What globe? Flat Earth and Flat-Earthers

Re: Is the Earth an enclosed technologically created world, and NOT a globe?

Niall said:
Regarding 'questioning everything', it's good to arrive at the point where your previous worldview breaks down and you face fundamental assumptions about what you know, or thought you knew. But it's also crucial to do this and then move on from it by reintegrating into the world as it is. You do this by accepting that even if you can never know for certain how or why something is the way it is, IT JUST IS, so work within the confines you find yourself in. If you get stuck in obsessing over whether or not the sky is really blue, you wind up closing your mind, not opening it up, and missing the rich (and important, assuming you're interested in progress) life lessons this 3D world offers you.

Indeed! I went fully through that process at least once, many years ago, when I was studying philosophy at university. I took everything I read very seriously. So when I came across Descartes' methodic doubt, and his arguments about how we can doubt of everything, including the existence of the material world (because we can always be dreaming, or we can be deceived by an evil spirit), then I had to agree from a logical point of view. On the other hand, I did not agree with his arguments to prove that the world does exist, after what he had said before. As a result, because at that point I knew that nothing was certain, I felt like I was floating in space with no sense, purpose nor direction. I couldn't live like that, of course, so after a few days I took the decision of placing a bet on believing that the world and everyone in it was real, because that was the most likely truth, even if I could never be 100% sure of it. But we don't have to! Strictly speaking, we can only be 100% sure in purely abstract fields, such as mathematics or logic, so we need to settle with 99% or less for everything else. And that is absolutely fine - even necessary. In fact, I find that there is beauty in allowing for a possibility, however small, that what we think we know is wrong, because that opens up the mind to new points of view. But that doesn't mean we should plunge into the void of cognitive nothingness, or that we should accept any extravagant theory without thinking critically about it.

Has anyone seen this site and the videos? _http://enclosedworld.com/

Mod note: Link deactivated. Please deactivate links to known or possible sources of disinformation

In this video which appeals to me, and a question I asked myself a month ago near a lake in the east of France (Lac du Der "The whoop" or revival of humanity). I could not understand why the reflection of the moon followed me as I walked. I imagined hundreds of people around the lake, and each sees the reflction of the moonlight. This means that at the same time the radius of the moon is in several areas! So why do not I see all around the lake lit, and I can see just my radius? As Einstein said, the observer creates his world and reality, but not the truth?I'm not saying that the video responds to the 52nd minute, but this is a disturbing synchronicity. I do not adhere to the flat earth theory, but it seems that some issues should provide us with orders dimensional answers. Animals and beings second dimension they not see the flat world? These many flat earth videos are not made by amateurs. It begs the question why do they spend time and money to produce these videos? Either there is any truth or whether they are made by 4D STS. Whether one or the other, I do not think you waste time demystify or understand. The démystication used to fight against powerful forces, and this is not a luxury that oppose it, and understand it's open to more knowledge.

_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txmLa49Blaw

Mod note: Link deactivated. Please deactivate links to known or possible sources of disinformation

The problem I see with all of this - and it is a serious problem - is that the "proofs" that the flat earthers produce are things that DO have explanations, but the flat earthers claim that those explanations are false and it is THAT which cannot be disproved. For them, everything is a government/PTB conspiracy to dupe all of mankind.

For example: if I know someone personally who has been up in a space shuttle or to the moon, and that person tells me convincingly that they have done so, the flat earthers declare that they HAVE to say that because they are being blackmailed or have signed a security agreement and cannot tell the truth. As it happens, I do have two cousins who worked for NASA for years during the most active period and have been involved in social occasions with other NASA people during which the latest mission was the main topic of conversation. It would be preposterous for me to think that all of that discussion and banter and descriptions etc was just a game. But the flat earthers will say that even the workers don't know the truth, that their engineering work, mathematics, etc, all filters through a conspiratorial sieve that is totally controlled by an evil consortium at the top.

How can you argue against something that is not falsifiable?

Now, let ME get conspiratorial: it seems to me that this issue, coming as it does at this point in time, with the world heading the way it is heading, and with the issues of confusion and obfuscation surrounding it, is intended that way. And what it is all about is BELIEF and AUTHORITY. If an individual or group presents itself as authoritative with their claims that cannot be falsified, people are confronted with a CHOICE: to accept or refuse. It is sort of a bidding process in esoteric terms. They are bidding for your soul. And as we have pointed out on numerous occasions, when a person chooses a lie, it enters into their brain like a small canker worm and the process of self-destruction is initiated.

