Twitter Hacked

duyunne

Jedi Council Member

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

"Huge Twitter Hack Hits Accounts of Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Obama, More

The hackers have been taking over the accounts to encourage the public to donate Bitcoin to a digital wallet, which has collected over $110,000 in funds.

The official Twitter accounts of several high-profile users—including Elon Musk, Bill Gates, and Joe Biden—were all briefly hacked today to promote a Bitcoin scam.

Late this afternoon, Twitter accounts belonging to several cryptocurrency platforms—including Coinbase, Gemini, and Binance—were briefly taken over to encourage users to donate Bitcoin to a digital wallet.

The mysterious culprits then took over the accounts of numerous celebrities, including Barack Obama, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, and Kanye West, to further promote the scam. “I am giving back to my community due to Covid-19! All Bitcoin sent to my address below will be sent back doubled. If you send $1,000, I will send back $2,000!” the tweets read. "

Attachments

• 1594851905225.jpg
    1594851905225.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 12

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

"Huge Twitter Hack Hits Accounts of Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Obama, More

The hackers have been taking over the accounts to encourage the public to donate Bitcoin to a digital wallet, which has collected over $110,000 in funds.

The official Twitter accounts of several high-profile users—including Elon Musk, Bill Gates, and Joe Biden—were all briefly hacked today to promote a Bitcoin scam.

Late this afternoon, Twitter accounts belonging to several cryptocurrency platforms—including Coinbase, Gemini, and Binance—were briefly taken over to encourage users to donate Bitcoin to a digital wallet.

The mysterious culprits then took over the accounts of numerous celebrities, including Barack Obama, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, and Kanye West, to further promote the scam. “I am giving back to my community due to Covid-19! All Bitcoin sent to my address below will be sent back doubled. If you send $1,000, I will send back $2,000!” the tweets read. "
Maybe the Russians did that.

I know theft and swindle are terrible things but it's refreshing to see open and direct core values ($) once again instead of the hackers making nauseating political noise.

Imagine how much information can be accessed now - a message to the individuals involved that their DMs are compromised, and to Twitter employees that they personally can be targeted. A message that reads roughly "We own you." I would be wary of narratives that paint organic "hackers" as emerging out of the blue and succeding in something like this without help or deeper motivation. Power play.

Maybe I spoke to soon, some people are suspecting that this is a staged event to implicate message boards (these 'chans' along with forums and IRC channels are where the free speech is online IMHO).

Apparently, people were having a very public discussion about this very hack yesterday: https: // archive .4plebs .org /pol/ thread/ 267989181 (you can take out the spaces if you want to see it for yourself)

-----------------

Tampa teen accused of being ‘mastermind’ behind Twitter hack that targeted high-profile accounts
-------------

STEP 1 - retrieve information

STEP 2 - claim a hack then scrub, compile and orchestrate source of hack

AND IF YOU NEED MORE CREDIBILITY:

STEP 3 - Accuse those accusing you of wrongdoing based on information that was "hacked by you" for associating with the hackers you designated at fault for hack.

Consider steps above used by all 'claimed' hacks by government, media and/or corporations

Back
Top Bottom