Various interesting things in French : documentaries, etc.

Hmm, I didn't watch the whole thing, but at around minute 19:00, he seems to miss the mark completely regarding schizoidal types. He claims that what defines it is simply that one is not really interested in reality, except when it affects one directly, and that it's partly because one is more turned inward. WHAT?

Then he says that he did a test, and is "almost" schizoidal himself. Later, he says that he thinks that some schizoidal types are important for humanity's growth. He mentions Plato as an example.:nuts:

In short... "bof !" I'm not impressed. But well, at least he is talking about the book, so some people may want to read it.

Last edited:
Hmm, I didn't watch the whole thing, but at around minute 19:00, he seems to miss the mark completely regarding schizoidal types. He claims that what defines it is simply that one is not really interested in reality, except when it affects one directly, and that it's partly because one is more turned inward. WHAT?

Then he says that he did a test, and is "almost" schizoidal himself. Later, he says that he thinks that some schizoidal types are important for humanity's growth. He mentions Plato as an example.

This was the schizoidal types according to DSM not AL, he said.

Anyway, I think he made a really good job at presenting the substance of the book (which is not these psycho labels, IMO) and the last part where he applies it to our times with some extensions is really spot on. I don't know if you had the opportunity to watch it thill the end, Chu, but I really think we can be glad he made this video. (Of course, he's labelled as an "extremist", so don't expect a large diffusion too :rolleyes: )

I'm curious, have you seen a peak in the sales of the book ?? (even if I don't hold my breath :-P )

This was the schizoidal types according to DSM not AL, he said.

Anyway, I think he made a really good job at presenting the substance of the book (which is not these psycho labels, IMO) and the last part where he applies it to our times with some extensions is really spot on. I don't know if you had the opportunity to watch it thill the end, Chu, but I really think we can be glad he made this video. (Of course, he's labelled as an "extremist", so don't expect a large diffusion too :rolleyes: )

I'm curious, have you seen a peak in the sales of the book ?? (even if I don't hold my breath :-P )

Apologies, Maat. I missed your post earlier. No, I never finished watching it, but got through most of it, and I agree, later he did a much better job explaining things. For example, pathocracy. I'll see if I can watch the rest soon.

And yes, indeed! We DID have a peak in the sales. Not huge, but selling ten copies in a month, plus extra orders from Amazon, is a huge increase compared to what's usual for us. So, I'm pretty sure that it was thanks to his video, and that he got quite a few people interested in the topic. That's something! :thup:

Next door news:
A vegan association want the mayor of a 760 inhabitants village to change the name of a street.
The name of the street is "rue de la saucisse" (Saussage's street).
Incidentally the name of the street had not much to do with animal product. It was named after the nickname of a villager woman from early XXth century who was bowed. The elders of the village says that the woman actually liked her nickname.

The mayor dont want to change the name of the street. However, the article state that the name of the street could be change to avoid "causing harm to woman's dignity"

> Article (in french)

Next door news:
A vegan association want the mayor of a 760 inhabitants village to change the name of a street.
The name of the street is "rue de la saucisse" (Saussage's street).
Incidentally the name of the street had not much to do with animal product. It was named after the nickname of a villager woman from early XXth century who was bowed. The elders of the village says that the woman actually liked her nickname.

The mayor dont want to change the name of the street. However, the article state that the name of the street could be change to avoid "causing harm to woman's dignity"

> Article (in french)
I was totally dismayed when I read this paper, but after the effort, the comfort, I had a good laugh when I read the comments:rotfl:

Yesterday, I was at the weekly open market in a near village. As usually I took a takeaway coffee at the organic shop. And there I was saying hello to my favorite meat provider, smoking a cigarillo with my coffee in one hand.

Two gendarmes ask me to come with them. I went with them few feet away, in a place less "crowded". They ask for my ID. I had to put my glass of coffee on the ground and I give them my ID. One check it on his smartphone.

Finally he told me what all that was about. He ask me if I did put something in my cigarillo:
Him: Because it smell a lot.
Me: Yes, it smell like cigar.
Him: You don't smoke the stuff (I don't remember the term he used but they never said something as clear as marijuana, which was the most logical thing their were talking about)
Me: Oh, no, I don't use that stuff!
Him: Good for you, keep it that way

And they let me go.

Later I thought: "What product did THEY took ?!"

That made my day.

Here is an interesting lecture of Corine Sombrun. She relates briefly her story (initiated "despite herself" to Mongolian shamanism, she worked with some scientists to try to unterstand what happens to her when she's in trance). She describes some of these experiments, including some with water where she talks of Quinton water. She also talks about the sounds which can heals.

Hello all French-speaking forumites.

Here is the lucid comment of a young woman about President Macron's double speak in his vows to the nation for 2019 (26 minutes) :
Voici le commentaire lucide d'une jeune femme sur le double langage du Président Macron lors de ses voeux à la nation pour 2019 (26 minutes) :

What do you think in particular of this part (30 seconds) :
Que pensez-vous en particulier de ce passage (30 secondes) :

:scared:
Is it me, or did his mask of "gentle boy" fall for 2 seconds, revealing his true nature ?
Est-ce moi, ou bien son masque de "gentil garçon" est tombé pendant 2 secondes, révélant sa vraie nature ?

Back
Top Bottom