What are you listening to?

Yakut song. Song of the Far North​

I love this song because it is obviously telling a story - possibly a folk tale of an old man who becomes young again.

The present day Yakuts are said to be descendants of a Late Neolithic culture in Siberia, dating to c. 2200–1300 BC. Its origins seem to be in the Lena river basin of Yakutia, and also along the Yenisei river. All the three Bronze Age cultures of Yakutia evidently originated from the Late Neolithic Ymyiakhtakh culture.

"Mesolithic Western Hunter-Gatherers (WHG) contributed significantly to the present-day European genome, alongside Ancient North Eurasians (ANE) which descended from the Siberian Mal'ta–Buret' culture and CHG." - The Ymyakhtakh culture (c. from the 'Prehistory of Siberia')

“What’s up” by 4 non Blondes always improve my mood and encourage ! For the first time I heard it in Sense8 movie by Wachowski and I was so inspired by that moment of the movie of such connection between so different people around the world who care and help each other and of how our realities interconnected and may influence one another...💫
By the way, at my wedding we chose this song as the first wedding dance song🥰

This is an original version by 4 non blondes

And this one is for Sense 8 fans (18+ only))

Twenty-five years
And my life is still
I'm trying to get up
That great big hill of hope
For a destination
I realized quickly
When I knew I should
That the world was made up
For this brotherhood of man
For whatever that means
And so I cry sometimes
When I'm lying in bed
Just to get it all out
What's in my head
And I, I am feeling
A little peculiar
And so I wake in the morning
And I step outside
And I take deep breath
And I get real high
And I scream from the top of my lungs
What's going on?
And I say, hey, yeah, yeah-eah
Hey, yeah, yeah
I said, hey! What's goin' on?
And I sing, hey, yeah, yeah-eah, Hey yeah, yeah ...I said, hey! What's going on?
And I try, oh, my God, do I try
I try all the time
In this institution
And I pray, oh, my God, do I pray
I pray every single day
For a revolution
And so I cry sometimes
When I'm lying in bed
Just to get it all out
What's in my head
And I, I am feeling
A little peculiar
And so I wake in the morning
And I step outside
And I take deep breath
And I get real high
And I scream from the top of my lungs
What's going on?

Thought I'd drop this interesting tidbit here:

Creativity is collapsing - people want old media.

The latest report shows that the consumption of old music grew another 14% during the first half of 2022, while demand for new music declined an additional 1.4%. These old tunes now represent a staggering 72% of the market.

READ:

Karina Vismara - "Montana"

From www.folkradio.co.uk:
The young Argentine singer-songwriter and guitarist Karina Vismara has died (she was in her early 30s). She had been diagnosed with cancer and was admitted to hospital a month ago following kidney failure. One of her most popular tracks is Montana from her 2019 album Selva. UK audiences may well be familiar with the song which featured in the first season of the travel documentary ‘Long Way Up’ with Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman when they visited South and Central America.

If anyone needs help with acknowledging that the Universe is benevolent, the chorus of this song has been on my mind:

Shawn Mullins - Lullaby

When you're driving and hear on the radio the first 4 notes of No One Knows - epic dopamine rush.

This cover of No One Knows - Queens of the Stone Age would be perfect if he
did the guitar solo and the harmonic after "Heaven smiles above me".

The quality of this video is not good, but I think he does the best cover of Bleachers - I Wanna Get Better

In defense of guitar solos, check out this cover of Candlebox- Far Behind

Monique Bingham, Black Coffee – "Deep In The Bottom (of Africa)"
"I used to feel like...
Everywhere, I'm the same...
I didn't know then...
What I know now...
A race is just a game..."

Key-Matic – "Breakin' In Space"
"Now, I am dancing through space and time easily...
Doing the moonwalk, breakdancing electric boogie...
Breakin' in space is the thing in the 80s...
Catch the next ride and join me in the galaxies..."

De La Soul – "A Roller Skating Jam Named Saturdays"
"Back once more with the wallop in the score
Must I ride and rip, should I make you rock your hip
Reviver of a roller-boogie in a rink
And sure to make you think about the times
To scope fun instead of fights
(But diving from a piece of metal sure to take your life)
Yo, slip your butt to the fix of this mix
Toss that briefcase, it's time to let loose
Cause you've worked like heck to get the weekend check
So unfasten that noose around your neck
Connected like a vibe from the wheel to the foot
Come on everybody dig the funky output"

Pachanga Boys – "Time"
From a YouTube commenter:
"Looking through these comments reminds me of why I came to love house/techno/dance music in the first place. You have happy and emotionally moved people from all different countries, commenting in all different languages, all of us brought together by the beauty of this track, and the universal emotions that it conjures up in us all. It's very simple, but very existential, and very beautiful. This is why I love this music. It brings us together. Thank you, Pachanga Boys, for this brilliant, moving work of art. Peace and love to all of you, my brothers and sisters. So glad this kind of music exists to remind us, despite our differences, we are one."

Stellenbosch University Chamber Choir – "African Gospel Medley"

Chris Haugen – "Natural Light"

"When one looks at a tree, for example – one can see the art; the artistry – and the logic behind each leaf, each branch, and each layer of bark upon the tree. A tree is a highly advanced sort of of living machine. And that living machine could only have been created by something that was just as alive, and just as wonderful."

Also, 📖 reading suggestion: "Frequency" by Penney Pierce 🏄🌌

One love! 🤍✌️😉✨

...Seeya!

---
Cutty Ranks – "Retreat (Sound Boy)"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom