Two strange dreams in a row ... connection?

nicklebleu

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Hi all,

I just had two very strange dreams, both very short, and I am very interested in your input, because it honestly shook me quite a bit, especially No1 ...

Dream No1:
I was walking in a park with a friend, who was slightly ahead of myself. He suddenly told me: Watch out! There is a snake on the grass! I could see a cobra in strike position with two very big fangs. While the other guy just managed to cross in front of the snake, I was struck by it into my right flank. I woke up with a jolt and felt a pain in my right kidney region ...?!?
I don't know what that means. The snake is a symbol of the "bad", "evil", of "temptation", but also "smart", "cunning". Is that the link? I am at a crossroad in my life. A whole entire universe has opened up and this is a bit scary too. Is that a reflection of this?

Dream No2: Consisted of only one sentence "The Meraton fragments are dangerous!"...!?!
I went and did a google on the various ways of spelling (Meraton, Meruton), but nothing came out of that. So I gave it up, thought that was just dream rubbish. But later on I somehow stumbled upon the name of "Merton" again, or more precisely "Thomas Merton", who was a trappist monk who wrote extensively on catholic mysticism and had contact to other religions and their exponents (notably the Dalai Lama and Sufi). For a short bio see _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Merton. He died at the age of 53 while travelling in Thailand of electrocution while stepping out of his bath and holding on to a poorly grounded fan. He didn't want his letters and notes to be published until 25 years after his death. But I cannot find any traces of such "fragments" ... and why would they be "dangerous" and to whom? Or maybe this is all junk ...
Does anyone know anything about Thomas Merton, and would it be worthwile to follow this hunch? Seems pretty wild for me ...

All input/ thoughts very welcome!

nicklebleu said:
Dream No2: Consisted of only one sentence "The Meraton fragments are dangerous!"...!?
Mer means sea in French
A·ton/A·ten -the sun (or solar disc) which was the deity of a monotheistic cult under the Pharaoh Akhenaten. _http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Aton

I scroogled for Akhenaten and comets (fragments) and the first page given was for an SOTT post on the Dark Companion and comet cluster. Apocolyptic dream maybe? http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=8401.msg60178#msg60178

nb said:
So I gave it up, thought that was just dream rubbish. But later on I somehow stumbled upon the name of "Merton" again, or more precisely "Thomas Merton",
Could you go into detail about the timing on this? I was a little thrown by you starting your post stating that you 'just' had these dreams. Then you searched - then gave up - then later on found this Merton material ---- so how much time has passed since you 'just had these dreams'?

Apologies, but such inconsistencies tend to jump out at me.

50megz has interesting input, however, so perhaps that will help?

Thanks anart and 50megz for your reply ... that was quick.

50megs: I am still working throught the links you gave me - will report back.

anart: Sorry ... I was not precise enough. Realized this after I posted it and planned to edit it a bit, but you guys were too fast.
So the timing: Dream No1 was yesterday sometime during the night. Dream No2 was this morning. Got up at 8AM and then did a google as described, but then got nowhere. Breakfast next - reading The Wave (my wife away working, so read&eat together ok - otherwise:mayhem). Then went online again to find chittick book (sufi path of knowledge) and accidentally fell onto this Merton guy while searching for something totally different.

Now the general gist of my question was: Are dreams something that one ought/ should/ must follow up? Or is it just random internal noise? Or does is depend on the intensity and vividness of the dream? Dream No1 was VERY VIVID, whereas Dream No2 was a sentence heard just as I was waking up, so technically maybe not a dream at all?

Here's a website with a reference to "Meraton" and there are a few things there that coincide with your dream imagery:

_http://www.thevesselofgod.com/crosslorraine2.html

nicklebleu said:
Now the general gist of my question was: Are dreams something that one ought/ should/ must follow up? Or is it just random internal noise? Or does is depend on the intensity and vividness of the dream?
I don't know that anyone has a definitive answer to that question. It seems that dreams can offer information; a window to the subconscious, and that they can be random noise, and that they can be distraction and that they can even be disinformation planted by an intelligence with the capacity to do such things - so many possibilities.

My point, as obtuse as it might be, is that we appear to be surrounded at all times by 'information' - some noise, some signal - and dreams also fall into that category. I, personally, have been moved by dreams, but I have a high level of vigilance concerning such things because they are 'dreams' and I want to awaken.

