Videos of strange and mysterious objects and other phenomena in the sky

Spontaneously I would say Crepuscular Rays

A phenomena you occasionally can observe at sunset or sunrise (often when the sun already has set/ or not risen yet), but due to geography (distant mountains) or (most often) caused by distant towering thunderstorm clouds, these optical phenomenas appear. Often pretty, kind of spectacular and unusual.
Thank you for the explanation, and for sharing your knowledge about the sky, camera types and settings. I tried to take a closer look at the situation following your suggestion of Crepuscular Rays.

We learned that:
On the night of October 1st Nguyen NT (living in Tinh Ky Commune, Quang Ngai City) posted a clip on his personal Facebook page with many pictures of a rather strange light streak appearing in the Quang Ngai sky in the afternoon of the day September 29th.
Below is a screenshot from ViaMichelin.fr
Vietnam Tam Ky.png
Knowing the place, I wanted to find out about the Sun. The app called LunaSolCal will give data about the Sun and the Moon. I tried to add Quang Ngai, but it was not in the database, then I tried Tam Ky, which is 60 km to the North, measured on a Yandex map. In the Yandex map, I can play with the ruler and learn that Tam Ky is the equivalent of 50 km straight north and 30 straight west of Quang Ngai. In the app, I can move back in time to September 29 and learn that in Tam Ky the Sun set at 17:36 Indochina Time. This means that in Quang Ngai the Sun would be setting close to the time of 17:30 since:
According to Ms. T., the light trail was accidentally recorded by her around 5:30 pm on September 29th. The band is bright red like a shooting star, but it doesn't move.
The difficulty with the possibility of the phenomenon being crepuscular rays is:
“A lot of people think that at that time the sun was setting, so there was an image like that. But the image I filmed appeared in the east so it couldn't be said that the sun had already set. The light strip appeared red at first, there was a bright red color. the tail was like a shooting star and then it melted very quickly "- recalls Mrs. T..
The Sun sets in the west, but this appeared in the east. If the statement above is true, there is also a phenomenon called anticrepuscular rays:
Anticrepuscular rays, or antisolar rays,[1] are meteorological optical phenomena similar to crepuscular rays, but appear opposite of the Sun in the sky. Anticrepuscular rays are essentially parallel, but appear to converge toward the antisolar point, the vanishing point, due to a visual illusion from linear perspective.[2][3]

Anticrepuscular rays are most frequently visible around sunrise or sunset. This is because the atmospheric light scattering that makes them visible (backscattering) is larger for low angles to the horizon than most other angles. Anticrepuscular rays are dimmer than crepuscular rays because backscattering is less than forward scattering.
If anticrepuscular rays is a possibility, then one can look for images that look similar to what allegedly was recorded in Vietnam, at least if it was close to real. On | EarthSky there is one image that resembles: "Jenney Disimon in Sabah, North Borneo, caught these anticrepuscular rays and a rising moon – and posted them to EarthSky Facebook – on June 4, 2015."
anticrepuscular-rays-Jenney-Disimon-Sabah-N-Borneo-6-4-2015-e1466547579761.jpg

Thank you for the explanation, and for sharing your knowledge about the sky, camera types and settings. I tried to take a closer look at the situation following your suggestion of Crepuscular Rays.

We learned that:

Below is a screenshot from ViaMichelin.fr
View attachment 50426
Knowing the place, I wanted to find out about the Sun. The app called LunaSolCal will give data about the Sun and the Moon. I tried to add Quang Ngai, but it was not in the database, then I tried Tam Ky, which is 60 km to the North, measured on a Yandex map. In the Yandex map, I can play with the ruler and learn that Tam Ky is the equivalent of 50 km straight north and 30 straight west of Quang Ngai. In the app, I can move back in time to September 29 and learn that in Tam Ky the Sun set at 17:36 Indochina Time. This means that in Quang Ngai the Sun would be setting close to the time of 17:30 since:

The difficulty with the possibility of the phenomenon being crepuscular rays is:

The Sun sets in the west, but this appeared in the east. If the statement above is true, there is also a phenomenon called anticrepuscular rays:

If anticrepuscular rays is a possibility, then one can look for images that look similar to what allegedly was recorded in Vietnam, at least if it was close to real. On | EarthSky there is one image that resembles: "Jenney Disimon in Sabah, North Borneo, caught these anticrepuscular rays and a rising moon – and posted them to EarthSky Facebook – on June 4, 2015."
anticrepuscular-rays-Jenney-Disimon-Sabah-N-Borneo-6-4-2015-e1466547579761.jpg
Oh thank you for bringing up the anticrepuscular rays, @thorbiorn - it never crossed my mind (due to lack of knowledge about those type of rays).

