aunt Barb distinctly in my mind. I remarked it but could not turn away from it. The thought was impressing upon me the idea of my Aunt. Memories and familiar impressions continued unceasingly. Soon my thoughts expanded to feelings. I found myself feeling as she was feeling right then. I was empathetically overcome by waves of joy, happiness and love. I felt her presence and her love for me. It was as though I had known her spirit in past lives where we were much closer than Aunt and Nephew.

She communicated to me some words that I found profound and I marveled at this encounter. Quickly again I came to know another phrase that she communicated to me, and as I "heard" this new phrase I completely forgot the first one. That's when I endeavored to write it down. It is the title of this thread. After writing it down she drifted away from me and I could feel her presence lessening. Still, I was full of joy and happiness. I was left in a rapturous state still glowing with this feeling of love that I had just experienced.

She is in a better place and she knows it. Her visit to me was a good-bye and I am grateful to have this happen. I feel that her communication was a message. It has had me reflecting upon it all weekend. I am applying it to self-remembering and using it to view my life in micro and macro perspectives. Micro, in the sense of the present and all of the knowledge that I am acquiring. Macro, in the sense of lifetimes of accumulated knowledge that has led to my character, personality and hardships. It seems to me that I should look again at everything that I can from a different perspective. To know that which I already know, but to know it differently.

I am glad to have had this encounter. I am glad that I can share it beyond family (only one of my four siblings inquired further). I hope to learn to be better at learning.

Thank you for sharing aluminumfalcon, your experience seems like an opening of awareness of sorts,

I have found the the emotional connection that we have with things that we have towards ourselves are sometimes blocked or obstructed, separated and when there are emotions freely flowing under one's awarenes the way we see things change. "we experience things differently."
Some of those experiences can be hard to verbalize but i think it is a good idea that when any thought occurs you writte it down, as sometimes these thoughts can be sporadic and we forget easily.

I'm sorry about your loss, and i feel as though this experience is a turning point to the way you think in general.

I can't recall any such spirit appearance of my own that i can relate to your experience, it sounds to me your connection with her had a certain quality that allowed this to happen .

I'm sorry for your loss aluminumfalcon. It sounds like you had a strong connection to your Aunt. Thank you for sharing. :flowers:

Thanks Felipe4 for your comments. This is indeed a turning point in my thinking. And thank you also 3D Student for your commnts. Although we were family I didn't grow up with a strong connection between us in this life. This expereince gave me the impression of having a strong connection in spirit. Her funeral is tomorrow. I am glad to know that she is happy and at peace.

Back
Top Bottom