Utopia TV series 2013

jsf

Jedi Master
With all the current virus/vaccines madness, it always makes me remember of a quite good series and also quite old now. Beware because some scenes are violent, but overall I think it was quite interesting. I don't see any topic about this series on this subforum.

Utopia is a British thriller drama television series that was broadcast on Channel 4 from 15 January 2013 to 12 August 2014. The show was written by Dennis Kelly and starred Fiona O'Shaughnessy, Adeel Akhtar, Paul Higgins, Nathan Stewart-Jarrett, Alexandra Roach, Oliver Woollford, Alistair Petrie and Neil Maskell. A second six-episode series was commissioned by Channel 4 and went into production in late 2013, and was broadcast in July and August 2014. The show has since gained a cult following.

A community of comic book fans believe the graphic novel The Utopia Experiments predicted several disastrous epidemics, such as mad cow disease (BSE). A rumoured unpublished sequel supposedly contains further information on future world events. When one Utopia enthusiast procures the manuscript, he invites four of his friends from an online forum to meet in real life. However, after getting their hands on the manuscript, the four – Ian, Becky, Wilson, and Grant – find themselves in over their heads, as a secret organisation only known as "The Network" is after it. They find their lives systematically dismantled, while Network operatives kill anyone in their way as they hunt for the manuscript and someone named Jessica Hyde.

Jessica, who has been on the run from The Network her entire life, meets with the group and helps them evade capture. Meanwhile, other characters find themselves ensnared in The Network's orbit, and through their interactions with its agents, the organisation's purpose and secret plot come into focus. The closer people come to understanding what's truly going on, the more dangerous things become. As rumours of "Russian flu" proliferate worldwide and a variety of groups and individuals close in on the protagonists, they try to solve the web of mysteries and conspiracies around them.

It was remade and released on Amazon last year, and it was promptly cancelled and not renewed for a second season. In the Amazon show, the comic book predicts the bad guys unleashing a fake pandemic on people, because the bad guys want to trick people into taking a supposed vaccine that's actually designed to kill off most of mankind.

I saw it many years ago and really enjoy it, first because I love black humor and also because the scenario was sometimes closed to what the C's said. At that time, I thought that it was well plausible, I didn't know how much !

Watching it now.... does seem like predictive programming from 8-9 years ago. Only about half way thru the series, but I do like how most all of them know so little. Each thinks others might be able to help without knowing those others have already given in, given up etc. I like how the various steps up the ladder are shown in this way, the ministers disposed of when no longer useful, same with the others. The taller replacement minister who has risen up without seemingly getting his 'hands dirty' before. He only knows his area of operations and ignores the others. This reminds me of 'Conversations with the Crow' with Crowley interviewed by Gregory Douglas(I think it was) such as when that dead 'alien' is mentioned and 'melted' to goo... not his dept.... look away and continue on. Rhea's minister role is classic politician today regarding the 'depopulation' agenda and vaccination of the masses... he doesn't need to know more, so it seems he believes what he was taught and remains ignorant of the real agenda behind this depopulation agenda.

Back
Top Bottom