Was Julius Caesar the real Jesus Christ?

Mr. Premise said:
Note that Laura is referring to Julius Caesar, not Caesar Augustus (first Emperor, Julius Caesar's (adopted?) nephew). If a source mentions Caesar they mean Caesar Augustus. If they are referring to Julius Caesar they will use both names.

Actually, when a source mentions "Caesar" alone, they usually mean Julius and when they mean Octavian Caesar, they say "Augustus." But then, it depends on the source, too, and the context.

Oooooh! Intriguing! If research shows a high probability of truth,
it could rattle some cages of the PTB (control) and the (controlled)
sheeple by (blind) faiths of "Christianity"? Perhaps Jesnivarna (sp?)
might not be connected to the moniker "Jesus Christ"?

Either way, perhaps this might a good question to ask of the Cs, if
network research cannot confirm?

It appears Laura (yet again!) has pulled another thread on of the web
(of mazes) of lies and deception?

As I posted on my FB page:

Atwill's book looks interesting, and I've ordered it, but after reading some synopses, I think that he doesn't have the whole banana. As one reviewer wrote: "Atwill could be on to something, but he needs to find a more humble tone and a broader intellectual scope in order to be taken seriously. Caesar's Messiah is, at best, literary deconstruction leading toward historical speculation." Nevertheless, I will give it a close and careful reading. ... I think Carotta aces him by a long shot. Caesar was Jesus. The evidence is there from writings long before Josephus, the wars, etc.

And: Keep in mind that I came to this understanding by reading the ancient texts, stories about Caesar written long before the gospels or any hint of a "Jesus" was created. No, I think Atwill is barking up the wrong tree. He hasn't read the Stoic and Cynic accounts, he hasn't read Cicero or Sallust or Appian or Varro or Dio Cassius. All of these give accounts of the facts about Caesar - some from a hostile perspective - and it is a certainty that the life of Jesus was modelled on the life of Caesar.

And: Carotta writes:
We are tempted to look for Jesus outside of the Galilean-Judaean region, in the direction of Rome, not only because of the above mentioned parallels between the Christian liturgy and the Caesar/emperor ritual, and not only because of the fact that Rome was and still is the capital of Christianity, that Gallia and not Galilaea is the oldest daughter of the Church, but also because of clear references that argue against Jerusalem:

• no Gospel was ever written in Aramaic,

the Greek of the presumably most ancient Gospel in particular, that of Mark, is filled with Latinisms whilst the citations from the Jewish scriptures only emerge in abundance in Matthew.

It is as if the river flowed from Rome towards Jerusalem, not vice versa. In order to explain this anomaly and to still hold the contrary to be true, the exegetes of course have invented a re-Judaization: via Hellenism towards Rome, there and back. But why only the journey to Rome left no trace behind remains an open question.

About half of Carotta's book is online at the site linked above. Ya'll can entertain yourselves with "aha!" experiences for a few days there!

Just a side note: The Catholic Church is actually "Roman Catholic Church"
which speaks for itself?

dant said:
Oooooh! Intriguing! If research shows a high probability of truth,
it could rattle some cages of the PTB (control) and the (controlled)
sheeple by (blind) faiths of "Christianity"? Perhaps Jesnivarna (sp?)
might not be connected to the moniker "Jesus Christ"?

Might not. Jesinavarah ben Marnohk... And Caesar was the "Son of Mars" in many inscriptions. Jesin - Iesin -Iulius??? One just wonders about that name given by the Cs: was it a name Caesar was known by somewhere?

As I said on my FB page:

Well, when facts trump the Cs, the Cs are out the door for me. Though I have had some idea that the transcripts on that topic may have been in code.

Note that the Cs said that "Jesus" had children by three Roman women... now isn't that just bizarre? And a clue pointing at Rome?

Keep in mind that the beliefs of those present at the Jesus sessions could warp the answers.

dant said:
Either way, perhaps this might a good question to ask of the Cs, if
network research cannot confirm?

Indeed.

dant said:
It appears Laura (yet again!) has pulled another thread on of the web
(of mazes) of lies and deception?

Like I said, I came to this idea pretty much inductively. The facts began to mount higher and higher and I kept thinking "wow, that's just like Jesus". And then, one day I thought: what the heck? what if the Jesus story was based on the life of Caesar? After all, Caesar came first.

But clearly, I cannot take credit as I have learned today. Carotta's done a superb job as far as I can tell. I'll see after a full reading if I still have something to add to the pot.

Then, there is Gary Courtney:
http://www.amazon.fr/TU-JUDAS-Then-Fall-Jesus/dp/0595328687/ref=sr_1_3?s=english-books&ie=UTF8&qid=1373195352&sr=1-3&keywords=gary+courtney

But Carotta seems to have been working on this before Courtney and certainly before me.

The documentary says that Carotta came to his ideas in 1988. We are gonna download it and watch it on the big TV.

Geeze, I feel like a kid in a candy store! An answer of sorts, finally!

And yes, ya'll read Caesar's writings, read books about Caesar, lots of them, because each one adds another piece to the puzzle. But be sure to read Fustel's "The Ancient City" first or you won't understand Caesar and his vision.

Laura said:
The documentary says that Carotta came to his ideas in 1988. We are gonna download it and watch it on the big TV.

And yes, ya'll read Caesar's writings, read books about Caesar, lots of them, because each one adds another piece to the puzzle. But be sure to read Fustel's "The Ancient City" first or you won't understand Caesar and his vision.

I'm almost half way through the documentary. Whoah!

Thanks for the book guide. It answers the "which one first?" :)

I just finished the documentary and I highly recommend it! Very intriguing and a lot to think about...

That all strikes me as a big and very important piece of the puzzle ...

More stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Axx5Vx0j8A

Dutch Documentary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RdGE8nlTWk

Movie about Julius Caesar. Think I want to watch this one too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYEvyCqo8jU

Only 6 minutes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG2y3ool6QM

Images of Caesar

At first reading this was indeed shocking to say the least. Second thought flashed in my mind was when I was in Rome. There was a little restraurant that was recommended, and only for locals. The election had just happenend and everyone was still pretty inflamed about everything. The little old lady running the place had a fixed menu(best food in Italy I tried) and would not allow any communist in her place. We ate three times there and every time, we where the only ones. People would come in asking to be seated and she would bussle out and come saying" can you not see" "there is no seating for you".

The only reason I mention this is because she is certain that her place IS where Julius died. Believed it to the bottom of her heart.

Gah! Minimal captions and no transcripts of the movie!
Alas, the downside of being hearing impaired :(

Nonetheless, I do have a glimpse, but not enough.... sigh :(

I will try to read where available the other texts/books...

Fascinating though!

Laura said:

And all this (and more) while doing FISC managment? Holy Moly! Am I sure you're not from the Q Continuum? No. Thanks for this interesting learning project! :)

Very interesting!

There is also a 2-hour documentary in Dutch based on Carotta's book: _http://www.hebikietsgemist.nl/aflevering/55422/nederland-2/het-evangelie-van-ceasar/aflevering-1.html

Edit: Just discovered it's the same one that Pashalis posted, but this one is spoken in Dutch.

I once did a search on Gaul and Galilee (and later gaul isle lee via something) based on the transcript with this connection mentioned as a comment and the Carotta summary page was one of the results. Sounded related to the mythologization in general but I didn't think JC was JC other than in a composite character way. WOW. Besides the name (discussed earlier), the date of birth didn't seem connected with what the Cs said.

Back
Top Bottom