US dollar price for subcriptions to CtD

anart said:
SolarMother said:
Anart--I am forgetting about the whole thing. I cannot remember what thread it was. It was my reaction to a response that felt cold, and here is why:
The day I sent out the 2 requests for USD conversion, I was online on the forum a very short time due to eye problems...my eyes were in a great deal of pain and I was in a hurry, and wanted to send out money order for subscription that day since I live 20 miles from town and I do everything I need to do on the days in town....so I sent out the requests hoping that someone would answer by the time I checked again briefly later in the day. If it appears that I am staying online on the forum for long periods, it is because I don't formally log off--I leave the computer on and go about town and return later. Until my eyes heal, this is how it will be...so I could say that this is an issue that bothers me!

Okay, considering that information, it sounds like you were quite irritable, so I think it can be said with some certainty that you read it as being snippy, rather than it actually being snippy.

sm said:
I forgot to ask-- whom do I make out the money order to for tDC Mag subscription--can I send it to Boulder?

Make a check or money order in US dollars out to FOTCM. The Boulder address will work.

NO---that will not work--no certainty. I was not irritable, I was HURTING--and her reply HURT even more....since I cannot find it, no use discussing it, and i can see that you don't really want to entertain that a MOD can be cold, snippy or uppity..

SolarMother said:
NO---that will not work--no certainty. I was not irritable, I was HURTING--and her reply HURT even more....since I cannot find it, no use discussing it, and i can see that you don't really want to entertain that a MOD can be cold, snippy or uppity..

That's not the case at all. When a person accuses someone of being cold, snippy or uppity, they should provide the post where this was the case so it can be cleared up. You were in pain, and when people are in pain, they are irritable, at least I usually am, when I'm in pain. It is highly likely, if not certain, that you read something into her post that was not there.

It's not acceptable to throw a stone at someone by saying they are snippy without showing them where and without at least entertaining the idea that you might be mistaken. This is common courtesy. All the mods are human, so, of course, they can make mistakes or have bad days, but it would be helpful if you could at least consider the possibility that you might have misread it. Perhaps Nienna can locate the post for you.

Here is the post in question. It doesn't read snippy at all, sounds helpful:

Quote from: SolarMother on August 31, 2010, 05:38:58 AM

Trying to write at the bottom of quote here--not working, Ailen...
I am looking all over for US dollar amount for subscription to CtD mag....all I see is Euro amount.
I would like to send a money order to Boulder address today if possible. Please let me know dollar amount for one year subscr. and also, dollar amount for 2 year subcr.
thank you!!!

There are many currency converters out there on the internet. You could put the amount in and send it to Boulder. If it's not enough, I'm sure you'll be notified. Here's one I just found, among many.

http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html
anart said:
SolarMother said:

That's not the case at all. When a person accuses someone of being cold, snippy or uppity, they should provide the post where this was the case so it can be cleared up. You were in pain, and when people are in pain, they are irritable, at least I usually am, when I'm in pain. It is highly likely, if not certain, that you read something into her post that was not there.

It's not acceptable to throw a stone at someone by saying they are snippy without showing them where and without at least entertaining the idea that you might be mistaken. This is common courtesy. All the mods are human, so, of course, they can make mistakes or have bad days, but it would be helpful if you could at least consider the possibility that you might have misread it. Perhaps Nienna can locate the post for you.

Mr. Premise said:
Here is the post in question. It doesn't read snippy at all, sounds helpful:

Quote from: SolarMother on August 31, 2010, 05:38:58 AM

Trying to write at the bottom of quote here--not working, Ailen...
I am looking all over for US dollar amount for subscription to CtD mag....all I see is Euro amount.
I would like to send a money order to Boulder address today if possible. Please let me know dollar amount for one year subscr. and also, dollar amount for 2 year subcr.
thank you!!!

There are many currency converters out there on the internet. You could put the amount in and send it to Boulder. If it's not enough, I'm sure you'll be notified. Here's one I just found, among many.

http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html
anart said:
SolarMother said:
the post that Mr Premise put on is not the one from Nienna. If Nienna can find the post, that would be helpful and I would appreciate it. She did not indicate any websites to check out on her post.

solarmother, the problem as I see it is this: You say a moderator was snippy. You are asked to find the reference, but you can’t. So, there is no evidence available (until Mr Premise just posted it.) With no data to either support or dispute your remark, all there is to go on is people’s memories of what they read.

Now, it seems normal to me in such a situation that someone ought to be willing to call into question his or her own interpretation. One of the basic tenets of this work is that we do not know ourselves, that our minds are not our own. When we really understand that, it is easy to question ourselves because we know we are not questioning anything real about ourselves. We are questioning that part we are seeking to move beyond.

