Were the Gatwick drones a cover-up for a hovering UFO?

Ursus Minor

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
According to a report by The Daily Mirror, Gatwick Airport, the second-biggest airport in the UK not far off from central London, which, on 20-21 December suspended operations for 36 hours cancelling nearly 800 flights and stranding over 110,000 passengers— stating the reason for the shutdown were unauthorized drones— may have been giving misleading information.

UFO searchers seem to have spotted something strange in a YouTube video showing the airside at Gatwick airport on December 20.

2_2.jpg

One viewer commented: "A UFO can be seen on the top right!" Another said: "That ain't no cloud."
Another added: "[That's] not a cloud and certainly not a drone, it was suspicious when this farce continued into today."

The idea of some drones shutting down a major airport for 36 hours seems indeed a little far-fetched.
Drones' electronics are readily traceable and can quickly be brought down by state-of-the-art microwave and laser weapons.
British police were able to do so last year when a drone interfered with 5 flights at Gatwick.

Does look like much of a "UFO" to me. It's static and looks more like a light reflected in the glass. All the same, the whole 'drone' story seems strange. It's possible that the drones were in fact military drones, not the standard commercially-available ones. That might have justified the shut down. What military drones were doing buzzing the airport is another question altogether.

The idea of some drones shutting down a major airport for 36 hours seems indeed a little far-fetched.
Drones' electronics are readily traceable and can quickly be brought down by state-of-the-art microwave and laser weapons.
British police were able to do so last year when a drone interfered with 5 flights at Gatwick.

I agree with this idea.
It means that a shutdown from drones can/will occur more frequently in the future. This is just to increase more fear and anxiety on passengers.In due time we will obtain more information.

Here's another video from inside the terminal at Gatwick that shows something a bit more intriguing. Could be helicopters though.

I lost a bit of sleep with worry last week as I was supposed to fly through Gatwick just a day after it reopened for good. In fact my flight was delayed as a result of a knock on effect. I followed this surreal drones story closely.
Quite a few things about it don’t quite add up.
- even the police in one of the reports said “there may not have been drones in the first place “ / only to be followed by the report saying that the police was misquoted.
Whatever there was in Gatwick skies it made miserable hundreds of thousands of people.

I would expect that the PTB will stage some of these events to counter the real events. How to tell real ones to other worldly ones? I would expect that at some time they will bring one down and show it, saying this is all it really is and how their technology to take them down will solve this issue. These will be the fake ones. You cannot stop the other worldly ones.

Bring's to mind an item. During the fires in California October of 2017, the Shepard family lost two children. This was a family on my wife’s side. Before the fire event about two months earlier the father saw two lighted drones flying over his property, as he told me. I told him that this may be a new normal as they are now very popular these days. But he continued to tell me that this was at nighttime, it was dark in this country location. Of course, this made me present another flavor of what this might have been. The other worldly kind. Because no one in their right mind would fly a drone at night. Especially in this area with the tall trees around.

Speculation states that these drones that he saw were premonitions of what was to happen, in the future. I suspect that these other worldly drones, that are seen around the world, can possibly be precursors to a future event, right in the area that they are noticed. My two cents worth, Haiku …

Something that maybe validates the C's comments on this.

The drone attack that caused chaos at Gatwick before Christmas was carried out by someone with knowledge of the airport's operational procedures, the airport has said.

A Gatwick chief told BBC Panorama the drone's pilot "seemed to be able to see what was happening on the runway".

Sussex Police told the programme the possibility an "insider" was involved was a "credible line" of inquiry.

more like an "outsider"?

About 140,000 passengers were caught up in the disruption.

The runway at the UK's second busiest airport was closed for 33 hours between 19 and 21 December last year - causing about 1,000 flights to be cancelled or delayed.

In his first interview since the incident, Gatwick's chief operating officer, Chris Woodroofe, told Panorama: "It was clear that the drone operators had a link into what was going on at the airport."

Mr Woodroofe, who was the executive overseeing the airport's response to the attack - the "gold commander" - also said that whoever was piloting the drone could either see what was happening on the runway, or was following the airport's actions by eavesdropping on radio or internet communications.

And whoever was responsible for the attack had "specifically selected" a drone which could not be seen by the DJI Aeroscope drone detection system that the airport was testing at the time, he added.

The first sighting of the drone was at 21:03 GMT on 19 December but it was not until 05:57 GMT on 21 December that flights resumed with an aircraft landing.

Gatwick says it repeatedly tried to reopen the runway but on each occasion the drone reappeared.

Mr Woodroofe also dismissed the suggestion that the number of sightings had been exaggerated - and a theory, circulating online, that there had been no drone at all.

These claims have been fuelled by the fact that there are no verified pictures of the drone, and very few eyewitnesses have spoken publicly.

Police told the BBC they had recorded 130 separate credible drone sightings by a total of 115 people, all but six of whom were professionals, including police officers, security personnel, air traffic control staff and pilots.

Mr Woodroofe said that many of the drone sightings were by people he knew personally and trusted - "members of my team, people I have worked with for a decade, people who have worked for thirty years on the airfield, who fully understand the implications of reporting a drone sighting".

"They knew they'd seen a drone. I know they saw a drone. We appropriately closed the airport."

Panorama has been told witnesses reported seeing an extremely fast-moving, large drone with bright lights.

At least one person noted the characteristic cross shape while others described it as "industrial or commercial" and "not something you could pop into Argos for", an airport spokesperson said.

Panorama has been told witnesses reported seeing an extremely fast-moving, large drone with bright lights.

From a psychological point of view:

Shouldn't it become tedious for any group of young adults to keep playing tricks (for 33 hours) on airport authorities and the police? Whoever was involved in that case must have an unearthly attention span...
Criminals and juvenile delinquents probably do not.

And who in the world would be able to buy extremely fast-moving, large drones?
A question to put to your friendly neighborhood Orion drone dealer... 👽

Back
Top Bottom