What are you listening to?

I share, briefly, a fragment of an interview with the Uruguayan musician Gustavo Ripa:

Interviewer: The topic "Transpersonal Music" caught my attention. What does it mean?

Gustavo Ripa: It refers to the dimension of music that transcends personal experience and places it on a spiritual and transcendent plane. That dimension was clearly present in the West in times past, in the Pythagorean concept of "Music of the Spheres" and in many of the great composers, although in a much more diffuse form in the present. In the Middle East and the East - more specifically in Indian Classical Music - the concept of music and its spiritual connection runs through all music, musicians and audiences. In fact, for example, the Ragas are not composed by an "author" but "already exist" and the musicians train all their lives to manifest them on this plane and the audiences to recognize them. Musicians and audiences come together in an event that transcends them. In various cultures music is a connection for the transcendent.

I understand that these are not terms that are commonly used. Our culture is totally focused (with exceptions) on "music/market product", "music/commercial consumption" and the cultivation of "musician/ego", "musician/competitor", no matter what musical genre we are talking about. This materialistic concept cuts across the whole phenomenon surrounding music: industry, media, social networks, schools and universities of learning, audiences and musicians.

Moreover, "Transpersonal Music" is a great book by music therapist Carlos Fregtman together with the great Egberto Gismonti where they explore from Transpersonal Psychology, philosophy and life experiences that aspect of music. I read it 24 years ago.

Thanks for the music to everyone. I enjoyed some videos. New sounds in my "enjoyable" experience. It's the only thing I understand about music!:violin:

The Hardanger fiddle and religion[edit]
The Hardingfele has had a long history with the Christian church. Well known early fiddle maker Isak Botnen is said to have learned some of his craft from church lay leader and school master Lars Klark, as well as the methods for varnishing from pastor Dedrik Muus.[7] In many folktales the devil is associated with the Hardingfele, in fact many good players were said to have been taught to play by the devil, if not by the nix. During religious revivals in the 1800s many fiddles (regular and Hardanger)[8] were destroyed or hidden both by fiddlers and laypeople who thought "that it would be best for the soul that the fiddles be burned", as it was viewed as a "sinful instrument that encouraged wild dances, drinking and fights."[9] This happened in Norway, as well as other parts of Europe, and until the 20th century playing a Hardanger fiddle in a church building was forbidden.[10] Some fiddlers, however, played on, in spite of all condemnation, and thus, valuable traditions remained intact. The first folk musicians to perform in a church were the fiddlers Johannes Dahle from Tinn, and Gjermund Haugen from Notodden. Dahle performed in the 1920s.

So this is what I was listening to. Without a reference point it could be meaningless.

I never heard of this fiddle but I knew it had meaning. I find it strange what so many pass off as being "sinful". See what you think.

Simply: wonderful piece! Of course it is a subjective appreciation, musical tastes differ between people, even in oneself. Sometimes the same piece of music impacts differently on a different mood.
Well, here I share with you something that I consider beautiful, and thank you all for sharing beauty drawn in sounds!

Simply: wonderful piece! Of course it is a subjective appreciation, musical tastes differ between people, even in oneself. Sometimes the same piece of music impacts differently on a different mood.
Well, here I share with you something that I consider beautiful, and thank you all for sharing beauty drawn in sounds!

Very beautiful, really. I was able to see myself, at the movement of this magnificent music, on a road, driving with my dog Arturo besides me, in the middle of a splendid country and I saw the happiness of being free. Music is something so amazing. It touches and caress you and sometimes it is like wind on your head and you feel good.

:cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :boat: so the travelers from the FUTURE stopped the world for us and them with the same idea - to build a new one ... and while they are uploading STS organic portals with new programs, STO candidate brains are flickering like fireworks of a new desire, in the curiosity of a new creation, that non of that outdated matrix programming can apply on STO brains candidates ... so ... as soon as we gt on our feet, it feels that NOW in the MOMENT is a perfect time for the rebuilding of an old to a new history of Humanity ...

Back
Top Bottom