What Good are Gay Rights when Psychopaths Rule Our World?

Cyre2067

The Living Force
A lot of my friends here in the big apple are all Gaga over the upcoming equality march. Donations, parties, dinners and get-togethers are the new big thing, and I can't help but slap myself in the head and sigh when I consider the seriousness of psychopathy and how it's affect on our planet - it makes gay rights seem well, silly. So I did a little blurb outlined below, if any of you know anyone gay people who are just totally excited about 'the movement' and haven't heard about ponerology I figured it might help open their eyes just a wee.

Puck aka Cyre2067 aka Brent said:
Our current socio-political atmosphere seems to be heavily endowed with it's emphasis on gay rights, or equal rights for homosexuals. We have an Equality March coming up soon in Washington DC, fundraisers for said March abound, Pundits from the left and right weigh in almost daily, and Ben & Jerry's have even renamed one of their ice creams in support. While this is an interesting and socially popular meme, it often distracts individuals from matters of life and death - Psychopathy and its ever present affect on Global Politics.

As a species, humans have been constantly embroiled in conflict. Large groups have fought one another over the millennia for resources, land, or simply because one group claimed their giant invisible friend (read: god) was better. Recent research, developed and studied by numerous unnamed psychologists and students in Poland circa 1930-1945, demonstrated categorically that violence between groups of humans is the result of the group mind - whether it being the body politic or religious establishment - being infected by a very specific type of human.

Psychopaths. When I say the word, what image is conjured up? Hannibal Lector comes to mind for me, Ted Bundy, and a host of other famous ones - but the ironic part is that these aren't the most dangerous type, in fact we can regard them as 'failed' psychopaths because we have been able to identify them as such through their clearly deviant behavior. Hitler was a psychopath, yet look what he was able to do - he manipulated an entire nation into a war of aggression, and its clear he had help. Stalin had many of the traits, yet his disorder was slightly different, he's what you call a Characteropath, he suffered a paranoid world-view which was largely do to physical damage to his brain suffered as an infant. The point being that both these individuals had no capacity for the full range of human emotion. Guilt, Empathy, Responsibility, Sympathy, Love - they were as impossible for them as it is for a dog to speak - yet due to a lack of awareness on the part of humanity, awareness that these types of individuals exist, that they crave power, and that they are fully capable of manipulating their way into getting it, they were able to control entire nations and kill millions of innocent people.

If you think we learned the lesson, think again. George Bush and his daddy exhibited many of the traits of a psychopath. Tony Blair, Nicholas Sarkozy, Ehud Olmert, Benjamin Netanyahu - they have the signs for those that have been paying attention. The fact that JFK was killed in broad daylight, by the power elite of this country, an obvious patsy blamed - and it was never investigated by the police should tell you something about who or what is pulling the strings here at home - but I digress.

Today the United States of America - the country I was born in and have come to know and love - is engaged in two major wars of aggression. We invaded Afghanistan in 2001, and then in 2003 we launched another war in Iraq. The excuse for both these wars lie in the attacks we endured on September 11th, 2001 - however the reality behind those attacks is that the perpetrators were never truly identified. We were told Osama Bin Laden and his infamous Al-queda was to blame, but the reality is that Bin laden was a CIA asset for decades and Al-queda a creation of the same agency. Bin Laden himself also denied guilt, and gave a stark indictment of the United States, or its rulers anyway.

I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie. I had no knowledge of these attacks, nor do I consider the killing of innocent women, children and other humans as an appreciable act. Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children and other people. Such a practice is forbidden even in the course of a battle.

It is the United States, which is perpetrating every maltreatment on women, children and common people of other faiths, particularly the followers of Islam. All that is going on in Palestine for the last 11 months is sufficient to call the wrath of Allah upon the United States and Israel. There is also a warning for those Muslim countries, which witnessed all these as a silent spectator. What had earlier been done to the innocent people of Iraq, Chechnya and Bosnia? Only one conclusion could be derived from the indifference of the United States and the West to these acts of terror and the patronage of the tyrants by these powers that America is an anti-Islamic power and it is patronizing the anti-Islamic forces. Its friendship with the Muslim countries is just a show, rather deceit. By enticing or intimidating these countries, the United States is forcing them to play a role of its choice. Put a glance all around and you will see that the slaves of the United States are either rulers or enemies of Muslims.

