Tucker Carlson interviews & ideologies

luc

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Didn't know where this would fit, but I recently watched the Tucker Carlson interview by Ben Shapiro:

I found it very interesting for a variety of reasons. I really like Tucker. I certainly don't agree with everything he says, but as far as I'm concerned, he has a great heart and soul that really shine through. Tellingly, he's also been harassed by a leftist mob recently (or rather, his family was, at his house!). I haven't read it yet, but he has also published a book called "Ship of Fools: How a Selfish Ruling Class Is Bringing America to the Brink of Revolution".

What I like about Tucker is that he's so unideological in many ways. On certain issues, he's pretty left, on others, pretty conservative - he just seems to sincerely want the best for people, ideologies be damned. And this seems to me a much better and much more reality-based "mode of thinking" than following this or that ideology.

Maybe ideologies of all kinds are a major (if not the major) obstacle towards spiritual progress in our realm. It's pretty obvious how ideological possession can turn people into complete demons if we look at the SJW left, but it can be more subtle as well. And I think a good example of this are a few moments during the interview that made the contrast between ideological and non-ideological thinking apparent - Ben Shapiro being the ideological guy here.

For example, Shapiro seems to buy into "libertarian" or free-market ideology. I mean, I have much sympathy for many of those ideas, general skepticism towards the nanny state, over-regulation and so on. But Tucker put it well when he indirectly accused Shapiro of spitting out "talking points" - that's a big red flag: once we start uttering "talking points", we are not thinking and engaged in conversation; we are just avatars for an ideology and completely robotic. Just one example from the interview was when Shapiro talked about how he would have opposed the antitrust laws passed against Rockefeller - I mean seriously? Maybe this was right back then, maybe not, but you can't just decide such complex issues based on "my ideology tells me this"!

It's kind of like Collingwood said, if I remember correctly: each historical fact has an infinite depth; you can't just come up with an abstract theory and weave this non-existing construct around like a hammer. There's way too much complexity and connectedness and depth even to seemingly simple matters for that. The only way is to start from your soul, and then hard-work your way through it, always ready to let the greater reality dictate your actions rather than some fancy theory.

Perhaps the major danger for the "right" or "conservatives" right now, when it comes to ideological possession, is the arrogant idea that if you have it good, it's only because of your brilliance and hard work. That's simply not true - from the genetic rolling of the dice to pure chance, there are a great many factors that determine one's success in life. If people become too identified with these things, they open themselves up to subtle ideological possession that turns their hearts to stone and makes them slaves to some abstract concepts that are completely divorced from the richness of reality and human experience.

Anyway, just some thoughts I had after watching this interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ben Shapiro badly exposed himself in a recent interviewed with the BBC's Andrew Neil...

And he's part of 'the intellectual dark web'??

God help us!

That was sooo arrogant, lame and... triggered!

I recently watched Shapiro's interview with Andrew Yang, and while as always Shapiro made some good points (and asked some excellent questions), there were quite a few comments he made that I thought were so lacking in empathy and arrogant. You know, I don't care about people suffering and dying, it's their own fault, free markets are more important than those losers! Bring on creative destruction! I mean, even if you agree with some of such ideas, he just came across as off and in love with himself at times. I'm with Tucker Carlson on these things: markets need to serve people. And you gotta have empathy with those people who suffer greatly from the globalized economy and the incompetency of our leaders. Yang seems to have that kind of empathy, whereas Shapiro seems so full of himself that he thinks if he can fly high in New York, why don't those losers on the countryside do the same when their communities tank? Didn't go down well with me.

[...]there were quite a few comments he made that I thought were so lacking in empathy and arrogant. You know, I don't care about people suffering and dying, it's their own fault, free markets are more important than those losers!

I'm not really surprised about Shapiro. He seems to suffer from "I can think and talk so fast, I'm so witty and sharp, therefore I'm a morally and intellectually superior person/thinker". A couple of months ago I watched a show from him; what struck me the most was his repeated sayings to the effect of "most if not all people out there are dumb as bread and you have to know that and be aware of it".

I think it could be summarized as follows, since Milo seems to exhibit similar traits:

And when in comes down to Milos alleged smartness, I would suggest that there are quite a number of people out there who were gifted by nature with similar fast cognitive abilities that translate very quickly into a fairly articulate and fast speaking mouth. People who are gifted with such fast articulate mouthy abilities often think they are superior and smarter than others simply because they can engage verbally with others so fast and have a smart answer right away for everything in a matter of split seconds. I think viewing such people as "outstanding", "smart" and "leader like" is a trend that is very common in our society and is a big part of the reason why Milo is so successful and famous. And the funny thing is that Milo likely just never had to do any serious work to get to this articulate fast mouth stage in the first place. I would suggest that this was always a very easy thing for him that came form nature. Maybe part of the reason why many view him as smart, is because the majority can't do this and have to think rather deeply and long before they can say something useful. So viewing this as smart and something to look up to just in itself, is somewhat beyond me.

And when it comes to his view on Israel and so on, this is just one point that goes to show that he isn't as smart as he thinks.