Moreover, when we are in pain or hurt, we know it can seriously affect our interpretation of the world. We do get irritable.

So what is problematic in your response is your utter lack of self doubt, your absolute conviction that you were right, in spite of any lack of hard evidence to support it -- only your memory. If someone is unable to question their own thought processes, they aren’t going to get very far in this work. Absolutes and certainties don’t cut it.

In reading the remark Mr Premise posted, I don’t see any snippiness at all in the moderator. In fact, she posted a link for you. I’d say that was being helpful.

Sorry I am coming late to this thread.

SolarMother, I am sorry that you thought my post snippy. It was never intended that way. I really did have the best of intentions by finding you a conversion chart. And even rereading it now, I cannot for the life of me see it as snippy. But you did so, so again, I apologize.

I hope that you can soon find relief for your eyes. I know how irritating it is as I have eye problems myself, although not along the way you do. But still, it is frustrating at best.

SolarMother said:
the post that Mr Premise put on is not the one from Nienna. If Nienna can find the post, that would be helpful and I would appreciate it. She did not indicate any websites to check out on her post.
That is Nienna's post.

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=18480.msg190669#msg190669

I suspect you may have misread some meaning into some words that wasn't there. Maybe you just took it in a "you should have looked it up yourself in the first place and just send the money" kind of way even though that wasn't the intention? Communication by Internet isn't always a perfect science.

Galahad said:
solarmother, the problem as I see it is this: You say a moderator was snippy. You are asked to find the reference, but you can’t. So, there is no evidence available (until Mr Premise just posted it.) With no data to either support or dispute your remark, all there is to go on is people’s memories of what they read.

Now, it seems normal to me in such a situation that someone ought to be willing to call into question his or her own interpretation. One of the basic tenets of this work is that we do not know ourselves, that our minds are not our own. When we really understand that, it is easy to question ourselves because we know we are not questioning anything real about ourselves. We are questioning that part we are seeking to move beyond.

Moreover, when we are in pain or hurt, we know it can seriously affect our interpretation of the world. We do get irritable.

So what is problematic in your response is your utter lack of self doubt, your absolute conviction that you were right, in spite of any lack of hard evidence to support it -- only your memory. If someone is unable to question their own thought processes, they aren’t going to get very far in this work. Absolutes and certainties don’t cut it.

In reading the remark Mr Premise posted, I don’t see any snippiness at all in the moderator. In fact, she posted a link for you. I’d say that was being helpful.

Galahad,
thank you for your response. that link you posted was not the one I saw from Nienna. That's what I was referring to.
I was not trying to be RIGHT, I was trying to get myself across in a coherent manner because I was feeling emotional, subjective and highly sensitive. I could see in myself that something was really up last time I was online. I was aware at how reactive I was, and this made me see that suffering in a new way. THen I had to get offline.

I've thought a lot about all this over the last few days that I could not be online.

I know I have many programs. I knew I was emotional, and on edge, and that something was trying to speak to me, and I knew this exchange would be a BIG one for me because of all the triggering I felt. I wanted to flee, to hide give up...but then the part of me that was ready to face up to something and learn took over.

The form in my Astrology chart is the Cancerian archetype I possess (a very tough program, I must say. And I don't trust the MOON) Highly sensitive, a veritable sponge--a curse at times.
It's all related to food/survival for me. I know I was born a month premie, was in the birth canal forever, and then was put into an incubator for 2-4 weeks--my mother does not remember how long. Lots of sicknesses and a near death illness, etc. I saw this and then it all clicked together. HERE IS A PROGRAM--a very deep, ancient one.
I was ready to see this, and was noticing how I was feeling misunderstood...rejected-- and THEN I felt the neuro-peptides flood in, and KNEW I was witnessing the predator's mind. I caught it.

What you said here hit me as TRUTH, right away and I immediately agreed with it.. You said."One of the basic tenets of this work is that we do not know ourselves, that our minds are not our own. When we really understand that, it is easy to question ourselves because we know we are not questioning anything real about ourselves. We are questioning that part we are seeking to move beyond." YES!

And you said, "Now, it seems normal to me in such a situation that someone ought to be willing to call into question his or her own interpretation" But with this, I have to ask-- should it be 'normal?' Normal for one person might be to call into question right away their interpretation and ask about it, and for another to reflect for a couple of days and then have something come to them on their own.

Isn't that what this forum is all about? If a person stays with it they automatically WILL begin to question their own processes and KNOW themselves more and more and how the predator operates. That's where I want to be, and thank you for your reply, I appreciated it...VERY much.

