What globe? Flat Earth and Flat-Earthers

I don't know why, I might have been a bit intrigued but I engaged with a flat-earth proponent on Facebook. I asked him / her (i suspect an agent) how people that don't believe the earth is flat are more controllable than those who do. He said it's because they feel not as important when there's billions of planets in the universe. So I asked why this makes a difference when many people feel important and know for sure there's billions of people in the world. The "reason" he gave was the shape of the earth deception is the lie that underpins all the other lies and that I'm siding with the globe theory just as "they" programmed me to do. I asked how he feels he can be convincing when he avoids answering simple questions directly. He replied again with a horizon photo and a straight red line on it with a statement that "no curve exists" etc as "proof" and another paragraph that was also irrelevant. His reply took about 10 seconds suggesting a copy and paste from a script. I invited him to do a thought experiment and draw a circle in his mind and imagine zooming into the edge of the circle over and over again. I asked if that edge at some point looked flat and if so does it mean the circle is not a circle anymore. He then removed me from this Facebook group. It's was very odd.

Peam said:
Watching this, it took me a while to realise he was actually poking fun at the flat earthers. What gave the game away for me was when he produced the red towel on a stick. :D
The video is pretty funny! If everyone just laughs at them maybe they will go away.

I’ve unfriended a few people on facebook that were spamming this flat earth nonsense. It definitely looks like a psy-op. Are they making a gullible/not gullible list? :P People who can think critically / everyone else? Which logical fallacies and argument techniques work best? I don’t know.

Right now, my Son is on a flat Earth kick. But he sees it as some sort of a test as to whether or not a person is ready to accept the future.
My thought about this, besides being Cointelpro, is as the transition to 4D starts to take shape and hold people would perceive reality in a total different way. As the C's describe (paraphrasing from memory) there would be no right or left or something along those lines. Maybe this could be construed as seeing reality in some way as flat or the flat earth disinfo program is meant to be used to discredit people when they start reporting 4D reality (as it shifts in and out?). Perhaps the Cointel program has a duel purpose. The first is, as mkrnhr explains, a way to discredit various things. A second might be in some way related to how people will perceive reality in a 4D shift. Like some kind of groundwork is being laid now to discredit people who will be seeing reality in a totally new way - perhaps in short stints before full transition.

This quote from Bear got me thinking about this.

The Earth is definitely round in this 3D existence. I was out along Georgia Straight today, looking at the curvature of the Earth using 10x50 power binoculars. You can see the curvature as the further you look, it looks like the landscape is definitely dropping off the further you look. There is also a point where the water drops out of sight but the mountains in the background are clearly visible, though much farther back. It looks like the water has a hump or is rounded. From Williams Beach I could see about half of the taller buildings of the Vancouver skyline, off in the distance, 30 to 40 miles away. Water meeting land was not visible.

But, what would it look like from a 4D perspective? Would it in fact be related in any way to our 3D existence?

Possibly, in a certain way he is right. He tells me that I am brainwashed and possibly I am from a 3D perspective. He encourages me to expand my thinking, so I am!

WIN 52 said:
Right now, my Son is on a flat Earth kick. But he sees it as some sort of a test as to whether or not a person is ready to accept the future.
My thought about this, besides being Cointelpro, is as the transition to 4D starts to take shape and hold people would perceive reality in a total different way. As the C's describe (paraphrasing from memory) there would be no right or left or something along those lines. Maybe this could be construed as seeing reality in some way as flat or the flat earth disinfo program is meant to be used to discredit people when they start reporting 4D reality (as it shifts in and out?). Perhaps the Cointel program has a duel purpose. The first is, as mkrnhr explains, a way to discredit various things. A second might be in some way related to how people will perceive reality in a 4D shift. Like some kind of groundwork is being laid now to discredit people who will be seeing reality in a totally new way - perhaps in short stints before full transition.

This quote from Bear got me thinking about this.

The Earth is definitely round in this 3D existence. I was out along Georgia Straight today, looking at the curvature of the Earth using 10x50 power binoculars. You can see the curvature as the further you look, it looks like the landscape is definitely dropping off the further you look. There is also a point where the water drops out of sight but the mountains in the background are clearly visible, though much farther back. It looks like the water has a hump or is rounded. From Williams Beach I could see about half of the taller buildings of the Vancouver skyline, off in the distance, 30 to 40 miles away. Water meeting land was not visible.

But, what would it look like from a 4D perspective? Would it in fact be related in any way to our 3D existence?

Possibly, in a certain way he is right. He tells me that I am brainwashed and possibly I am from a 3D perspective. He encourages me to expand my thinking, so I am!

Is your son's behavior possibly an expression of that teen rebellion phase many of us go through?

WIN 52 said:
He is turning 33 in May and has 2 girls and a boy.