Which brings me back to the point that Psychopaths Rule Our Nation, and Our World. They need us to continue to fight each other, without constant conflict, constant bloodshed, we may have the time to spread knowledge and awareness not only of their deviant psychology, but of the ways in which they poison our bodies and minds in order to keep us dumbed down, suffering random medical conditions, and thus easily controlled.

In conclusion, gay rights is important, but what value are those rights when we do not live in a democracy, do not have the rights of free speech and assembly, are denied habeas corpus (right to a trial). If you think I'm wrong, take a look at what happened to peaceful protesters at the G20 summit in Pittsburgh. The scary ominous, Nazi-style tactics are evident throughout the video, but the last minute or so when they roll out the LRAD really triggered my spider-sense - feel free to skip ahead to that part.

As I mentioned in my open letter to Debra Sweet, head of World Can't Wait and a lovely human being:
This (Psychopaths in power) is THE problem with our planet, and until it is dealt with, no peace movement will ever be effective. No civil rights can ever truly exist. There can be no equality, nor environmental protection, nor real healthcare until these conscienceless monsters are removed from power and exposed for what they are.

Please consider it, roll it around in your head, and begin to educate yourself about Psychopathy and Ponerology. If enough people take a stand, have the courage to see the truth and to no longer believe the maleficent lies of those in power, we can take our world back. We can change everything without firing a single bullet, a revolution of knowledge and awareness changing our world and making it a better place for everyone.

Take some inspiration from the latest Muse Single, Uprising.

Nice one Puck although I would have titled it as "What Good are Any Rights when Psychopaths Rule Our World?" :) The poisoning of our minds and bodies, the denial of habeas corpus and all the other ills are happening to almost every one, is it not?

I'm just curious about the point of gay rights, women's rights, human rights (as opposed to non-human rights?), this rights or that rights? In my view, they are all just ways to divert attention from 'individual rights'. If all individuals were protected from force, threat of force, fraud and coercion, wouldn't everyone have the freedom to make and implement their choices without having to have their freedom 'granted' to them?

I don't know, I could be missing something, but that's what I've been thinking.

This compartmentalization serves division. Everybody fights for the rights of his/her the community he/she identify with. And it apply also to nations and countries. With everybody focused on the community problems, a global consciousness of the real problems is prevented, so the PTB rule and divide without being annoyed.

Hi Puck,

I think your post is well written and brings up a number of essential issues, however, I don't think seeking LGBTQQ rights is the least bit silly. Without the knowledge of psychopathy and ponerology this movement will likely not meet it's potential and given success will likely be perverted like previous movements for woman's rights and civil rights. By perversion I mean that once 'rights' were won to some degree, each groups energy became corrupted within the 'privileged class' of pathology. And the degree of rights won only seems just enough to let some of the steam out of the pressure cooker.

And I have to disagree with Vulcan to some extent. While everyone is affected by our poisoned environment, I think the LGBTQQ community has endured a greater share of suffering than most.

I've been putting thought into this issue a lot for the past months, and have in the past wondered (I think similar to Buddy's thoughts), shouldn't people be seen as human first and then as whatever other group they may belong. So instead of a white man, I am a human male who is also white... But in a non-ponerized world, I think our humanity would be defined along with the varying groups we might belong. I don't think it's a linear thing. A lesbian friend of mine had told me how hurt she was to hear a family member say to her, that she doesn't see her as a lesbian but as a person first. All our parts are of our humanity - not separate things.