Last edited:
I'm not really surprised about Shapiro. He seems to suffer from "I can think and talk so fast, I'm so witty and sharp, therefore I'm a morally and intellectually superior person/thinker". A couple of months ago I watched a show from him; what struck me the most was his repeated sayings to the effect of "most if not all people out there are dumb as bread and you have to know that and be aware of it".

I think it could be summarized as follows since Milo seems to exhibit similar traits.
I get the same impression. Have just now finished reading of Milo's speech from Berlin. I won't repost it here since it would be off-topic but I would not be surprised if people like him would sooner or later be caught off by PTBs to join the power structure and play their role in attracting certain segment of population. And, because of their mentioned narcissism, they might not even notice it. Another thing is that Milo could have been installed and popularized as part of the game by the puppet masters from the beginning.

Thanks, Luc, for that comment on Tucker and the video. Tucker does seem to be a person who genuinely wants to see through the curtain.

He seems to suffer from "I can think and talk so fast, I'm so witty and sharp, therefore I'm a morally and intellectually superior person/thinker".

Yeah, I think that's it in a nutshell. That's actually a rather common ailment, although to different degrees.

There are Fast Thinkers, and then there are Deep Thinkers. Give me a deep one over a fast one any day.

When confronted with someone who is a Deep Thinker, Fast Thinkers tend to blast right over what the DT is saying. It seems to me that it's very difficult for a FT to accept what a DT is saying because by their very nature, FT's have a more limited ability to pause, reflect, consider the details, revise their views/thoughts, and then carry on.

I guess that's kind of the difference between having lots of knowledge, and having lots of Being.

I lost interest in Shapiro some time ago because I couldn't find anything of value to learn from (The videos "shapiro destroys X" are funny but no more than that). One could see the shalowness of thought in a discussion with Jordan Peterson and Eric Weinstein (both "capitalists" concerned with the fate and wellbeing of others), where both are willing to revise and refine their views whereas Shapiro apparently wasn't. And like mentioned above, it's fast but not deep, black and white, and sometimes automaton like. Also, there is a sort of, if not pathological thinking, Darwinian thinking (which is similar one would argue). OSIT

I lost interest in Shapiro some time ago because I couldn't find anything of value to learn from (The videos "shapiro destroys X" are funny but no more than that). One could see the shalowness of thought in a discussion with Jordan Peterson and Eric Weinstein (both "capitalists" concerned with the fate and wellbeing of others), where both are willing to revise and refine their views whereas Shapiro apparently wasn't. And like mentioned above, it's fast but not deep, black and white, and sometimes automaton like. Also, there is a sort of, if not pathological thinking, Darwinian thinking (which is similar one would argue). OSIT

Yeah, I don't really understand Shapiro's giant following. He comes across rather smug to me.

That was sooo arrogant, lame and... triggered!

I recently watched Shapiro's interview with Andrew Yang, and while as always Shapiro made some good points (and asked some excellent questions), there were quite a few comments he made that I thought were so lacking in empathy and arrogant. You know, I don't care about people suffering and dying, it's their own fault, free markets are more important than those losers! Bring on creative destruction! I mean, even if you agree with some of such ideas, he just came across as off and in love with himself at times. I'm with Tucker Carlson on these things: markets need to serve people. And you gotta have empathy with those people who suffer greatly from the globalized economy and the incompetency of our leaders. Yang seems to have that kind of empathy, whereas Shapiro seems so full of himself that he thinks if he can fly high in New York, why don't those losers on the countryside do the same when their communities tank? Didn't go down well with me.

I agree, while I respect Ben Shapiro's intellect and his ability to ask some excellent questions, he always has that air of arrogance around him, and lacks empathy when dealing with subjects that aren't and shouldn't be totally black and white. Here is a clip of of him saying he feels empathy/compassion is dumb. It's great that you've mentioned Andrew Yang, it's totally refreshing to see a democrat who actually talks about issues like the impact of automation on global economy issues and Universal Basic Income. Although I don't agree with all of his ideas, his proposed solutions do come off as compassionate and genuine for all of humanity. We all know global corporate giants like Netflix and Amazon don't pay a dime in taxes because of the way current tax laws are structured, and he's one of the few candidates running that questions these issues and proposes what could be done about them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shapiro has done pretty good job in some of those interviews where he is the host, by giving platform to more objective ideas and people (like Stephen C. Meyer and Andrew Yang for example). But he clearly has some huge sacred cows, and perhaps those unhealthy identifications -mainly his zealous pro-Israel stance- explains also his behavior. He presents himself as a rude, angry and uncreative snowflake in that BBC interview.

Thanks, Luc, for that comment on Tucker and the video. Tucker does seem to be a person who genuinely wants to see through the curtain.

In case you have missed it, this is one hell of a brilliant rant by Tucker (IMO) - well worth the 15 minutes:

Yeah, I don't really understand Shapiro's giant following. He comes across rather smug to me.

Well, he can be incredibly witty and funny when attacking postmodern leftist nonsense. But at this point, it's really just cheap entertainment. I much prefer a Peterson who genuinely cares about people, listens carefully and thinks deep. He actually helps people, whereas Shapiro is just good for some click bait and leaves you with a bad vibe after you watched some of his stuff. The smugness and arrogance are so strong it's mind-boggling.