So wow 💕 (the beautiful side of networking)

I will now read in more about them, as well looking for more photos (I am curious how to distinguish the opposite types visually) and then see if i have ever seen such anticrepuscular rays myself.

Judging from the last photo you posted, it does in character even more resemble that the Vietnamn phenomena was of anti-crepuscular origin.

Thank you again :flowers:

Last edited:
Pilot Mystified By Unknown Object That Starts Pulling The Plane Off Course | Aliens In Alaska
Sep 18, 2021
Alaskan pilot Theo is a commercial pilot with over thirty years of experience. But two mysterious extra-terrestrial encounters in the Aleutian Islands has left him, and his passengers mystified to this day.
Reference :
1635481821758.png
STRANGE CLOUDS

Multiple UFO Sightings In One Night Leaves Town Stunned I Aliens In Alaska
Sep 25, 2021 RT / 09:45

Two linked UFOs over Santes, France | 26 Oct 2021
RT / 00:23

Jet Black UFO in the Summerlin Area During the Day
Oct 28, 2021 Steven Barone
I shot the photos for this video from my backyard in the Summerlin area of Las Vegas, Nevada, on Tuesday, October 26th, 2021. I have to wonder why so-called leaders waste so much time on things that don't benefit the planet or humanity while at the same time incredible things like this are happening every single day all over the earth. Because of this, it's doubtful to me that extraterrestrials would be that interested in communicating and cooperating with us. I think we have to evolve a lot more before we're truly ready to become part of the cosmic community.

Also from Barone of Las Vegas.

Best of 2014 - 2016
Oct 8, 2021 Steven Barone RT / 07:56
I shot these video clips from my backyard in the Summerlin area of Las Vegas, Nevada, between 2014 and the end of 2016 with my Luna Optics Monocular and my Canon HD Camcorder. There will be plenty more to come. Thank you for hanging in there with me. Things have been slow, but I am still motivated. This video is a small way to thank anyone and everyone who enjoys my videos. Cheers to all of you!

At 5:29 Whoa!

Plane passenger caught UFO during flight over Lake Michigan, Grand Rapids area
Nov 1, 2021
On October 17, 2021 during a flight from Boston, MA to Denver, CO a plane passenger recorded a UFO as they flew over Lake Michigan, grand rapids area. The passenger recorded the object for about one minute before it disappeared from sight on its eastward cruising path. It did seem to change elevation or speed. The object which was white and cylindrical had no features. No wings, No windows, No tail, No exhaust, No flight surfaces. Did the passenger accidentally filmed a so-called tic tac UFO? original source: www.mufon.com video and photo editing by Behind The Scenes

What are these unknown flying objects
Oct 30, 2021
There are many unknown objects flying through our skies and people are increasingly wondering what these objects could be, like an unknown dark rectangular shaped object about 300-400 feet in the air over Newtown Square, Pennsylvania, obvious no balloon or kite since there was no wind or the Illuminated disk and cigar shaped objects captured over San Antonio, Texas, Minneapolis, Minnesota and Conyers, Georgia, yet a bright unknown light moving fast from west to east in northern sky as well as a strange line of 3 lights moving very fast at high altitude over North Vancouver, captured in night vision British Columbia, Canada.

UFO Reporting Center
1636042577690.png
1636042882392.png
If you go to Facebook or YouTube... You can see the footage in it's entirety.