I think the Cs were likely on the money when they suggested that those who really buy into the flat earth business are Organic Portals - souls that have just recently graduated from 2D; due to the 2D perception of that reality, they are unable yet to conceptualize 3D or abstractions such as imagining the globe as round, because it is so large and appears flat locally. They have problems with issues of scale and estimation of distance and time.

Laura said:
WIN 52 said:
He is turning 33 in May and has 2 girls and a boy.

I think the Cs were likely on the money when they suggested that those who really buy into the flat earth business are Organic Portals - souls that have just recently graduated from 2D; due to the 2D perception of that reality, they are unable yet to conceptualize 3D or abstractions such as imagining the globe as round, because it is so large and appears flat locally. They have problems with issues of scale and estimation of distance and time.

I guess that I will have to wait and see about that!

In geometry classes, teachers experience that some kids have difficulties working with 3D, even though they may be even very good in numbers and algebra.

I tried to find some reasons and this optician /blogger provides some prerequisites for having a proper 3D perception:
_http://www.artisanoptics.com/artisan/the_eye_wire___artisan_optics_blog/e_935/Binocular_Vision___Vision_Therapy/2016/7/3D_Vision_Difficulties.htm said:
In order to have proper depth-perception and perceive 3D an individual must have:
Accommodation – lenses in the eyes must change shape and maintain clear focus as objects move
Aerial perspective – the ability to perceive contrast differences between nearby objects versus distant objects
Parallax – perceive differences as the head moves from side to side, closer objects appear to move more than distant objects
Size familiarity – the ability to tell how far away an object is based on how large or how small it looks
Stereoscopic (binocular) vision – the two eyes provide slightly separate images to produce the perception of depth and 3 dimensional structure

Problems viewing 3D has to do with binocular vision, the ability to align both eyes on a target and combine the visual images from the two eyes into one single, three-dimensional perception. 3D is our ability to judge distances; to be aware of our position in space.
[...]
Binocular vision problems, such as lack of depth-perception, is the inability to effectively perceive visual space. The symptoms below are a few of the ways binocular vision problems can be observed:
Being clumsy or bumping into objects
Difficulty throwing or catching a ball
Difficulty with balance
Difficulty with coordination
Difficulty judging distance when driving
It is important to note that individuals do not “outgrow” binocular vision problems.

A comprehensive eye examination and Binocular Vision Assessment is recommended for anyone who has 3D vision problems, and is the only way to accurately determine the cause. All children should receive eye care from an eye doctor specifically trained in pediatric vision care; such as a residency-trained pediatric optometrist. This is especially true for individuals experiencing 3D vision difficulties.
[...]
While the above may be a help for teachers to understand while they sometimes fail in spite of sincere efforts, or for parents to understand while their child has problems in sports or geometry, could it also explain (or excuse) some of the flat Earth believers?

thorbiorn said:
In geometry classes, teachers experience that some kids have difficulties working with 3D, even though they may be even very good in numbers and algebra.

I tried to find some reasons and this optician /blogger provides some prerequisites for having a proper 3D perception:
_http://www.artisanoptics.com/artisan/the_eye_wire___artisan_optics_blog/e_935/Binocular_Vision___Vision_Therapy/2016/7/3D_Vision_Difficulties.htm said:
In order to have proper depth-perception and perceive 3D an individual must have:
Accommodation – lenses in the eyes must change shape and maintain clear focus as objects move
Aerial perspective – the ability to perceive contrast differences between nearby objects versus distant objects
Parallax – perceive differences as the head moves from side to side, closer objects appear to move more than distant objects
Size familiarity – the ability to tell how far away an object is based on how large or how small it looks
Stereoscopic (binocular) vision – the two eyes provide slightly separate images to produce the perception of depth and 3 dimensional structure

Problems viewing 3D has to do with binocular vision, the ability to align both eyes on a target and combine the visual images from the two eyes into one single, three-dimensional perception. 3D is our ability to judge distances; to be aware of our position in space.
[...]
Binocular vision problems, such as lack of depth-perception, is the inability to effectively perceive visual space. The symptoms below are a few of the ways binocular vision problems can be observed:
Being clumsy or bumping into objects
Difficulty throwing or catching a ball
Difficulty with balance
Difficulty with coordination
Difficulty judging distance when driving
It is important to note that individuals do not “outgrow” binocular vision problems.

A comprehensive eye examination and Binocular Vision Assessment is recommended for anyone who has 3D vision problems, and is the only way to accurately determine the cause. All children should receive eye care from an eye doctor specifically trained in pediatric vision care; such as a residency-trained pediatric optometrist. This is especially true for individuals experiencing 3D vision difficulties.
[...]
While the above may be a help for teachers to understand while they sometimes fail in spite of sincere efforts, or for parents to understand while their child has problems in sports or geometry, could it also explain (or excuse) some of the flat Earth believers?