I think the pathocracy also seems to have a specific investment in maintaining stigmas and prejudices around the gay issue. This, in my opinion, has a tremendous hold in maintaining what is probably their most ponerized and 'powerful' group: men - particularly white men. Nobody reaps the benefits of the pathocracy as much as white men do, and at a severe cost. There are multiple studies that mothers spend more time with their daughters, look at them and talk to them more frequently, while boys are trained to 'be tough' not to cry or have emotion except anger. Likewise, girls are not allowed to have anger. If a boy is sensitive he is a sissy and he is revoked the pathological privilege of 'belonging' by being called 'gay'. I feel this is incredibly sad for both straight and gay boys. Being a straight man who as a child felt deeply about things and didn't know how not to until I learned to be a dissociated space cadet, I fought hard with this much of my life. It's really only in recent years when I made a number of friendships within the LGBTQQ community and publicly advocate for their rights that I was able to feel more myself. I don't know that this is a cause and effect relationship and there's certainly been a lot of other things going on, but there is some relationship there.

Vulcan59 said:
Nice one Puck although I would have titled it as "What Good are Any Rights when Psychopaths Rule Our World?" :) The poisoning of our minds and bodies, the denial of habeas corpus and all the other ills are happening to almost every one, is it not?

Oh I feel ya, but the gay rights thing has a lot of momentum at the moment, and I was hoping to use that to sort of get the gays to understand the concepts behind ponerology, as well as to point out the toxicity issue. Besides, you stick 'gay' in the title of any article and you're much more likely to get people to read it. Funny that way.

Buddy said:
I'm just curious about the point of gay rights, women's rights, human rights (as opposed to non-human rights?), this rights or that rights? In my view, they are all just ways to divert attention from 'individual rights'. If all individuals were protected from force, threat of force, fraud and coercion, wouldn't everyone have the freedom to make and implement their choices without having to have their freedom 'granted' to them?

I don't know, I could be missing something, but that's what I've been thinking.

No, I think you're point's quite valid Buddy, and I just wanted to target the piece and give it a jump off point that's familiar. It's also worth considering that in the history of our nation we've had women's rights movements, civil right's movement and now a gay right's movement. If I was hearing a lot of chatter about any of those groups I would have redirected the piece appropriately. It's really aimed at getting politically minded, active people to consider the direction of their energies or at least to get the concepts into their heads.

mkrnhr said:
This compartmentalization serves division. Everybody fights for the rights of his/her the community he/she identify with. And it apply also to nations and countries. With everybody focused on the community problems, a global consciousness of the real problems is prevented, so the PTB rule and divide without being annoyed.

True, and that's why I wanted to use their own weapon - compartmentalization - against them. Wise as serpents, gentle as doves.

Los said:
Hi Puck,

I think your post is well written and brings up a number of essential issues, however, I don't think seeking LGBTQQ rights is the least bit silly. Without the knowledge of psychopathy and ponerology this movement will likely not meet it's potential and given success will likely be perverted like previous movements for woman's rights and civil rights. By perversion I mean that once 'rights' were won to some degree, each groups energy became corrupted within the 'privileged class' of pathology. And the degree of rights won only seems just enough to let some of the steam out of the pressure cooker.

Well, I never called it silly, I compared the seriousness of gay rights with the seriousness of ponerology or at least their potential impacts on the world stage. In that sense, fighting for one while ignoring the other does seem silly, imho. You even acknowledge above that without an understanding of ponerology the movement will become infected, twisted, and serve only a privileged class.

Los said:
And I have to disagree with Vulcan to some extent. While everyone is affected by our poisoned environment, I think the LGBTQQ community has endured a greater share of suffering than most.

Psychologically gays do endure a pretty rough ride, however there are straight people who suffer parents with NPD or worse. Many of them are on this forum. My parents, while not perfect, did the least amount of psychological damage to me. So while I have a few programs carried over from childhood, I don't have entire chunks of my life blotted out by dissociation/trauma. I would say that everyone has an equal shot at getting their mind -flicked- growing up. Gays may have a higher chance of it happening, but that doesn't mean we suffer more then most as a whole.

Los said:
I think the pathocracy also seems to have a specific investment in maintaining stigmas and prejudices around the gay issue. This, in my opinion, has a tremendous hold in maintaining what is probably their most ponerized and 'powerful' group: men - particularly white men. Nobody reaps the benefits of the pathocracy as much as white men do, and at a severe cost. There are multiple studies that mothers spend more time with their daughters, look at them and talk to them more frequently, while boys are trained to 'be tough' not to cry or have emotion except anger. Likewise, girls are not allowed to have anger. If a boy is sensitive he is a sissy and he is revoked the pathological privilege of 'belonging' by being called 'gay'. I feel this is incredibly sad for both straight and gay boys. Being a straight man who as a child felt deeply about things and didn't know how not to until I learned to be a dissociated space cadet, I fought hard with this much of my life. It's really only in recent years when I made a number of friendships within the LGBTQQ community and publicly advocate for their rights that I was able to feel more myself. I don't know that this is a cause and effect relationship and there's certainly been a lot of other things going on, but there is some relationship there.

Well i agree with your first sentence, I still don't think it negates the point I was trying to make. Gay rights, as an issue, is secondary to psychopaths and ponerology. Without and understanding of the latter there can be no true success in a movement for the prior. I mean, the G20 protest video demonstrates categorically that our rights to free assembly and free speech are directly under assault by the pathocracy, therefor gays should focus their energies on fighting the demons that are taking away our most basic rights and stop pretending that freedom to marry is so darned important/necessary.

Puck said:
Well, I never called it silly, I compared the seriousness of gay rights with the seriousness of ponerology or at least their potential impacts on the world stage.

It looked to me that you did. So from the below quote, are your saying the 'donation, parties and get-togethers' make gay rights appear silly? The general sense of your post didn't seem to be moving in that direction. While I agree with the importance of spreading information on ponerology, your blog felt somewhat emotionally disconnected to me.

Donations, parties, dinners and get-togethers are the new big thing, and I can't help but slap myself in the head and sigh when I consider the seriousness of psychopathy and how it's affect on our planet - it makes gay rights seem well, silly.

Puck said:
In that sense, fighting for one while ignoring the other does seem silly, imho.

I'd agree if that were the case, but I don't think it's accurate to say Political Ponerology is being ignored if it's not known. Working to make it known to the LGBTQQ movement was the purpose of your blog, correct?

Puck said:
You even acknowledge above that without an understanding of ponerology the movement will become infected, twisted, and serve only a privileged class.

Does that contradict what I've written?

Puck said:
Well i agree with your first sentence, I still don't think it negates the point I was trying to make.

I was just sharing some thoughts. It wasn't about negating your point.

Puck said:
therefor gays should focus their energies on fighting the demons that are taking away our most basic rights and stop pretending that freedom to marry is so darned important/necessary.

I may be completely off, and apologies if I am, but might the recent difficulty in your relationship that you expressed in another thread have some influence on your thoughts above? Your ability to love and marry is a most basic right. Might there be some form of denying a wish for this to yourself?

Los said:
It looked to me that you did. So from the below quote, are your saying the 'donation, parties and get-togethers' make gay rights appear silly? The general sense of your post didn't seem to be moving in that direction. While I agree with the importance of spreading information on ponerology, your blog felt somewhat emotionally disconnected to me.

Donations, parties, dinners and get-togethers are the new big thing, and I can't help but slap myself in the head and sigh when I consider the seriousness of psychopathy and how it's affect on our planet - it makes gay rights seem well, silly.

Hey Los, that's not quite what I meant. I was comparing the seriousness, or potential impact on the global stage of one with the other. Imho Gay rights is a very local, and self-oriented kind of expression of homosexuals involvement in politics. If we're going to spend all this energy on changing something, why are we wasting it on ourselves? Sure, we're oppressed, marginalized, and sometimes even physically assaulted for our sexuality - but would that happen in a world where psychopaths weren't using any/every social difference to divide us?

Los said:
Puck said:
In that sense, fighting for one while ignoring the other does seem silly, imho.

