What are you listening to?

don't like to hurt the one I love I don't like to bring the past Here to the present I don't like to feel absent When you live by my side I don't like to kill the hours To smile if I'm not happy To become so alone In a ghost lover of all Selling my soul to the devil I don't like to live like this, like this Just as if it didn't hurt Just as if I wasn't Drowning in mute words With my hands hard from scratching the sand Broken into eleven thousand pieces Shutting up the voice of the soul for both of us Assuming myself a hopeless case I don't like to hurt the one I love I don't like to bring the past Here to the present I don't like to feel absent When you live by my side I don't like to kill the hours To smile if I'm not happy To become so alone In a ghost lover of all Selling my soul to the devil I don't like to live like this Just as if it didn't hurt Just as if I wasn't Drowning in silent words With my hands hard from scratching the sand Broken into eleven thousand pieces Shutting up the voice of the soul for both of us Assuming myself a hopeless case The sum of the two halves The tear feeds the river The cure of vanities The light making its way To give oblivion to the solitudes Just as if it didn't hurt Just as if it were not Broken into eleven thousand pieces Shutting up the voice of the soul for both of us Assuming myself a hopeless case

Today when lost men are in the realms of darkness in the domains of darkness From eternity they shall return the old kings will come with the tempest The darkness, you know it is desolating land and sea times without peace, hatred and pain I need to be able to wake up Your heart will lead you to the forgotten kingdom that is alone within you You may be rich, beggar or thief the sores in your heart ache Let us begin again and the kingdom will succeed in saving the earth and all mankind The darkness, you know, is desolating the earth and the sea times without peace, hatred and pain I need to be able to wake up Your heart will lead you to the forgotten kingdom that is alone within you.

Lost soldier I want you to be with me That together we cleanse the blood that has been spilled May the silence of some of the lost be preserved And may the memory of those we forget remain alive. The bird no longer sings to me in the morning And only some memory remains dying on my pillow Sometimes I fool myself by reading some rusty book That says the good guys win and the bad guys die And no one will give me back my lost memory And no one will remind me of that forgotten love And a few pennies will fall out of my pockets But nothing matters because you're on my side I'd like to fly away and start all over again I wish I could but I can't anymore, my bones ache Sometimes I fool myself by reading some rusty book That says the good guys win and the bad guys die I remember when I was very young someone told me That when time would catch up with me I would understand I'd like you to see up close what my eyes can see I'd like you to understand that the world is dying a little at a time And no one will give me back my lost memory And no one will remind me of that forgotten love And a few pennies will fall out of my pockets But nothing matters because you're on my side Baby I want you to listen to me and read my lips Maybe tonight drunk I'll tell you that I love you Don't be so cruel and stay till the day comes Stay with me for a while steal my life from me And no one will give me back my lost memory And no one will remind me of that forgotten love And from my pockets will fall a few cents But nothing matters because you're on my side And no one will give me back my lost memory And no one will remind me of that forgotten love And a few pennies will fall out of my pockets But nothing matters because you're on my side But nothing matters because you're on my side

REM, Fall On Me. REM were reactionaries in their early 80's formation, deciding never to wear leather and never doing bluesy solos on guitar. Good for them, they crafted a new style of folk rock. From 1983 until 1998 their albums are pretty much all good, which is quite impressive. If you think about it, indie music as it is commonly known was created by these 4 guys, a much needed reaction against coke addled heavy rock cliches.

Back
Top Bottom