Weaponized Lies: How to Think Critically in the Post-Truth Era

Ellipse

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I'm discovering that books about one of our interest center exist so I report it here. Not read yet so I don't know the exact value of it. Feed-back welcome if someone read it.

Weaponized Lies.jpg

Weaponized Lies: How to Think Critically in the Post-Truth Era - Daniel J. Levitin - 2017

We live in a world where the line between truth and lies is increasingly blurred by euphemistic terms such as 'post-truth', 'counter-knowledge', 'fringe theories' and others. In a world where anyone can become an expert at the click of a button, we're worse equipped than ever to evaluate the information we encounter and separate the truth from the lies. Daniel Levitin debunks the idea that truth no longer exists, and shows that we urgently need to learn the skills to effectively ask ourselves: can we really know that? And how do they know that?

In this eye-opening, accessible guide filled with fascinating examples and practical takeaways, acclaimed neuroscientist Daniel Levitin shows us how learning to understand statistics will enable you to make better, smarter judgements on the world around you.

Back
Top Bottom