I'd agree if that were the case, but I don't think it's accurate to say Political Ponerology is being ignored if it's not known. Working to make it known to the LGBTQQ movement was the purpose of your blog, correct?

In many circles it is completely unknown, as is an accurate understanding of the profile of psychopaths. Indeed that was the purpose of the piece. I feel that doing some targetted pieces, much the way that advertisers target their audiences, is a good way to get small groups interested. If you take ponerology and wrap it with the garb of a particular group it make many members of that group more interested. Besides, I've written a plethora of pieces on ponerology and politics, or ponerology in general, so it only seemed fitting to start trying something new.

Los said:
Puck said:
You even acknowledge above that without an understanding of ponerology the movement will become infected, twisted, and serve only a privileged class.

Does that contradict what I've written?

In a sense yes, without an accurate understand of ponerology no group mind is safe, ergo venturing for gay rights may have some small successes, but without the protective knowledge of ponerology the movement itself is vulnerable for neutralization.

Los said:
Puck said:
therefor gays should focus their energies on fighting the demons that are taking away our most basic rights and stop pretending that freedom to marry is so darned important/necessary.

I may be completely off, and apologies if I am, but might the recent difficulty in your relationship that you expressed in another thread have some influence on your thoughts above? Your ability to love and marry is a most basic right. Might there be some form of denying a wish for this to yourself?

Hmm, I hadn't considered the possibility. I simply consider psychopaths in positions of power and their removal from said positions more important to life here on BBM then my ability to officially marry another guy. One outweighs the other, imho.

I don't have anything new to say to this, but it's something that it's been on my mind for a long time and I never had the chance to put it properly in writing. I agree with you, Los and Puck, and the others who wrote here that the issue should be much more relevant, and it should go straight into the heart of the devil. Throughout the last thousands of years people fought for their own good. It's like how in the past the city-states fought constantly with the surrounding city-states for trifling matters. Now the worse is worse than before, and people have the attitude such as "all I care is for me and my family to live well". That is an even more divide than how it was in the past. At least people back then cared about their city, but now, they care about the small patch of land they live in. This divide, as it was mentioned already, brings blindness and lets the evil spread unchecked.

In the world today few people care about anything, as people aren't even concerned about something such as gay rights anymore. They will shrug their shoulders, eat their supper after work, watch mainstream TV, do meaningless things on the Internet and then go to sleep. And among the last few people that care, they have hot debates about issues such as gays, or who to vote for who next elections. But nothing matters, not as long as psychopaths are in control. The gay issue must be forgotten completely, suddenly, and all the forces must go against the elite ruling our planet, and to the awakening of the consciousness of the population. If that would happen then the gay rights issue would be obsolete as well as any other similar issue. These issues exist because of how closed minded people are, because they are unable to see the reality as it is.

You can also see similar things in such events as the "balloon-kid", or the Kanye-West/Taylor Swift Music Awards Controversy, or some girl that disappeared, or a dramatic police chase. Too much energy is spent for trivial and irrelevant issues. And it is getting worse, and people are conditioned to "feel" and get involved in such matters, and they don't realize how blinded they have become, how their view of the world is so distorted. They go out in their daily lives thinking (or not thinking) of anything except how they will buy that new flat screen TV, or what some celebrity did. It is so sad to see people having a very serious and involved conversation about the babies of some celebrity. The gay movement is at a higher level than talking about a celebrity, but not high enough to bring any positive change in the world.

The gays and lesbians are people themselves that are subjected to the same forces of manipulation. They fight for their rights because they are in those shoes, in the shoes of not having their human rights respected, and they see it because they themselves are gay. If they would have been born straight most likely they would have never developed an interest in the gay issues. I realize that I generalize but what I mean is that the gays themselves must be aware that they fall into the trap of caring only about their "community". However like I said, they are humans and they don't realize this. If the gay rights would be resolved, then they would be happy and fall into the same complete state of ignorance almost all the humans in the planet fall into.