Kisito said:
In this video which appeals to me, and a question I asked myself a month ago near a lake in the east of France (Lac du Der "The whoop" or revival of humanity). I could not understand why the reflection of the moon followed me as I walked. I imagined hundreds of people around the lake, and each sees the reflction of the moonlight. This means that at the same time the radius of the moon is in several areas! So why do not I see all around the lake lit, and I can see just my radius?

That's actually not the problem or the solution. The problem is that you apparently have a poor sense of spatial relationships and little knowledge of the properties of light, reflection, refraction, etc. A bit of scientific training in these things would help enormously.

WHOA! So this has got some people spitting chips!!lol.... Why can't we just discuss this without,,, "you believe this they believe that"??? Just analyse the points one by one and not get so flustered....hey..
There's the "operation high jump" thrown in there as well. That was a very interesting point for me. As I read about this in the NEXUS magazine over 10 years ago and It fascinated me back then.
There's ample evidence that the earth is potato shaped. Unless we live in a dome like an ant farm, technologically created to give the appearance of night/day/space etc....... just fattening us up for the harvest!
There are so many questions about the moon landings that feeds this stuff, you can see why people are sceptical about stuff they know is very feasible, from there everyday experiences.

Scottie said:
{snipped 916 words that make hella lotta sense}

I know the feeling "can't seem to rest till you figure it out." For me, "flat Earth" and "concave Earth" theory centers around two (mostly one) experiment(s) with inextricable phenomena that don't even point to the conclusion insisted upon and then a whole web of confusion is weaved around it to draw attention away from the absurdity. Like a fly caught in a spider web, it appears that few who get caught up in it realize what's happening, let alone find a way out.

Thank the concave gods for engineers and the double-back-watching-what-I'm-doing mentality of the engineering mind.

Sometimes I think sanity is to be found only in fields of engineering.

Kisito said:
In this video which appeals to me, and a question I asked myself a month ago near a lake in the east of France (Lac du Der "The whoop" or revival of humanity). I could not understand why the reflection of the moon followed me as I walked. I imagined hundreds of people around the lake, and each sees the reflction of the moonlight. This means that at the same time the radius of the moon is in several areas! So why do not I see all around the lake lit, and I can see just my radius? As Einstein said, the observer creates his world and reality, but not the truth?I'm not saying that the video responds to the 52nd minute, but this is a disturbing synchronicity. I do not adhere to the flat earth theory, but it seems that some issues should provide us with orders dimensional answers. Animals and beings second dimension they not see the flat world? These many flat earth videos are not made by amateurs. It begs the question why do they spend time and money to produce these videos? Either there is any truth or whether they are made by 4D STS. Whether one or the other, I do not think you waste time demystify or understand. The démystication used to fight against powerful forces, and this is not a luxury that oppose it, and understand it's open to more knowledge.

_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txmLa49Blaw

As Laura sad earlier in this thread, its about scale. Rounded surface with very large radius compared to ordinary human size look almost like a straight line. But just in comparison , in reality its still a circle with a huge radius.
I made this simple drawing in AutoCad.I draw the circle with approximate radius of the Earth and a smaller circle with a radius of a Basketball. When you zoom to the level of a basketball, the circle with the radius of the Earth looks almost a straight line. Above is the straight line for a reference. That is why all that reflections and refractions look like that.

Attachments

• scale comparation.jpg
    scale comparation.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 242

You can see in this statement "If the moon landings where faked, than what IS correct in life" That sort of throws people into a spin....

Duke said:
WHOA! So this has got some people spitting chips!!lol.... Why can't we just discuss this without,,, "you believe this they believe that"??? Just analyse the points one by one and not get so flustered....hey..

Well, how about listing the points???

I think what we are witnessing here is the power of ideas and the mind. It is possible to construct an inescapable idea. Take for instance Psychoanalysis. Once you accept the ideas and theories of Psychoanalysis it becomes inescapable because all attempts to falsify them are explained as resistance. The Unconscious being so powerful and so devious.

It is like the episode "I, Borgh", where Data creates a computer virus that is essentially a problem that cannot be solved, the Borg become so obsessed with it, that they destroy themselves. It is a kind of Gordian Knot.