1636043103181.png
Aliens in my attic?! Burney CA (Event time 2 hours)

Attachments

• 1636042806421.png
    1636042806421.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 7
Ufo sulla Roma-Civitavecchia: avvistate luci misteriose in cielo
Ufo on the Rome-Civitavecchia: spotted mysterious lights in the sky
Nov 4, 2021 Tarquinia, Italy

Bizarre floating 'UFO' spotted hovering above Glasgow
Nov 5, 2021 The Sun
A BIZARRE floating object which appeared to fly through the sky has left onlookers baffled. Lynsey Currie spotted the strange shape soaring over her flat in Glasgow - and her boyfriend quickly filmed the odd spectacle. She told Glasgow Live that it was flying "from the northwest of Glasgow towards the southwest" in her footage. In the clip her boyfriend can be heard saying: "It's literally a UFO because it's unidentified. It's coming by us." Meanwhile, Yorkshire has been revealed to be the UK’S UFO capital, with more reports than anywhere else. Some 200-plus have been "spotted" there in two decades - including a glut this year. Scores more were reported in the summer, including three in four days. UFO-watchers claim they may be drawn to the region’s open spaces and mountainous terrain. Sightings in June included a "black triangle" hurtling above Leeds, with "no noise or lights visible". Read more: Bizarre floating ‘UFO’ seen moving across the sky leaves spectators baffled https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/...

August 19, 2021
1636441091137.png

A UFO appeared at El Dorado International Airport in Bogotá, Colombia

111v.jpg
[

Famous TV host César Escola was waiting for his flight, playing with his new phone, shooting video and taking pictures of planes landing, and he captured this UFO.

The TV host insists that this is no joke, and he has provided the original video, which he shot on November 26, 2021, for authorities to study.

The pilot noticed 12 unidentified flying objects flying in formation of four UFOs in one group following the same course while flying over the Pacific Ocean.

Here's an article that talk about this particular sighting by the pilot.

The pilot said he was flying over the Pacific Ocean at the time, and he had no idea what the lights could be - other than a fleet of UFOs flying in formation...

But some weren't so sure, and pointed out that the lights could be anti-missile flares shot from a warship - but whatever they are currently remains a mystery.

What do you think? To me it doesn't look like a "usual UFO sighting". If it's not a fake, then it looks like some other related or bleedthrough phenomenon.

Or these could be indeed flares of some kind. Though it looks to be too high for flares.

What do you think? To me it doesn't look like a "usual UFO sighting". If it's not a fake, then it looks like some other related or bleedthrough phenomenon.
The lights move in a formation that looks like three by three. Could it be something similar to The Unexplained Phoenix Lights Phenomenon from 1997, observed however from the surface of the Earth, just as the Phoenix lights had a different formation?

I filmed this orb with my phone last Tuesday at about 20.15. The raw video is available below, it's nothing spectacular and you can hear my friend, brother and I joking about flat earth models etc. However, through 8 power binoculars the object was perfectly spherical with no features. Australia releases a few dozen weather balloons daily and it's possible that this object was a balloon launched from Wagga 275km to the west of my town as it's trajectory matched, (image). However, I saw an identical object 9 years ago that was much lower and witnessed by someone in a village south of me and it definitely wasn't a balloon or any other earthly object. I was on the phone to my friend in that village when her daughter ran in saying there was a bright light in sky. About 10 minutes later that same object glided to the east of my house at a leisurely 72 clicks! No chance to film it unfortunately, had the chance to film great UFO a few months ago but I thought it was a drone at first and missed the opportunity.

1639894970374.png

I filmed this orb with my phone last Tuesday at about 20.15. The raw video is available below, it's nothing spectacular and you can hear my friend, brother and I joking about flat earth models etc. However, through 8 power binoculars the object was perfectly spherical with no features. Australia releases a few dozen weather balloons daily and it's possible that this object was a balloon launched from Wagga 275km to the west of my town as it's trajectory matched, (image). However, I saw an identical object 9 years ago that was much lower and witnessed by someone in a village south of me and it definitely wasn't a balloon or any other earthly object. I was on the phone to my friend in that village when her daughter ran in saying there was a bright light in sky. About 10 minutes later that same object glided to the east of my house at a leisurely 72 clicks! No chance to film it unfortunately, had the chance to film great UFO a few months ago but I thought it was a drone at first and missed the opportunity.

View attachment 52717

For some reason I can’t see the video. It says „this video is not available“.

Back
Top Bottom