Virology Classes

mabar

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Dr. Karina Acevedo, who has explained vaccines very well, is sharing her virology classes to medical students.

I have already taken several of them and they are very interesting, besides serving as a complement to all this nonsense of the so-called current vaccines, highly recommended. In Spanish.

#VirologyClass19

Dear viro-virtual students: I am sending you the link to the most recent Virology class. In this class we finished looking at the comparative pathogenesis of neurotropic viruses (those that affect, directly or indirectly, the nervous system). In this class we covered HIV (yes, it can have effects on the nervous system!), as well as rabies virus and poliovirus. The video of the documentary I mention in the Rabies section can be viewed at:

I hope you continue to enjoy the lecture material, and that you are getting more and more excited about understanding the many ways in which viruses can interact with host cells.

I remind you that it is best to take the lectures in order to make it easier to understand the concepts of the topics as the course progresses, and to help you integrate the knowledge. In spite of the above, due to a technical problem with the computer where the class was recorded, I have not yet uploaded class 11, which deals with viruses that infect bacteria and cyanobacteria. However, if you do not see that particular topic (which as I said is only about viruses that infect bacteria and cyanobacteria) does not affect your understanding of the other topics.

These are the links to the classes uploaded so far:

Class 1
Class 2
Class 3
Class 4 clase 4 viro 2021-2
Class 5A Clase Virologia 100821 a
Class 5B Clase Virologia 100821 b
Class 6 Virologia 120821
Class 7 Virologia 170821
Class 8 Virologia 190821
Class 9 Virologia Clase 9 240821
Class 10 Virologia Clase 10 260821
Class 11 THERE IS A TECHNICAL PROBLEM, WILL BE UPLOADED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Class 12 Virología 020921
Class 13 Clase Virologia 090921
Class 14 Virologia 140921
Class 15 Virologia 210921
Class 16 Virologia 230921
Class 17 Virologia 280921
Class 18 Virologia300921
Class 19 Virologia 051021

I hope the class will be useful to those who decided to follow the course, and I send my regards, Karina AW

YouTube (Virologia 051021)
Virology 051021

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Oops, lost the post in the time lapse...

Anyways.

Well, just wow... She presented the simetry laws on the capside structure of the viruses... Lead me to remember on the Inteligent design versus evolution.
Marvelous! So far.

So, for example the adenovirus, is a virus of the Adenoviridae family of double-stranded DNA of the Baltimore classification (Class 2) has an icosahedral symmetry with 3 capsomers on each side. The capsomers are the protein subunit of the capside. It has 250 capsomers, so that is, the junctions between capsomers are quasi-equivalent for stability. If not formed properly, it results in empty capsids, such as the Hepatitis B virus, which it uses as a strategy.

Note, as I am translating with deepl, maybe the terms are different in english.

Translated with

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211013_111347.jpg
    Screenshot_20211013_111347.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 2
There is a note regarding Class 4 of Virology

Dear viro-virtual students. I am enclosing lecture 4 (first lecture of Unit 4) of the Virology course. In this unit we look at genetic aspects of viruses. It is recommended that you have a basic knowledge of molecular biology (specifically, that you understand semi-conservative DNA replication, which is used by all cellular organisms). If you have not had the opportunity to study this topic, I recommend that before taking class 4 of the Virology course, you first look at: https://es.khanacademy.org/science/...plication/v/rna-transcription-and-translation. --Spanish

I hope this class will be useful for those of you who have decided to take the course.

Best regards, Karina AW

Translated with www.Deepl
To understand better, I was looking at other sites, and this one seemed easy to understand as well.
Basic Genetics --English

This was quite entretaining! ... I do understand better with drawings :-) Transcribe and Translate a Gene --English

Back
Top Bottom