Twin Peaks

Adaryn

The Living Force
beau said:
I would recommend watching some David Lynch if you haven't yet. Particularly the TV series Twin Peaks or the movie Blue Velvet. Also American Beauty comes to mind. These are stories about "the perfect neighborhood in Anytown USA" but underneath the seemingly quaint atmosphere you find all kinds of nasty things going on with the people that live there.
Since Lynch is mentionned, I'd recommend all his films in general, cause they all more or less deal with the reality beneath the polished surface, the madness of people under the appearances of a calm and straight life . Mulholland Drive shows the other side of the Hollywood glamorous dream. Lost highway is good too.
And in another way, Elephant man also deals with appearances - the only real Human being in the film being the less human looking. It's a very beautiful film, but you'll cry a lot (for those having not seen it yet).

I recently watched Twin peaks again- its a little master piece and Blue Velvet is one of my favourites of all times

Yes, Twin Peaks is a show that I overlooked for quite a while. Alternate realities, cold-blooded psychopaths, doppelgangers, spirit possessions, and this along with the David Lynch imagery, it is a hidden gem. Too bad it never got a proper ending...

Anyone who hasnt seen this needs to!
Awesome series in my opinion.
I dont want to say what its about because it will spoil it.
I was looking for a thread on this film, and their isnt one so thought i would start one.
David Lynch KNOWS. :)

Sorry cant write review because in all honesty im pretty crap at english.

great :thup:
I never heard of that film/series, but I'm a fan of mystery film's/series.(I loved Akte X)
I'm currently watching the movie....

Just wanted to add a warning. I saw the series years ago when I was a teenager...I don't remember much about it (other than it was quite interesting in places?) but I do remember it was incredibly gruesome (for a 90's TV series) in places.
To surmise what I remember....a seminal murder mystery/thriller....with a whiff of mysticism. Perhaps a little like an early version of an x-files episode.

a brilliant tv-show which i can highly recommend.

and i don't think it was that gruesome. but it was definitely creepy! :D

kyle maclachlan gives the performance of a lifetime as the ever-likable agent cooper

Iconoclast said:

kyle maclachlan gives the performance of a lifetime as the ever-likable agent cooper

Guess its a subjective thing....their was one particular scene I remember involving someone in a glass box with spikes above them....that wouldn't have been out of place in something like the saw movies. But I was younger and the 'gruesomeness' was probably more implied (and in my imagination) than actually shown. I was always pretty sensitive to stuff like that when I was younger.

Iconoclast said:

Hes brilliant in it, and i love his Boss who has a hard time hearing.

Twin Peaks is great! It's got a little bit of everything: soap opera dynamics, humor, murder mystery, small town charm, and the paranormal! Lynch definitely has an intuitive grasp on HD influences. At least that's the way I saw it while watching. Lynch is great with mystery. He shows, but never tells.

RedFox said:
Iconoclast said:

Guess its a subjective thing....their was one particular scene I remember involving someone in a glass box with spikes above them....that wouldn't have been out of place in something like the saw movies. But I was younger and the 'gruesomeness' was probably more implied (and in my imagination) than actually shown. I was always pretty sensitive to stuff like that when I was younger.

hmmm... i've seen the whole series at least twice and i can't remember this scene at all... maybe you are confusing it with something else. or my memory isn't as good as i think it is.
but there are some distressing situations, especially after "W.E." appears on the scene and the stuff with the white/black lodge.

btw, the hard of hearing superior is lynch himself! (in a most hilarious turn)

Being new to Lynch's films i didnt realise he was coopers boss. Excellent! :cool2:

After also watching MullHolland Drive, im a big fan of his now. Only today i bought Blue Velvet, Lost Highway, and Eraserhead. Cant wait to watch them.

^ I also cant remember that scene.

Iconoclast said:
RedFox said:
Iconoclast said:

hmmm... i've seen the whole series at least twice and i can't remember this scene at all... maybe you are confusing it with something else. or my memory isn't as good as i think it is.
but there are some distressing situations, especially after "W.E." appears on the scene and the stuff with the white/black lodge.

btw, the hard of hearing superior is lynch himself! (in a most hilarious turn)

You know....I wondered that when I posted it. I'd always thought it was part of twin peaks, but perhaps it was something else on at the same time and I'd tuned back to the wrong channel after the advert break?? How odd... :huh:
I'll have to check it out on DVD as I really don't remember much of it.

All of the side characters in Twin Peaks are pretty amazing and IMO this is what makes Twin Peaks so special,

one of my favorites - the log lady :)
16801518.jpg

and of course Andy and lucy - hypersensitive cop and receptionist with squeaky voice :)
finderscreensnapz031.jpg

the most haunting image from the series was the miget from agent Cooper's dream dancing on the psychedelic pattern floor and talking backwards which sounded like Swedish :)
87260928.jpg

Back
Top Bottom