Bluelamp said:
SolarMother said:
That is Nienna's post.

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=18480.msg190669#msg190669

I suspect you may have misread some meaning into some words that wasn't there. Maybe you just took it in a "you should have looked it up yourself in the first place and just send the money" kind of way even though that wasn't the intention? Communication by Internet isn't always a perfect science.

You are right about that!!! thank you

Nienna Eluch said:

SolarMother, I am sorry that you thought my post snippy. It was never intended that way. I really did have the best of intentions by finding you a conversion chart. And even rereading it now, I cannot for the life of me see it as snippy. But you did so, so again, I apologize.

I hope that you can soon find relief for your eyes. I know how irritating it is as I have eye problems myself, although not along the way you do. But still, it is frustrating at best.

First of all, sorry to all-- I could have put all the quotes on one page...I think I see how to do that now.
Nienna, thank you for your post. YOU served as a trigger for me to see a big program. You were not being snippy, I was seeing with the predator's mind--I was emotional due to my eyes and the frustration around that.
Please see above my reply to Galahad. I sure do thank you for the part you played in this very valuable lesson--and learning is fun! :scared:
Warm regards~

SolarMother said:
And you said, "Now, it seems normal to me in such a situation that someone ought to be willing to call into question his or her own interpretation" But with this, I have to ask-- should it be 'normal?' Normal for one person might be to call into question right away their interpretation and ask about it, and for another to reflect for a couple of days and then have something come to them on their own.

When use the term ‘normal’, I am referring to a person who is free of pathology. Someone who is free of pathology (and this is what we are all striving to become) would react immediately. Of course, not being free of pathology myself, this is speculation! How quickly we are able to question ourselves is probably an indication of how strongly identified we are with the program running.

Isn't that what this forum is all about? If a person stays with it they automatically WILL begin to question their own processes and KNOW themselves more and more and how the predator operates. That's where I want to be, and thank you for your reply, I appreciated it...VERY much.

I’m not sure that anyone will “automatically” start questioning their processes. I think it has to be a conscious process. A mechanical questioning of a program would simply be another program and one that would lull us into thinking we’re actually doing something.

Galahad said:
SolarMother said:

When use the term ‘normal’, I am referring to a person who is free of pathology. Someone who is free of pathology (and this is what we are all striving to become) would react immediately. Of course, not being free of pathology myself, this is speculation! How quickly we are able to question ourselves is probably an indication of how strongly identified we are with the program running.

I’m not sure that anyone will “automatically” start questioning their processes. I think it has to be a conscious process. A mechanical questioning of a program would simply be another program and one that would lull us into thinking we’re actually doing something.

its optimistic of me i think to say automatically.

SolarMother said:
Nienna Eluch said:

First of all, sorry to all-- I could have put all the quotes on one page...I think I see how to do that now.
Nienna, thank you for your post. YOU served as a trigger for me to see a big program. You were not being snippy, I was seeing with the predator's mind--I was emotional due to my eyes and the frustration around that.
Please see above my reply to Galahad. I sure do thank you for the part you played in this very valuable lesson--and learning is fun! :scared:
Warm regards~

You are most welcome. And now you have had a glimpse of the predator itself. You are learning what it is and how it acts/reacts. All you need to do for now is observe yourself as often as possible to keep getting glimpses.

The great part of this is that you continued to look at yourself and what was being said. You didn't shut down and brush what was said aside. Good for you. :thup: You stayed with it until you could see what was being said and caught a program running. Now it will be easier to see the next time.

Nienna Eluch said:
SolarMother said:
Nienna Eluch said:

Warm regards~

You are most welcome. And now you have had a glimpse of the predator itself. You are learning what it is and how it acts/reacts. All you need to do for now is observe yourself as often as possible to keep getting glimpses.

The great part of this is that you continued to look at yourself and what was being said. You didn't shut down and brush what was said aside. Good for you. :thup: You stayed with it until you could see what was being said and caught a program running. Now it will be easier to see the next time.
thankyou for the encouragement--staying with it, feels bad at times, but i know that's part of it...so much is upping the ante right now! :scared:

edit: mod fixed hanging quote

SolarMother, from little comments you have dropped in this thread, I am really getting the feeling that there is something not good happening in your life right now. I just want you to know that if you feel like sharing the load, getting some really good feedback and help, there is the Swamp where you can discuss any problems you may have with people who really care about the Real You.

Keeping things in will only cause anguish. Sharing lightens the load as it can be brought out into the light and out of your psyche and there are a lot of caring people that will be able to help you out.

I, of course, could be misreading things, and if so, I apologize. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom