WAR ON TRUTH The Secret Battle for the American Mind

Important article indeed Laura!

A little slow in finding this thread, but a good one to keep and reference as it is just as relevant today, perhaps more so, it’s more entrenched, more accepted, than it was in 1999. In retrospect, looking back at all the groups promoting this or saving that, it becomes clear when the PR hand has influenced. When the news flashes erupt and the commentaries flourish, again, how mush tuning was done by the PR hand; it’s actually mind boggling when you think about this on a planetary scale.

A number of high profile environmental groups sprang up in our area and although the situation was important, digging a little deeper, one quickly notes the covenant between one said group and for instance Unilever, the powerful food consortium; win-win indeed.

I came across this and searched the forum to see if it was on here.
I did not see it and was wondering if anyone else has came across this?

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/115820/Thats_Impossible___Mind_Control_5avi/

Laura said:
An Interview with John Stauber Published in "The Sun" March 1999
_http://home.earthlink.net/~dbjensen1/stauber.html
[...]
Stauber: The PR industry is a product of the early twentieth century. It grew out of what was then the world's largest propaganda campaign, waged by Woodrow Wilson's administration to get the American public to support U.S. entry into the First World War. At that time, the country was much more isolationist than today. A huge ocean separated us from Europe, and most Americans didn't want to get dragged into what was seen as Europe's war.
[...]
But back to the history of the industry. After the Wilson administration succeeded in getting the public behind World War I, public-relations practitioners who'd been involved in the campaign - like Ivy Lee and Edward Bernays - began looking for business clients. The tactics of invisible persuasion that they'd honed working for the War Department were put to use on behalf of the tobacco, oil, and other industries. And with each success, the public-relations industry grew. Tobacco propaganda has surely been the most successful, longest-running, and deadliest public-relations campaign in history.
[...]

What this brought to mind is the psychology of consumer marketing. Methinks there are dangerous and effective methods of convicing people to do things that they would not have done unless motivated from external forces. There are formal educational courses that teach the use of subliminal projections to sway and persuade an unknowing potential victim. Of course TPTB know this and have been able to fine tune their methods and many of us can see the results around us every day. A sleepy society living within an ignorant illusion. Programmed to remain mentally lazy and easily receptive to disinformation.

www.marketing-made-simple.com/articles/psychology-of-marketing.htm#.UKj3E2cpCGA
[...]

Psychology of a purchase decision

Human psychology is a fascinating science, not least because of the frightening discoveries about just how predictable our behaviour can be. Customers make decisions based on a large number of factors and although it is impossible to influence them all, successful marketers try to strike a balance between appealing to the emotional and rational sides to our personality.
[...]

I have used the color of blue on my employer's web site for its ability to convey trust and loyalty.
http://www.precisionintermedia.com/color.html
[...]
Color is a meaningful constant for sighted people and it's a powerful psychological tool. By using color psychology, you can send a positive or negative message, encourage sales, calm a crowd, or make an athlete pump iron harder.

Employ the latest color psychology in all facets of marketing and particularly in logo design, web site design, the cover of a book, or the package of a product.

The field of industrial psychology has a sub-field that studies only the psychology of color. It is no accident that Campbell's soup has used the same four colors on their labels for years and years. When I mentioned that product, I'll bet an image of that label popped into your head.
[...]

Psychology of Color: Blue

Ask people their favorite color and a clear majority will say blue. Much of the world is blue (skies, seas). Seeing the color blue actually causes the body to produce chemicals that are calming; but that isn't true of all shades of blue. Some shades (or too much blue) can send a cold and uncaring message. Many bedrooms are blue because it's calm, restful color. Over the ages blue has become associated with steadfastness, dependability, wisdom and loyalty (note how many uniforms are blue). People tend to be more productive in a blue room because they are calm and focused on the task at hand. Some studies are showing that weight lifters can lift more weight in a blue gym - in fact, nearly all sports are enhanced in blue surroundings.

With a little research, one can see that people can be, have been, and are continually bombarded by programming to influence and sway their thought patterns for the sheer purpose of control.

Thank you, The mind is so amazing.
I know this is an older thread. I had just came upon that site from YouTube and was amazed how the signs and shows talk about it but few people really notice except to mock, claim it's conspiracy theorist due to how they have been conditioned to believe. It's everyday, and in most everything we see or do.
I am still learning and have a long way still.

Back
Top Bottom