Los said:
Puck said:

puck said:
Hmm, I hadn't considered the possibility. I simply consider psychopaths in positions of power and their removal from said positions more important to life here on BBM then my ability to officially marry another guy. One outweighs the other, imho.

I agree that ponerology should be a focus within many "human rights" groups generally speaking. But I think, fighting for a basic right, such as gay rights; however trivial it may seem to some, to others is a battle that must be fought for the sake of their souls. It is in a sense, what I think C’s meant by “the battle is fought through you”. At a very deep level, for gays the battle is fought through them on this issue. And it is something that must not be taken lightly and seen as a step towards fighting psychopathic rule imo.

AngEviL said:
The gay issue must be forgotten completely, suddenly, and all the forces must go against the elite ruling our planet, and to the awakening of the consciousness of the population. If that would happen then the gay rights issue would be obsolete as well as any other similar issue. These issues exist because of how closed minded people are, because they are unable to see the reality as it is.
While it is true that these issues exist due to ponerology/psychopathy in our world, it would be foolish to turn away from their existence and “forget the issue completely” that is turning a blind’s eye sort to speak. This is the state our world is in, and if we don’t fight to change it, who will?

AngEviL said:
You can also see similar things in such events as the "balloon-kid", or the Kanye-West/Taylor Swift Music Awards Controversy, or some girl that disappeared, or a dramatic police chase. Too much energy is spent for trivial and irrelevant issues.

Fwiw, I think the gay rights issue is completely different to that of “balloon kid” or some sort of popularity stunt. It is a right, a basic human right that should be achieved at this point in time in human history, and it is anything but trivial.

AngEviL said:
They fight for their rights because they are in those shoes, in the shoes of not having their human rights respected, and they see it because they themselves are gay. If they would have been born straight most likely they would have never developed an interest in the gay issues.

You are once again, projecting and assuming a lot by stating the statement above. Being gay or straight has nothing to do with feeling empathy for someone who is being mistreated and does not have equal rights to that of another. I am not gay and I have always thought gays should have the same rights as straight people because I believe in HUMAN rights.

AngEviL said:
I realize that I generalize but what I mean is that the gays themselves must be aware that they fall into the trap of caring only about their "community". However like I said, they are humans and they don't realize this. If the gay rights would be resolved, then they would be happy and fall into the same complete state of ignorance almost all the humans in the planet fall into.

This is another bold statement. You don’t know what they would do if the gay rights was resolved. For one thing, it may help them expand their mind and let them use the energy they are using to fight for “Gay rights” for “human rights” in general. You don’t know what anyone can learn from waging in a struggle against lies/pathocracy. It is a step by step process and for some, it may be a large step in their soul evolution, who are you to take that away from them?

The struggle for gay rights is important in that giving gays equal rights can accomplish two things:

1. It can make it easier for those who suffer from hate crimes to gain redress, and,

most importantly

2. Open a seroius dialogue about why gays are hated so much. From my observations, it has to do with pathocratic indiffence toward women by men. If this is researched properly, it can put a large crack in the facade of pathocrats, which seem to be almost 100% heterosexual males.

I think this may be why some groups fight so hard against this.

Lakewolf said:
2. Open a seroius dialogue about why gays are hated so much. From my observations, it has to do with pathocratic indiffence toward women by men. If this is researched properly, it can put a large crack in the facade of pathocrats, which seem to be almost 100% heterosexual males.

I think this may be why some groups fight so hard against this.

Hi Lakewolf,

I have a hard time understanding what you mean in this sentence. What exactly do you mean by "pathocratic indifference toward women by men"? To me it seems that the pathocracy is anything but indifferent when it comes to gender. In most cases heterosexual men are favored heavily in society. Maybe this is what you meant to say and I'm misunderstanding your wording?

I don't know what it is like in other countries, but in the US, it seems that the pathocracy uses some monotheistic religions as a means to propagate hatred towards gays. Of the people I've met who hold some degree of animosity towards gays, they tend to be part of some religious group who thinks similarly. This is not always the case, but tends to be in my experience. And this religious programming runs DEEP in a lot of these people. These views are not easily changed or overturned either.