Ben Shapiro badly exposed himself in a recent interviewed with the BBC's Andrew Neil...

And he's part of 'the intellectual dark web'??

God help us!
You gotta love the witty remark at the end:

“Thank you mr. Shapiro for showing us that anger isn’t part of the American political discourse” xD

I myself have never been a fan of Shapiro, he seems to win conversations by throwing quick articulated punches, he seems like the kid who truly memorized all the rules of a game and constantly calls them ahead of time to claim victory on technicalities, instead of playing the game (I hope that makes sense). He seems to be the embodiment of what Jordan Peterson calls the arrogance of the intellect, he’s so intelligent (and dumb at the same time) that he managed to convince himself of how correct he is, thus how wrong everyone else is. And it’s easy to see, look at how he reacts when a contradiction is pointed out to him about his own words, whether out of context or not, it doesn’t matter, he should be mature enough to handle it as an adult, he isn’t and he didn’t.

This is a repost from the Trump threat. It seems like Tucker Carlson, unwittingly I would suggest, has gotten to a point, in which he could have a significant positive influence on what Trump does.

I've recently watched the following extensive interview with Tucker Carlson in which he mentions a number of interesting details about who Trump is, how he operates, his makeup and his close relationship with him. The video was mentioned before elsewhere. It starts at 15:15:

A couple of interesting points Carlson makes, which might give us a better clue on Trump (if what he says is true of course, which I tend to think so):

- Tucker Carlson says "Oh, I know [Trump] well..."

- Tucker says he knows Trump for about 20 years

- Tucker says Trump is not the guy (or sort of person) that comes to Washington and transforms the system because "he is not capable of that and not interested in that" since Washington:
"is a very specific town" that has for example "a highly complex legislative process" that Trump "doesn't understand and doesn't seek to understand". "He is not going to be the guy who runs these nine policies and then effects them ones elected; get's them to the congress, gets them to the agencies etc., because he can't... That's not his role... It is very frustrating actually if you are from DC like me to watch that, [because] you are like: "Wow, wait a second, get the energy department under control!" Not gonna happen... There are three million executive branch employees versus Trump, ok [do you understand?]...[...] But I'm just saying that, look, the permanent class in DC (and I live right in the center of them), [...] they hat Trump because he is a threat to them. But why do they hate him? They hate him, not because he is a right-winger (he is hardly a right-winger actually), they hate him because he is the guy who says the obvious things...

- Tucker mentions a story in regard to the last bolted part in the Quote above, of when he went to Helsinki [the famous Putin-Trump meeting] and interviewed Trump, that something "crystallized in him at that point in time" that "he will never forget" in regard to understanding Trump and why many powerful people hate him (and not just powerful ones) when something happened during that interview off camera when he asked Trump a question:

"I said something like; "Sir can I ask you something about NATO?" and [Trump] goes; "Why do we have NATO?!" And for someone who is like a cold war kid [as I am], I was like [speaking to myself in the head]; "Why, well I like NATO." Then [Trump says]: "You know the Soviet Union fell in 1991, wasn't the point of NATO to keep them from invading Western Europe? But they [the Soviet Union] don't exist anymore! Why do we still have them?"

And I'm trying to search for a good answer [in my head] and I couldn't find one!... And so Trump then [goes on to] repeat that [statement/question] in public and everyone is like; "Well [what the heck!?], shut up! [toward Trump], what are you working for, Putin [or what]?"

And I thought [to myself], this is what Trump does; he comes in, in his kind of autistic way, and asks the obvious questions at the core of whatever the issue is, which is the one question everyone has been avoiding because they don't have the answer to it... So like [Carlson mentions some of the core question Trump has brought to public attention at this point in the interview], well, why do we sign a trade agreement and let the other signatories ignore the terms? Why do we have a border?

So these [and other questions] are not complicated questions, they are very obvious questions, but because they are unanswered and unanswerable in some cases, they expose sort of the mediocrity of our ruling class... It is like they actually don't know what they are doing is the truth...

I would highly recommend watching that segment and what follows after it. I'll stop there for the moment, but Carlson has a lot of interesting things to say after that point about Trump and the ruling class as well.

What strikes me as particularly fascinating is Carlson's assessment on how Trump thinks and speaks in a kind of autistic/childish curiosity kind of way. Trump seems to posses some kind of ability to ask obvious core questions a normal decent human being would ask, in a childishly open and curious way, to find out the real answers to it, with not many assumptions and preconceived notions put into the questions and without fear of public embarrassment to ask them. That might be a core pillar that makes Trump so unique and very dangerous to the ruling class, who have a completely different psychopathic makeup.

That sort of brings me to another pretty interesting video in which Jimmy Dore sort of breaks down how maybe Tucker Carlson himself (and people like him) are for Trump the sources he seeks out to get advice from, in regards to pressing questions, like the one about starting a war with Iran. It could very well be that Carlson himself was the one who in the final analysis persuaded Trump to not listen to his notorious national security advisers in regards to Iran:

Back
Top Bottom