Vatican Astronomer Says God Created Martians

PopHistorian

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Brief and kind of humorous. From the blog, The Impolitic (_http://theimpolitic.blogspot.com/2008/05/god-created-aliens.html):
Father Gabriel Funes, the Vatican's chief astronomer said that life on Mars cannot be ruled out and and that intelligent beings may exist in outer space. And, of course, God created them.

Just as there are multiple forms of life on earth, so there could exist intelligent beings in outer space created by God. And some aliens could even be free from original sin, he speculates.

Huh? Why do they get to be free from original sin? No apple trees on Mars? And if they're created in his image, does that mean they're like us? Do you think one of 'em might be willing to loan me ten bucks?

Asked about the Catholic Church's condemnation four centuries ago of the Italian inventor of the telescope, Galileo, Father Funes diplomatically says mistakes were made, but it is time to turn the page and look towards the future.

Yeah, that whole "center of the universe" mistake was a lulu. Any other mistakes we should know about?

To strengthen its scientific credentials, the Vatican is organising a conference next year to mark the 200th anniversary of the birth of the author of the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin.

WTF? So, we were the center of the universe but now we're not. God inspired the writing of the Bible but neglected to mention anything about putting some folks on other planets as well. And now the Catholic church is buddying up with their nemesis, Charles Darwin.

Do they know something we don't or is this the biggest case of Cover Thine Ass that the world has ever seen?

Thanks PH;

That made for an interesting romp. The wikipedia cites Funes as a credible astronomer,
lists his papers, etc. (_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Gabriel_Funes)

Of note is the English translation of this speech wherein he summarizes the history of Vatican
astronomy:

"THE EXTRATERRESTRIAL IS MY BROTHER" (_http://padrefunes.blogspot.com/)

and his very interesting logic:

why cannot we also speak of an “extraterrestrial brother?” It would therefore be a part of creation.

This padre does not only think outside the box, but outside the planet.

As I read it I was thinking about this from Session 960811:
Q: (L) OK, so what these people are doing with this Mars Probe, with all of these things, they're being manipulated to do these things, and there's obviously an objective. What is the objective?
A: Too complex.
Q: (L) Too complex. So, it's not just control, there's control for a reason.
A: To explain to you.
Q: (T) Because there's 4th density, fifth density and sixth density reasons involved.
A: Just 4th.
Q: (T) I have a question. They're going to display live organisms, like, how did they put that 'Living organisms'? How big are these living organisms going to be? How advanced?
A: Teeny-tiny.
Q: (T) So, we're still talking about microscopic organisms here?
A: Yes.
Q: (J) So, they won't wave at us!
A: But these will be alive. Can't you see the progression here? "Don't want to scare Grandma Sally Bible Thumper/Stock Market Investor!"

Interesting!

The Vatican isn't saying a great deal about the Seige of Gaza though, is it? Obviously potential Martians off-planet are more important than real Palestinians on Earth. Extraterrestrials as brothers, but not fellow humans. If I had Father Punes email address, I'd drop him a line...

God inspired the writing of the Bible but neglected to mention anything about putting some folks on other planets as well.

Interestingly, there are these verses from the Qu'ran:

And among His Signs is the creation of the Heavens and the Earth,
and the living creatures He has scattered through them;
Sura 42:29

and from the Prophecies:

...then will be smitten with terror
those who are in the Heavens
and those who are on Earth...
Sura 27:87

The quotes of the above verses take into account what Laura has written about falsehoods being mixed in with truth. Considering what we know about 4D entities, STO and STS, it's more likely to be truth mixed in with falsehoods in this case, with the 'Heavens' (pl. in Arabic) here meaning densities, osit. Fwiw.

Very ineteresting indee to see how the big religions are slowly admitting the existence of outerspace life. I must admit it has been long for me also...
It is true that it is easier for Muslims.
I have just added some lines about Maître Philippe in the "work" forum. He talked about life on different planets, different plans, different dimensions...He himself claimed to be from another planet.

Back
Top Bottom