I think that addressing the pathocratic influence on monotheistic religions (or maybe just the nature of monotheistic religions in general) would probably make a huge dent in the gay issue and a lot of other human rights issues as well.

Hey Puck, I just had a thought, what about using the fight for gay rights as a platform for bringing to light the influence of psychopaths that created this inequality to begin with? In other words, instead of calling it silly, which may push some buttons and trigger defensive programs, why not just go with it and simultaneously include psychopathy as the real reason such rights do not exist to begin with? I think it would be a lot more difficult to convince people that their cause is silly than to acknowledge that their cause is very important and include the real reasons why, something that can be emphasized *while* fighting for gay rights.

I agree with Buddy that having rights for separate groups seems to be creating the illusion that the designated "groups" are somehow different from one another, which only serves to hide the psychopaths who are the real "different group" that truly does warrant special consideration from the rest of humanity as a result. However, being smart as a serpent and gentle as a dove also means impeccability, using the system to help you when possible (which is something the Fellowship is doing). It is easier to redirect a river rather than to stop it in its tracks and create a different river instead. If you redirect enough rivers you can create a new ocean. Just as cointelpro will subtly steer a movement away from real issues instead of just trying to stop the movement entirely (which is difficult when people's hearts and souls are involved), we can use the momentum of an existing movement to introduce the real issues into this momentum, especially when that movement IS fighting against a real consequence of pathocracy, they just don't realize it yet. So we're not diverting the aims or goals of the group, we're just giving them the greater context and the real reason they are fighting, even if they haven't put their finger on it yet themselves. So its like putting all the separate rivers together, making a giant collinear river that has the same understanding and purpose. All the different "rights" groups can continue what they do with consideration to the greater picture and so they will naturally expand their activities as needed to address it, the river "redirects itself" so to speak.

I don't think everyone fighting for the rights of a specific group is simply identified with the group, I think many people realize that there is no good reason for this group to be deprived of basic human rights, because this "group" is just a skin-deep artificial designation, it is not different from the rest of humanity and deserves no less. Those people involved in the movement are ALREADY different from the masses who do nothing at all in light of so much inequality and so many atrocities, even if their fight is ultimately not addressing the larger issue and may even fall on deaf ears. At least they have enough motivation/heart to try doing something, and getting someone to do something outside of their daily routine of work/mindless entertainment seems like an amazing achievement in and of itself.

So it seems it would be easier to introduce the deeper/expanded knowledge to those who are already motivated to attempt to do something, rather than introduce it for those who have neither knowledge nor motivation to do anything. But in the end I don't think that fighting for gay rights in any way opposes the fight to expose psychopaths, it is just not adequate in and of itself. Calling it silly or telling people to stop doing it and *instead* do the other thing you propose would create unnecessary confrontation and misunderstanding, creating the impression that your proposals are in conflict with what they are already doing, which I don't think they are. Fighting for gay rights is important, just like fighting for women's rights and the rights of minorities. But those who do the fighting should be given more data to be able to put into words what their soul feels but was unable to express until now. The fight for the rights should continue but now with a new and expanded purpose, osit.

SAO said:
The fight for the rights should continue but now with a new and expanded purpose, osit.

Thank you SAO for this clear and precise post. You said what I wanted to say in a much better way and I just wanted to thank you for posting this response. :-[

Wow SAO. You just blew my mind.

I hadn't even considered the possibility, working with the existing framework. Perhaps I could re-write that piece with the idea in mind as a sort of guide... Hmm just briefly looking at the article it's hard for me to think of where to begin. If anyone wants to take a stab at it, feel free.

My thought process prior to writing the article was something like this - "wow there's a lot of hubub about gay rights, its also a media frenzy, with a lot of emotional buttons being pushed. The psychopaths in power seem to be using it as a distraction and a divider... how can i point that out?"

Back
Top Bottom