Volcanoes, Earthquakes And The 3,600 Year Comet Cycle

Very good find Skyfarmer, that's makes the case for a 3,600-year cycle even stronger. I will amend the graph tomorrow. I counted 1,8 graduations from the left of the 10,000 BP mark for Beluka and Taylor Dome but I missed the fact that the scale for the two graphs is different dooohhh!

I've waited for your update and as I saw you've done it now, I've made the French one and I uploaded the new files in my Google Drive as well.
Thank you both.

I got excited when I read "its period at about 3,500 years", but a Neptunian object (with a possible accompanying asteroid swarm) at 233 AU from the Sun and an eccentricity of 0.65 would not approach the Earth close enough to be the culprit, unfortunately.:-(

As 233 AU is about the semi major axis, what about the perihelion at 82 AU with a period of 3,556 years? Is it close enough - independently of eccentricity - to approach Earth as estimated in your researchs? Or does this eccentricity of 0.65 is a major data that cannot be put aside despite the 82 AU perihelion, and would then definitively contradicts the hypothesis that this PX with asteroids object could come closer to the Earth?
Having the eccentricity then allowed using the Kepler’s orbital equations to calculate other elements of PX’s orbit, which for the 12 asteroid case were found to be 233 AU for the semi major axis, 3,556 years for the period and 82 AU for perihelion.

Back
Top Bottom