It could, possibly. But this is not his problem as he excels in sports. As a junior ski racer he was one of the best in Canada, until he hurt his knee at 13 years old. It wasn't bad but enough for us to not have him race anymore.

He did DMT in high school once, so he claims, and this has had long term effects on his thinking according to him. He says that it was like being in another world. One where you could zoom right in on things and also that he could smell and taste colors. I am not sure about all that he experienced when he talked about it because I was a bit disgusted with his actions.

It is more like he doesn't trust anything that authority figures tell him to believe.

He also had some out of body experience/s when he nearly died in a motorcycle crash where he hit the side of a van at 120 km pr hr. No one was sure how he lived through that. The van was written off. The van pulled out from a stop sign.

I don't know but he is quite sure that we don't belong to be stuck in this place with all of the control mechanisms we have to endure. He thinks that we should have a choice of where and what we do. Right now we are stuck here and are treated like slaves.

WIN 52 said:
I don't know but he is quite sure that we don't belong to be stuck in this place with all of the control mechanisms we have to endure. He thinks that we should have a choice of where and what we do. Right now we are stuck here and are treated like slaves.

He's right about that. The problem is, then a person is ripe for plucking by COINTELPRO type operations. If one of the prerequisites for getting out of this density is aligning with the Universe and seeing things as it sees them - as close as one can get - then those who believe a big lie put out by any of the trappers set to catch those who seek to escape can hold you back. Only a network can escape because only a network has the possibility of avoiding such traps by employing "multi-user capability" to activate 4D vision.

Laura said:

Could it also have to do with an underdeveloped brain or "an immature neurobiological development?"

I stumbled upon the following quote from "Handbook of Forensic Sociology and Psychology (edited by Stephen J. Morewitz, Mark L. Goldstein)":

youth_1.jpg

youth_2.jpg

And "an immature neurobiological development" as described above can also be related to the genetic substratum: not that it is immature, but that it can never be more than it is. And another thing that seems to be related is black and white thinking. We notice that we all have done, or do this, under stress. That's usually because we run emotional programs based on things we learned while growing up (survival mechanisms). We have noticed over the years that SOME people can "grow themselves out" of this by the simple expedient of "doing The Work". But we have also had the baffling experience of observing those who just can NOT pass this barrier to growth.

Black and white thinking can be related to coming to a point of view where one doesn't trust anyone in authority and then buys into any old conspiracy theory (or all of them, or some of them) without proper discrimination or rational thought; also without doing the necessary work to research something. After examining the "flat earth" people and their arguments, it seems pretty obvious that they appeal to emotional thinking, to this immature black and white thinking, and if you show them the rational arguments, they just can't go there. I think many of us here have had that experience, observing a person in an emotional meltdown who thinks they are actually being rational. Well, heck, we see a whole lot of it in the mainstream media nowadays too. Facts mean nothing to a lot of people nowadays because they've been lied to so long, and have been given "false facts" in the past, that now they don't trust anything and, at the same time, haven't got the skills to do their own REAL research, much less access to the necessary materials.

It's a helluva situation our civilization is in at present.

Laura said:
And "an immature neurobiological development" as described above can also be related to the genetic substratum: not that it is immature, but that it can never be more than it is. And another thing that seems to be related is black and white thinking. We notice that we all have done, or do this, under stress. That's usually because we run emotional programs based on things we learned while growing up (survival mechanisms). We have noticed over the years that SOME people can "grow themselves out" of this by the simple expedient of "doing The Work". But we have also had the baffling experience of observing those who just can NOT pass this barrier to growth.

Black and white thinking can be related to coming to a point of view where one doesn't trust anyone in authority and then buys into any old conspiracy theory (or all of them, or some of them) without proper discrimination or rational thought; also without doing the necessary work to research something. After examining the "flat earth" people and their arguments, it seems pretty obvious that they appeal to emotional thinking, to this immature black and white thinking, and if you show them the rational arguments, they just can't go there. I think many of us here have had that experience, observing a person in an emotional meltdown who thinks they are actually being rational. Well, heck, we see a whole lot of it in the mainstream media nowadays too. Facts mean nothing to a lot of people nowadays because they've been lied to so long, and have been given "false facts" in the past, that now they don't trust anything and, at the same time, haven't got the skills to do their own REAL research, much less access to the necessary materials.

It's a helluva situation our civilization is in at present.

Yes, I just don't think that he has researched it enough yet. I mean physically done any research. I will have to take him down to Williams Beach and have him look through the binoculars. I know that he hasn't bought it hook line and sinker yet. He is on the fence but leaning towards the flat Earth side.

We are in quite a pickle!

Back
Top Bottom