Union of Concerned Scientists

shijing

The Living Force
This just showed up in my regular inbox today:

Dear [Shijing],

Corporations, front groups, and climate deniers who oppose critical efforts to curb global warming are misleading the public and attacking climate science.

Rush Limbaugh:
"When I talk to people who believe in this global warming crap… it's fake science. They may have educations and degrees that say they are scientists, but they're not. They're political hacks and leftists."
—December 11, 2009

UCS Factcheck:

The overwhelming consensus of more than 1,250 authors and 2,000 scientific expert reviewers from the Nobel Prize-winning Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, as well as 18 American scientific associations, is that global warming is observably happening and a growing threat to our world.

You can help UCS expose and challenge attacks on science—become a member today.

The worst part is, they could win if we don't stop them. A recent poll found that almost 10 percent fewer Americans believe global warming is happening than just a year ago!

The Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS) needs your help to expose and challenge these attacks on science. Please become a member of UCS today.

This all-out war on science is being waged by the oil and coal industry, vocal media pundits like Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck, and the media outlets who allow their fraudulent claims to go unchecked.

But we have two things our opponents don't—scientific facts and dedicated supporters like you! Please become a member of UCS today.

With your support, UCS is organizing scientists from around the country to beat back propaganda and educate decision makers and the public about the real facts on global warming.

But as you know, we don't have much time. Unchecked climate change could saddle taxpayers with hundreds of billions of dollars in damages—from flooding and storm damage to health care costs and agricultural losses.

We must act now to stand up to vocal global warming deniers and advance science-based solutions that can rein in global warming pollution. Please become a member of UCS today.

With your membership donation, UCS will work to reduce U.S. global warming pollution by:

* Increasing the nation's use of clean, renewable energy and decreasing its use of dirty coal.

* Ensuring automakers meet new emission reduction and fuel economy standards while providing consumers with cleaner car options.

* Advocating for sustainable agricultural practices that protect our air, water, and soil, and help reduce global warming emissions.

Thank you for your support of UCS and our work for a healthy environment and a safer world. Please become a member today.

They sound so intelligent and caring! Do you guys remember the good old days when Rush Limbaugh was always wrong? Since Obama took office, the PTB have performed an absolute coup by using the good cop-bad cop routine on people whose black-and-white thinking makes it all easy with the assumption "Republicans = bad, Democrats = good". I am now officially a stranger in my own land.

Have you all ever read "Our Common Future" c1987, by the United Nations, or perhaps the papal decree that may have set it off (and possibly gave it its title) from 1980: _http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/speeches/1980/august/documents/hf_jp-ii_spe_19800822_messaggio-onu_en.html ??

Here we see the Holy See advocating conversion of hearts - sans Jesus:

[quote author=JOHN PAUL II]In my pastoral visits in Europe, in North and South America and in Africa, I have spoken often and in varying ways of the need for the conversion of hearts. I have stressed the need for each one of us to be converted, to see in the other person a brother or a sister united by the bond of a common humanity under God. My predecessor Paul VI in his Encyclical "Populorum Progressio", a document which remains one of the enduring and valid contributions to the work of development, said: "There can be no progress towards the complete development of man without the simultaneous development of all humanity in a spirit of solidarity... ‘Man must meet man, nation must meet nation, as brothers and sisters, as children of God. In this mutual understanding and friendship, in this sacred communion, we must also begin to work together to build the common future of the human race’ "[/quote]

These two documents taken together spell out a manifesto for both Peak Oil and Global Warming that has amplified a drooling of power and money that does not care whether the two phenomena are real. Hmm, is there a conspiracy? Well there is, so the science must be false. Well there is, so the science must be true. You want some mustard with that?

Back
Top Bottom