Could they carry important messages? Sure. Could they be random internal noise? Sure. Could they be additional programming? Sure. It seems to me that as one develops discernment, it becomes easier to determine which is which, but vigilance is always the key - but that's just my take on it.

Just to come back to 50megz:

50megz said:
nicklebleu said:
Dream No2: Consisted of only one sentence "The Meraton fragments are dangerous!"...!?
Mer means sea in French
A·ton/A·ten -the sun (or solar disc) which was the deity of a monotheistic cult under the Pharaoh Akhenaten. _http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Aton

I scroogled for Akhenaten and comets (fragments) and the first page given was for an SOTT post on the Dark Companion and comet cluster. Apocolyptic dream maybe? http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=8401.msg60178#msg60178
Don't know, very intersting text about the Dark Companion, just the dream didn't have an apocalyptic "feel", for what that's worth ... The cobra had a much more "apocalyptic" feel, but then it may be as anart wrote: It's hard to bring any sense into this, it may not be possible to reliably separate noise from information from desinformation ...

Just to add to anart´s "they can be random noise", before I got more interested in the real world then different virtual fantasy worlds I sometimes dreamt about intense moments in the games I was playing. So I would think that dreams could just be fragments of daily life too, but that does certainly not mean all dreams are that, but I think one should be aware of it.

nicklebleu said:
Dream No1:
I was walking in a park with a friend, who was slightly ahead of myself. He suddenly told me: Watch out! There is a snake on the grass! I could see a cobra in strike position with two very big fangs. While the other guy just managed to cross in front of the snake, I was struck by it into my right flank. I woke up with a jolt and felt a pain in my right kidney region ...?!?
I have a couple of vague ideas, but you might have to chase them up yourself and/or take what I say with a grain of salt.

Firstly, in Reiki, we were taught that the right side of the body refers to the 'masculine' side of our lives or males in general. Our right side refers to our life in the community, such as a person's work life or job (as well as the men in their lives). Could this dream be a warning about a 'snake in the grass' at work? The only association with flank I can think of is the military term 'out flanked'. Don't know whether that would have much relevance. I noticed your friend in the dream not only saw the snake, but warned you about it. This person in real life may have some useful information to help you, especially if they work with you. If not, then the part of your friend in this dream may be your higher self.

As far as the kidneys go, well I found this website quite interesting. Traditional Chinese Medicine and the five emotions and which organs they tax.

_http://www.qi-journal.com/TCM.asp?-token.SearchID=Acupuncture%20and%20Emotion

Since the body and mind form an integrated inseparable unit, the emotions can not only cause a disharmony, but they can also be caused by it"(4). Anger, according to tradition, affects the liver; rumination taxes the spleen; sorrow depletes the lungs; excessive joy affects the heart, and fear affects the kidneys.

Thanks GRiM and Ruth a lot for your suggestions ...

To GRiM:
That has always been my explanation, that dreams are your way of "processing" your daily life. It probably is - at least to some extent. Again, it is possibly difficult/ impossible? to distinguish noise from information.

To Ruth:
Very interesting line of thought. I am effectively professionally at a crossroads. I have applied for a job that would take me far away for over a year, to a VERY isolated place. This obviously has ramifications: professionally, personally and in regards to my relationship (I am fortunate to have a very understanding and supportive wife who has always supported this plan - but still, a year is a long time!). There seem to be "forces" to try to deter me from taking this post, things that are seemingly "out of my control" - errors, delays and things in general not moving ahead. I have given up in frustration on this job half a dozen times, but then suddenly things would advance again. It was always something that I wanted to do since I was a child, something that I thought I would never achieve - but suddenly things started to look, like - after all - I would be able to do it. And of course this is something that is kind of scary, because with this job I am potentially way out of my league - but then, everyone would be, it's just the nature of it. You start to think, will I be able to cope with that, will I do a good job etc - the unknown looms and that produces fears (at least in my case) - even though I am prepared to face the unknown and to do it, if I get the opportunity.

As to the other person ... there is no-one at my present workplace that is really involved in that. For certain reasons I have only spoken about that to very few colleagues. So maybe my higher self?

So, maybe you are right, maybe this reflects my inner struggle to decide whether or not to do it. One part says: It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, just do it, whereas the "inner coward" says: it might be dangerous, hard, lonely etc...

Back
Top Bottom