Turmeric Balls

monotonic said:
I've taken the turmeric with black pepper the last two days and there is no obvious positive difference.
I don't think you would feel a difference. The benefits are more long term and would involve bad things not happening. It's not going to make you feel energized or anything.

The turmeric does improve my mood noticeably, which is the reason I'm taking it. Perhaps this is not related to the compound that is boosted by the black pepper.

One could also mix a half-teaspoon of turmeric with some ground black pepper together with cocoa powder and coconut oil -- you would have a paste that you could then dilute with hot water. Then add some xylitol and salt to taste, and you have a nice cocoa drink with added benefit of turmeric. If you're okay with coconut milk, you could add a bit of that to make it smoother. Also, if you had the black pepper in a powder form that would be a little better as the grounds tend to fall to the bottom.

Mr. Premise posted an updated version of this recipe in Iodine and Potassium Iodide thread (slightly edited):

Ingredients
- 2/3 cup tumeric powder
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 5 one gram quercetin capsules
- black pepper in a grinder
- 16 drops of Stevia extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ca. 6 tablespoons coconut oil

Mr. Premise said:
In a mixing bowl put in 2/3 cup turmeric powder, two tablespoons ground ginger, two teaspoons ground cinnamon, the contents of 5 one gram quercetin capsules, and sixty grinds of black pepper (in other words take a pepper grinder and turn it sixty times). Then add about 16 drops of Stevia extract and maybe an eighth of a teaspoon salt. The salt and the sweetener help with the bitterness. Stir the mixture well. Then add enough coconut oil to make a nice paste, maybe six tablespoons, but better too much than too little. Mix the coconut oil in with a fork. I then put the mixture in the microwave for a minute or so, but you can heat it on low heat in a saucepan. Apparently cooking the turmeric helps it become bioavailable. I don't cook it too long, just enough to get hot. Then I pour it in a container and refrigerate it until hard, then break it into pieces.

Further hints from this thread:
They will have to stay refrigerated or they will melt. The salt and the stevia should help with the bitterness, also leaving out the cinnamon.

index.php

For supplements I use the lazy method of mixing everything together in a powder and just chugging it with water. Recently I tried breaking open my milk thistle+dandelion+licorice capsules and adding them to my usual mixture of turmeric, NAC, magnesium glycinate and vitamin C. I noticed that this addition actually did a good job of calming down the bite of the turmeric. So that's an idea if you want to experiment.

Just received this free small ebook form GreenInfo.

For those interested.

Attachments

• QuickStart_Turmeric_2.0.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 30
Gandalf said:

For those interested.

Thank you so much for sharing, Gandalf.
I downloaded it and browsed through, and there are a lot of helpful tips how to use turmeric (that is always present in my kitchen and probably my favorite spice).

Gandalf said:
I always combine my tumeric (1 tea spoon) with black pepper and oil(olive, coconut, avocado....) to have a better lasting effect on my body. I have been doing that for quite a while and last time I passed a blood test, my C-Reactive protein test was very very low (supposed to determine the inflammation in our body)

How much black pepper do you add, and how much coconut oil would be sufficient? Because I want to make this :)

zhenqing said:
Gandalf said:

For those interested.

Thank you so much for sharing, Gandalf.
I downloaded it and browsed through, and there are a lot of helpful tips how to use turmeric (that is always present in my kitchen and probably my favorite spice).

Gandalf said:
I always combine my tumeric (1 tea spoon) with black pepper and oil(olive, coconut, avocado....) to have a better lasting effect on my body. I have been doing that for quite a while and last time I passed a blood test, my C-Reactive protein test was very very low (supposed to determine the inflammation in our body)

How much black pepper do you add, and how much coconut oil would be sufficient? Because I want to make this :)

Black pepper : I would say something between 1/8 to 1/4 of a tea spoon.
Coconut oil : 3 to 5 table spoon.

But, I must say that I eat that with my 2 eggs and bacon every morning.

I was making those turmeric balls, dropping one in my coffee each morning. Good!

Back
Top Bottom