What are you listening to?

This came up on FB today -
On this day in 1975, Pink Floyd released their album Wish You Were Here in the UK. The album, through the music and the album artwork, explores themes of absence, the music business, and former band-mate Syd Barrett.
Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" Live.

So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?

Did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
Did you exchange
A walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here.

I want to make the biggest mistake in the world and sail from Miami to Havana in a kayak. I want to have a cup of coffee looking at the Mediterranean and wake up in Tulum chasing a star. I want to tell Jesus that if he's

there, he should show up and that they cut off my light to light a candle and dream. I want to give a flower to the love of my wound. I want to start again and change my name. I want to stone the hallway of lost causes and see daddy come out convincing my mother. I want to hear you say what your eyes scream. I want to lose the courage I gained by being afraid. And I want to run around while I climb a kite And lift up the skirt of the fat girl in the neighborhood. I want to live without a script or the same recipe. I want to invent another letter to the alphabet. I want to forget about you. I want to know that it's for me. That I want and I can't want as long as I keep on wanting. It's useless to believe that wanting is to be able to forget you. I want to find another love and lose it right away, To forget you for the rest of my life. I want to whistle "Let it be" in the moonlight. I want to wash in the sea what is not future. And I want to run around while climbing a kite and lift the skirt of the fat girl in the neighborhood. I want to live without a script or the same recipe. I want to invent another letter to the alphabet. I want to forget about you. I want to know it's for me. I want to play alchemy and search in Tibet for some answer. I want to escape from me, to be neither from here nor from anywhere. To lose myself in anthropology, to dedicate my life to philanthropy in order to forget you, in order to erase you. And I want to run around while climbing a kite. And lift up the skirt of the fat lady in the neighborhood. I want to stand up in Iraq and send a greeting To the mother of the world's biggest idiot. I want to forget about you I want to know it's for me. I want to give a flower to the love of my wound.

Just heard this.. New World by Prince, 1996

New world [x4]
When the sharpest vibration
Saves U from obliteration
The intelligence of your bed reacts
Covering U head 2 toe with an air-filled sack

When the lines blur every boy and girl
How we gonna make it in this brave new world?
Love 4 one another - New world

When U wanna find some isolation
But the tracker U got from vaccination (Keeps playin')
Keeps playin' - "U'll never walk alone" (Over and over)
They're always listening, especially on the phone

How we gonna make it in this brave new world?

Wait a minute
New world

Did U hear about the new pill? It feels like sex!
Guaranteed 2 thrill with no ill side-effects
A pill that will stop the wrinkles, a pill that will stop the pain
A pill that will make a baby never seek political gain
What's it all 4 when U can alter biology?
Who or what, then my friend, will U and I be? [x2]

When the sharpest vibration
Saves U from obliteration
When the melting pot stirs, how U gonna take it?
When U can't tell him from her, how U gonna fake it?

How U gonna make it in this brave new world?
Love 4 one another (How U gonna take it?)
(How U gonna fake it?)
Love 4 one another (How U gonna take it?)
(New world) New world

New world

Back
Top Bottom