We lost our dear dog

ryu

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
Hello everybody, I wanted to share something that's been weighting on me. Last week we lost our 14 year old dog. I was still a teen when my parents got her for me and my siblings, she was a companion while growing up. She was very clever, kind and joyful.
We had hoped we would have her for two more years, but during the lockdown her health declined very quickly. She had tumors that developed rapidly in a matter of weeks. She couldn't eat or breathe properly, she had difficulties getting up or laying down. Her eyes became glassy and expressionless.
We decided to put an end to her suffering. I went with her for a last walk in the forest in the morning before her death. We have been graced with the Sun and a cloudless sky (It's been cold and rainy for days). She was a bit more alert, she was happy to be out, it was good to see her like that. I though " It a good day to die". My family and I stayed with her the whole day, until the end.
It's been a few days since she left us, but while I am relieved that she doesn't suffer anymore, I feel a hole in my life. I havn't managed to do anything productive since then, I still expect to see her in my parent's garden...I realized that she was a link between me and the rest of my family, and her presence made me be attached to my childhood's home. Now it feels empty. It will take a while to heal, but I am sure she's better wherever she is.

Thank you all for listeningIMG_20200618_104311.jpg

Really sorry to hear about the loss of your companion. She certainly has a kind face.
It is difficult but hold those wonderful memories in your mind and heart. The bond is a very special one you shared. When you lose that loving energy from your life it takes time for to heal but she is free now and your love will help her to move into her next life. I'll pray for a peaceful transition for her.
What was her name Ryu? Also take care of yourself as it is difficult until you come to terms with your loss. :hug2:

My sincere condolences. Oh it is so hard to loose a dog, a friend. At the beginning it seems we will never be able to live with this hole and then little by little we feel this hole is not empty, that this hole has a heart form, that our friend is still there, her spirit, her soul. Be patient. Love is eternal, specially a love for a dog, our teacher. :hug2:

So terribly sorry for your loss ryu,

I recently went through the same experience and I can absolutely understand how heart breaking it is. I still feel the emptiness that my pup left when he went.

Try and take it easy on yourself and honor her existence, it sounds like she brought a lot into your life and that’s something that can live in your heart forever.

Sorry for your loss ryu.

I've just been through the same thing, our family dog left us after 14 years last week.

It's been very strange of late, as many of my friends have had pets die on them in the last month or so, (at least 7 in my circle, and I have noticed a few here on the forum too). My first reaction is that maybe, they're heading off now so they can upgrade to 3D? or maybe it's just a huge coincidence, I don't know. In any case, the thing that comforts me is that, as I am sure is the case with your doggo too, they had a good life and gave so much to us and now they have the chance to explore what's next.

Sorry for your loss ryu, it is really hard to lose our puppa's and I'm glad that you got to spend a last nice day with your girl. I'm sure she was a wonderful member of your family, an important companion and would have been comforted that you were there for her. 💐

Very sorry for the passing of your friend ryu, and i can relate to what you are going through now as i have also been in that stage when you experience a huge hole in your life, though cliche as it sounds, time will make it better and your memories keep her alive in your heart always.

C'est toujours une atroce déchirure quand on perd un de nos petits amours mais on est jamais séparé de ceux qu'on aime...
Comme vous l'a déjà demandé Thebull, quel est son nom ?... Je prie pour Elle aussi... De tout coeur avec Vous...

It's always a heartbreak when we lose one of our little loves, but we're never separated from the ones we love...
As Thebull has already asked you, what is his name?... I pray for her too... With all my heart to Thee...

Back
Top Bottom