These ideas are the product of a shizoidal mind, like Communism, or Feminism, they are built around ideas that cannot be falsified using the terms and ideas of the system from within. If you are a communist, everything is capitalist oppression. It is this very fact alone which invalidates them. When you realize there is an answer for everything, there is a way to discount everything, that you are trapped in a mental maze created by a schizoid. The only way out is a full rejection of all the ideas of that system of thought.

Any idea that doesn't contain within itself the possibility of invalidation is such a trap. Any system of thought that is incapable of doubting itself is a trap. The world may very well be flat, it may very well be the experiment of some twisted extra-terrestrial psycho scientist. It may well be round.

Most of the things that go unexplained with a flat earth theory are beyond the daily experience of the layman. Attempting to explain the roundness or the flatness of the earth with scientific data to laypeople is pointless, at that level it is purely a matter of belief. How much of your daily life is really affected or effected by your belief for or against a flat earth? I would venture that very few people indeed need to keep in mind the roundness of the earth in order to pick up garbage cans, or fill out forms, or drive their car.

That should make you all the more suspicious. Who really stands to gain from this idea. The people who build satellites for global communication, or engineer airplanes, or plan the airplane routes need to consider that stuff. THey say it's round. Maybe they're lying. I really couldn't give less of a crap than I do now as long as my cellphone works, and my flights on time.

Why would the world being flat really be such a problem? Why bother to maintain the lie? Exactly how would the people with guns and power lose their power based on the shape of the earth? The idea that this is some catastrophic piece of information that would change the world for the better or worse, or that people would rise up in revolution against the elite, for what? The earth was flat all along.

Pahlease. Only a lunatic could take this seriously. Only a lunatic could think it would even remotely matter, to anyone at all.

Think about it for a minute. Describe really the functional workings of a revelation that the world was actually flat all along. How would that change life on this planet. We seem to have functioned pretty fine under the delusion of a round earth. No one cares.

You know how many times a day I think about the world being round? 0. Being flat? 0.

This is an argument for scientists, for whom it matters. If you're a street sweeper, go back to sweeping streets. No one cares what you think about the cosmos. Why don't you focus on the important things in your life. Being a better human being. Being more aware of the situation that actually has a real, possibly deadly, affect on you. Why don't you pay attention to the police who might taser you, the loss of your freedom of speech, the encroaching specter of social authoritarians. The possible economic crash that could put you on the street, and make you starve.

This flat earth crap is a just a distraction. Jesus effing Christ, you're running through the jungle from a Dire Wolf about to eat you alive and you wanna stop to muse about the shape of the earth. Run you fool.

Ant farm- coming harvest
Technological dome--
Operation high jump {why}
Moon landings faked{why} apart from being better that Russia
The bible {some good information but all jumbled up to throw us off}

Laura said:
Now, let ME get conspiratorial: it seems to me that this issue, coming as it does at this point in time, with the world heading the way it is heading, and with the issues of confusion and obfuscation surrounding it, is intended that way. And what it is all about is BELIEF and AUTHORITY. If an individual or group presents itself as authoritative with their claims that cannot be falsified, people are confronted with a CHOICE: to accept or refuse. It is sort of a bidding process in esoteric terms. They are bidding for your soul. And as we have pointed out on numerous occasions, when a person chooses a lie, it enters into their brain like a small canker worm and the process of self-destruction is initiated.

I wonder if this is what the start of the Dark Ages was like? The horror of this situation though is unique in it's scale.
There was an article on sott recently I can't find, that showed that confronting people with facts that contradicted their beliefs actually reinforced there position. Well, that's my idea of hell - to be trapped like that.
And maybe that's the point. The C's mentioned soul smashing some time ago, and I can only imagine what it would be like to be so attached to a lie that when the world falls apart around you, you pour every last ounce of your energy into it hoping it will save you, you literally destroy yourself.
Religion would be the best example, but anyone who is trapped in the hell of not being able to accept alternatives would also follow.

