UFOs on France 2 today

ark

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
From today's La Depeche. UFO in France 2 today at 22:30. From what we know, with the participation of Igor and Grichka Bogdanovs and Jean-Pierre Petit. :)

Grand Sud

Article paru le 07/03/2007

OVNIS. IL A TRAVAILLÉ À TOULOUSE PENDANT PRÈS DE 30 ANS SUR LES PHÉNOMÈNES AÉROSPATIAUX NON IDENTIFIÉS. IL PRÉSENTERA SON LIVRE CE SOIR SUR FRANCE 2, DANS L'ARÈNE DE FRANCE.

Jean-Jacques Velasco : « On nous surveille »

En regardant le ciel, après avoir écouté Jean-Jacques Velasco, on est pris d'un étrange frisson. Entre les sages étoiles et les jolis nuages, mais qui donc joue � cache-cache avec les radars ? Qui s'amuse au chat et � la souris avec les avions ? Qui vient faire coucou aux pilotes ?

Jean-Jacques Velasco est tout sauf un illuminé. Cet ingénieur au CNEs a travaillé dès sa création au GEPAN, groupe d'études sur les phénomènes aéronautiques non identifiés, en 1977. Il en est devenu le responsable en 1983. En 1994 ce service est devenu le Service d'expertise des phénomènes de rentrées atmosphériques (SEPRA) « pour donner � cet organisme un côté moins soucoupiste ! ».

Et de fait, combien de fois les journalistes de La Dépêche du Midi ont fait appel � lui, lorsque nos lecteurs nous signalaient d'étranges phénomènes dans le ciel. Et combien de fois nous a-t-il donné la solution : un ballon-sonde, un morceau de fusée, un satellite…

« Le 5 novembre 1990, 800 témoins ont fait état d'un objet qui a traversé la France, se souvient-il. Trois points lumineux, et certains ont deviné un cylindre… Beaucoup ont assuré avoir vu un engin interplanétaire ! En fait, c'était la rentrée dans l'atmosphère d'une fusée soviétique ! »

GARE AUX ACTIVITÉS NUCLÉAIRES

Seulement voil� . On n'explique pas tout aussi facilement. Et en 30 ans de travail, Jean-Jacques Velasco s'est forgé une conviction. Il y a quelque chose ou quelqu'un qui se promène par chez nous…

« Un témoignage peut être fragile. En revanche, un signal radar est incontestable. Alors, quand les deux se produisent en même temps, c'est qu'il y a vraiment quelque chose. Après avoir examiné des quantités d'observations, j'ai retenu 150 cas environ où les témoignages sont corroborés par des enregistrements de radars ! » Comme pendant ce vol Nice-Londres en 1994 où les pilotes ont vu une énorme cloche stationner au-dessus de Paris, � 12 000 mètres d'altitude, pendant deux minutes.

« Les radars de l'Armée de l'Air ont détecté l'objet. L'alerte a duré moins d'une minute. Quelques secondes de plus et les chasseurs décollaient… »

En recoupant toutes ces données, Jean-Jacques Velasco a surtout fait une découverte stupéfiante : la présence, confirmée par des radars, d'OVNI est proportionnelle � l'activité nucléaire militaire dans le temps et dans l'espace…

« On dirait qu'on nous surveille ! »

Des engins qui viennent squatter des silos � missiles aux USA, ou qui font tourner en bourrique des pilotes français avec des envolées � plusieurs dizaines de G : « Des vitesses et des accélérations qui nécessitent des matériaux et des organismes que nous n'avons pas sur Terre » constate Jean-Jacques Velasco.

Troublé, ému, incrédule… Quand on referme le livre de Jean-Jacques Velasco, on a les yeux comme des soucoupes ! Dominique Delpiroux

Jean-Jacques Velasco sera ce soir l'invité de Stéphane Bern dans « L'Arène de France », sur France 2 � 22 h 30.
Voici le plateau

1 – Jean-Jacques Velasco (CNES)
2 – Jean-Charles Duboc (Commandant de bord)
3 – Jean-Pierre Petit
4 – Stéphane Allix (journaliste, “Extraterrestres, l’enquête

If it's possible could someone please record it and put on web for download? France 2 is coded (viaccess & mediaG). THANK YOU

Thank you Ark!

Without this information , I would not watched the TV tonight... The most of the time, the UFO subject on the french TV is treated so rarely and with such a derision and a lack of serious datas that one learn nothing interesting.

But I don't have a lot of illusion, even if something very serious is revealed, the frenchies will forget since tomorrow, and will come back to their mainly dilemma : Sego ou Sarko?

HE! LA FRANCE , REVEILLE-TOI!!! :o

The problem is that while La Depeche announces that this will be the subject of today's Arene, on the internet france2.fr site a completely different subject is announced. So what will really happen tonight is a kind of a puzzle. One possibility is that two minutes of the whole two hours program will be devoded to OVNI.... The rest will be about certainly more important "sex revolution". But, perhaps, there is a relation between the two....

I have just seen the beginning of the emission and they absolutely don't speak about!!!

I was wondering if I had bad read your information and...I have really the impression the subject will not be treated at all!

What's happen?

OK, so the guy of the Spica website answered me that the broadcast was announced for the 21st march, but it's safer to check regularly on L'Arène de France or France2's websites.
Meanwhile, we can read JP Petit's account of the recording of the programme - in French - maybe someone has time to translate it (sorry I haven't, I'm busy with the CofZ translation and I want to speed up) :
JPP's account : http://www.ufo-science.com/fr/news/arene_de_france.html (we see at the top of the page that the broadcasting date is not yet known - so, check regularly until the 21st.)

Prayers for rain said:
On L'Arène de France's site :
Mercredi 7 mars 2007

CHOISISSEZ UN DEBAT
La révolution sexuelle est-elle allée trop loin ?
Faut-il avoir peur de vieillir ?
Boy...:zzz:
Yes, you could say that again.
After informing few friends about this broadcast, it took me some time to get a new DVD player installed so that I was able to record the debate. And there were lot’s of other things that turned out badly, that particular evening. Just in time I was there to start the recording to learn that there was first another subject (La revolution sexuelle). I watched it through painfully, with a lot of hope for the next topic. Aarggh WHAT ?! Faut-il avour peur de vieillir ? So than I gathered some hope that something will be mentioned at the end of the broadcast, by means of book presentation or something along that line. Nothing! Sigh. :) On the other hand, I have now dusted off my skill in capturing the French language, and I am warned about the general level of such television debates. All in all, it is not bad that difficult subjects are touched upon, and it is good to see that people still think about such subjects in France.

But still, I am afraid that the subject will only be touched upon, which is also very much the conclusion of J.-P. Petit.

J.-P. Petit said:
Il reste que seules des émissions de ce genre permettent de toucher d'un coup des millions de citoyens français et nous remercions Stéphane Bern de nous avoir permis d'y participer.
Those Bogdanoff twins seem to be a little as a dead fish, yes? Going with the flood of the river. Lacking some DASH, maybe ?

Thank you Ark for informing us, and PfR for helping in finding the corrected broadcasting date.

HE! LA FRANCE , REVEILLE-TOI!!!
Pas possible, elle s'endort en écoutant les candidats aux élections :D

"Ufo-science", it remind me "ummo-sciences". (http://www .ummo-sciences.org/)

# Dans le "camp des non" :

* Jacques Arnould, biologiste au CNES, dominicain
* Igor et Grichka Bogdanoff, docteurs ès sciences, animateurs TV
* Dominique Caudron, ufologue
* Ghislaine Corazza le Guen, psychologue
* Bernard Werber, écrivain et cinéaste (qui venait présenter son dernier film)
Bogdanoff² and Bernard Werber for "no" ? Suprising...

Les deux jumeaux auraient pu se trouver aussi bien dans le "camp du oui" que dans le "camp du non". Leur comportement évoque pour moi les parole de la chanson d'Alain Souchon : « C'est comme vous voulez. Où vous irez j'irai ». Une présence dénuée de toute consistance.
http://www.ufo-science.com/fr/news/arene_de_france.html#up

See : http://www.jp-petit.org/UFOSCIENCE/ufoscience_statuts.html#materiel

Prayers for Rain has asked that I post this:

The show is on tonight at 22h30, France 2. But apparently there's a report on polygamy before...

Prayers for Rain said:
Pour une raison X, je ne peux me connecter sur le forum SotT.
Quelqu'un peut il poster la confirmation de la diffusion de
l'émission l'Arène de France avec JP Petit sur France 2 ce soir a
22h30 ? Attention, ce sujet sera précédé d'un sujet sur la polygamie
(bonjour le rapport).
Confirmation a poster dans la section "UFO phenomena", sujet "UFO on
France 2 tonight". L'émission sera de toute façon dispo en visionnage
sur le site après coup, et certainement aussi sur Dailymotion.

Some photos taken from the TV screen during the show:

21-Mar-07_11-50-33_PM_0015.jpg

21-Mar-07_11-52-22_PM_0020.jpg

21-Mar-07_11-52-56_PM_0022.jpg

21-Mar-07_11-54-46_PM_0028.jpg

22-Mar-07_12-15-50_AM_0045.jpg

According to the computerized poll in the studio (and there is no way to verify if the poll results have not been "adjusted") before the show 43% of those present believed in the reality of UFOs, after the show over 50%. The opponents strategy was to ridiculously ridicule the phenomena discussed. I/G did not say much, neither Jean-Pierre Petit.

The online poll at france2 web site shows 86% for, 14% against, out of 1116 votes right now.

Nothing new in the sky, always the same arguments for the "yes" and for the "no"

JSF said:
Bogdanoff² and Bernard Werber for "no" ? Suprising...
Indeed, I was surprised too

The Bogdanoff brothers have not spoken a lot. Werber was defending the idea that perhaps we were the only one in the universe, a unique experience, a miracle.
The psychologist talked only about mirages and collective hallucination and will be convinced only when someone will have :" serré la main, la patte ou l'antenne" - "shaked hand, paw or antenna" of E.T. :rolleyes:

The defenders of "yes" was little bit more convincing, however. But there were no really datas, only reported experiences.

In my opinion, this kind of emission is not serious enough and too short to present objectively this kind of subject.

Thanks Henry for relaying the info.
The video will be available soon on the site of l'Arene de France : http://arene-de-france.france2.fr/videos.php?id_rubrique=38
Haven't seen the programme yet, don't have TV, but I will watch the video when available. I don't expect too much of it anyway !

Prayers for rain said:
The video will be available soon on the site of l'Arene de France
I didn't know this show (I don't have TV for years).

However it can be interesting to notice for non French speaking forumites that
"l'Arene de France" means "the Arena of France"

And the dualistic way of presenting things : for or against, yes or no, believe or don't believe coupled with obviously shallow speeches (opinions, ridiculizing the other side, playing on people fears,...) reminds me of the atmosphere of Roman arenas.

Poor Igor and Grichka: they looked perfectly miserable being cast as opponents of the ET hypothesis. I noticed that they were very evasive about their responses, also, and at one point, Grichka was saying something about he knew people who had studied this for a long time... and then he was cut off. So, I think they were there just as "faces" and they knew it. Jean-Pierre also got short shrift.

All in all, a cheap, noisy production full of mostly hot air.

Laura said:
All in all, a cheap, noisy production full of mostly hot air.
Sounds/looks like most American talk shows - the arena - sheesh, I was thinking France would come up with something more substantive.

Back
Top Bottom