Windmill knight said:
Indeed! I went fully through that process at least once, many years ago, when I was studying philosophy at university. I took everything I read very seriously. So when I came across Descartes' methodic doubt, and his arguments about how we can doubt of everything, including the existence of the material world (because we can always be dreaming, or we can be deceived by an evil spirit), then I had to agree from a logical point of view. On the other hand, I did not agree with his arguments to prove that the world does exist, after what he had said before. As a result, because at that point I knew that nothing was certain, I felt like I was floating in space with no sense, purpose nor direction. I couldn't live like that, of course, so after a few days I took the decision of placing a bet on believing that the world and everyone in it was real, because that was the most likely truth, even if I could never be 100% sure of it. But we don't have to! Strictly speaking, we can only be 100% sure in purely abstract fields, such as mathematics or logic, so we need to settle with 99% or less for everything else. And that is absolutely fine - even necessary. In fact, I find that there is beauty in allowing for a possibility, however small, that what we think we know is wrong, because that opens up the mind to new points of view. But that doesn't mean we should plunge into the void of cognitive nothingness, or that we should accept any extravagant theory without thinking critically about it.

Have an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out ;)

I think education has a lot to do with it, but more so I think it's addictive. Kind of like a roller coaster, it's thrilling to not be grounded and even better that by not committing to anything you don't have to ever get close to life or take responsibility.
Both end up falling into wishful/magical thinking and story telling. Either because it's exciting and addictive or because it's rewarding to follow a particular authority.

Duke said:

We are analyzing it. The level of absurdity the topic brings up is stunning!
Heck, I'm surprised they don't suggest the flat earth is carried on the back of four elephants who stand on the back of a giant space turtle. :rolleyes:

discworld.jpg

Jokes aside, it's the level of delusion that is stunning. If there was ever a reason for the universe to wipe humanity off the face of the planet, this sort of example would be it.

So what is being discussed is the WHY, why is the world to the point where it is full of people who buy into delusions?
What seems to be a constant is that they have lost there ability to reason, they couldn't reason there way out of a car board box.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/delusion
delusion

noun
1. an act or instance of deluding.
2. the state of being deluded.
3. a false belief or opinion: delusions of grandeur.
4. Psychiatry. a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact: a paranoid delusion.

So right now the topic of study is the mass psychology of a planets population who appear to have lost touch with reality, and the horror of seeing it.

Atreides said:
Why would the world being flat really be such a problem? Why bother to maintain the lie? Exactly how would the people with guns and power lose their power based on the shape of the earth? The idea that this is some catastrophic piece of information that would change the world for the better or worse, or that people would rise up in revolution against the elite, for what? The earth was flat all along.

Exactly. Assuming that the Earth was flat, why such a secret, when there are others, and way more profitable ones?

After following this thread, I still don't see anyone making precise points as to WHAT exactly is supposed to prove that the Earth is flat. So, I watched this video (half of it, really, since I don't have time to go into this so deeply and it feels pointless)

_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f_4bIpn4kI
FLAT EARTH FACTS not THEORIES or CONSPIRACIES ... ENGLISH ONLY.

You can skip to the images with text, and see for yourself. Basically, I saw 0 facts, only suppositions. One could claim that the "round earthers" also make suppositions, and therefore, one theory is as "true" as the other one. But the question seemed to be SO ridiculous that I'm surprised anybody would take it seriously.

For example, at around minute 24 they say that a "FACT" is that the horizon always looks perfectly horizontal, being proof of a flat Earth. They show images of a man standing in a beach, looking at the horizon, and several of how the horizon is seen from planes (also a straight line). Then, they show images from NASA, and tell you that those are made up, that those round edges don't exist and are created artistically to create an illusion of roundness. But anyone with a brain can see that the distances are really not the same, looking from a satellite and from a plane! One is waaaayyy more far away than the other. Am I missing something, or is it really THAT stupid a comparison?

They also use images like this one which was posted earlier in this thread:
index.php

Once again, there seems to be no regard for distances and real angles. WTH? Of course that you would see things differently if those images were proportional, but they are not.

And then they went on talking about how planets could be holograms, and how the Earth "dome" is either surrounded by water or a vaccum, they don't know.

I know I haven't looked into this in detail, but really, it feels like a total waste of time. If you're going to prove something by talking about holograms and not respecting at the very least the scientific rule of not messing up with your variables, I'm out of here! :ohboy:

"Why would the world being flat really be such a problem? Why bother to maintain the lie? Exactly how would the people with guns and power lose their power based on the shape of the earth? The idea that this is some catastrophic piece of information that would change the world for the better or worse, or that people would rise up in revolution against the elite, for what? The earth was flat all along."

That was one of the point of the vid. If you { as a human} would walk across the ice and find a wall/dome, you think, wow a wall! then you think, what's this here for? and who built it? why? and then when the populous finds out, we have common prepose....

Back
Top Bottom