truthaction.org

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
See this thread:

_http://truthaction.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2434

Here is the WHOIS info (obviously people who don't want other people to know who they are):

Domain ID:D136712733-LROR
Domain Name:TRUTHACTION.ORG
Created On:06-Jan-2007 21:55:13 UTC
Last Updated On:08-Nov-2007 05:34:18 UTC
Expiration Date:06-Jan-2009 21:55:13 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)
Registrant ID:GODA-026613132
Registrant Name:Registration Private
Registrant Organization:Domains by Proxy, Inc.
Registrant Street1:DomainsByProxy.com
Registrant Street2:15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Scottsdale
Registrant State/Province:Arizona
Registrant Postal Code:85260
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.4806242599
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:+1.4806242599
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:TRUTHACTION.ORG@domainsbyproxy.com
Admin ID:GODA-226613132
Admin Name:Registration Private
Admin Organization:Domains by Proxy, Inc.
Admin Street1:DomainsByProxy.com
Admin Street2:15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Scottsdale
Admin State/Province:Arizona
Admin Postal Code:85260
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.4806242599
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:+1.4806242599
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:TRUTHACTION.ORG@domainsbyproxy.com
Tech ID:GODA-126613132
Tech Name:Registration Private
Tech Organization:Domains by Proxy, Inc.
Tech Street1:DomainsByProxy.com
Tech Street2:15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Scottsdale
Tech State/Province:Arizona
Tech Postal Code:85260
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.4806242599
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:+1.4806242599
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:TRUTHACTION.ORG@domainsbyproxy.com
Name Server:NS43.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server:NS44.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Wow, looking at that thread you can see a classic case of cointelpro at work. You take a couple of determined libelists (it is pretty obvious who they are in that thread) that use all kinds of manipulative tricks to convince people that they are correct, without backing anything up with any evidence or relevant data (they do throw out a lot of links and "data", none of which actually has anything to do with supporting their libelous claims), and a cold persistence to ridicule and continue using the word "cult" and continue to repeat the same lies and manipulation over and over, and it's a pretty standard formula.

Then contrast it with normal people who, for the most part, aren't just swallwing everything those guys are saying. Sure they are skeptical and think that the concepts presented on this site are pretty "out there", but they are resisting the baseless accusations and demonization tactics nevertheless. It helps that at least one person is aware of the site and, as anyone who is aware of these sites and how they work is dumbfounded by those libelous accusations in terms of how far they are from reality.

The sad thing is, you can't argue with someone who has no use for logic or data, who is determined to lie and demonize because that was the goal to begin with. People try to argue or correct their nonsense in hopes that maybe those are just misinformed or confused individuals, completely failing to consider that it is an intentional defamation op they are doing, not due to some personal "confusion" or "misunderstanding" on their part.

The "normal" people involved in the thread (not part of the cointelpro group) think the idea that most of the "truth movement" is COINTELPRO is a whacky idea, even if they do not suppot baseless libelous attacks on this website. But the irony here is that they themselves are right now interacting with exactly that which they don't think exists, the very deliberate COINTELPRO that permeates the "truth movement". It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

And so, due to this blindness, they are failing to address the problem effectively, and play right into the hands of those guys by even attempting to "make them see the error of their ways" with some attempt to reason with them. Just another example of how knowledge protects and ignorance endangers.

But hey, as long as they spell all the names right..

sao said:
Exactly. After all, you are nobody if you don't have at least a dozen people attacking you! My stock just keeps going up!

ScioAgapeOmnis said:
That's right, might as well ride the irrelevant google search results bandwagon.

I've seen a couple of threads on the forum talking about how people are accusing you guys of being a cult and such. Personally, I'm quite sure its total bullsh*t, but you guys better be careful nonetheless. Once the gov't (NWO, PTB, whatever) labels you a cult they tend to take somewhat drastic actions, especially in the case of this web site where so much critical information is being disbursed and discussed. I'd hate to see this site taken out, so you guys watch your six k?

Tical1207 said:
I've seen a couple of threads on the forum talking about how people are accusing you guys of being a cult and such.
Hi, you may find that there are a lot more than just a few threads, and it is mainly the work of the same group of "people" that are running around the internet creating entire defamation campaigns against this site.

Tical1207 said:
Personally, I'm quite sure its total bullsh*t, but you guys better be careful nonetheless.
Can you elaborate on what you mean by "be careful"? With regards to what?

Tical1207 said:
Once the gov't (NWO, PTB, whatever) labels you a cult they tend to take somewhat drastic actions, especially in the case of this web site where so much critical information is being disbursed and discussed.
Thanks for the warning, of what actions do you speak? If you choose to read this forum and its accompanying sites you may see that all sorts of "actions" have been taken in many ways since this site's creation. But you live and learn, and whatever doesn't kill you, really does make you stronger.

Tical1207 said:
I'd hate to see this site taken out, so you guys watch your six k?
Me too. The only way we know how to watch our six is by learning about all the various things that can happen to our six. In other words, knowledge protects. Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum. If you're planning to stick around, you may wish to read up on Vincent Bridges and friends - this is the main group that is creating all those defamation websites and running around internet forums spewing all kinds of nonsense. Read about how they got involved and what is causing them to be so peeved off here:

http://www.cassiopaea.com/archive/most.htm
http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/mirror.htm

Also, to get acquainted with the material of this website, I'd recommend to start with the Wave and the Adventure series on the main page, www.cassiopaea.org

Basically, the website really speaks for itself. There is no need to "defend ourselves" by any kind of arguments directly with those guys because anyone even remotely interested in truth will try to verify those accusations for themselves, and when they actually see the material on this website and the scientific approach here, that question will answer itself. Unless they come with the assumption that the subjects that are scientifically researched here are too "taboo" to even research, but then, so was researching airplanes before anyone believed heavier-than-air flight was possible, or anything that has ever been researched before it was known or understood! It's all about the approach of questioning everything and believing/assuming nothing.

That thread reads like a Monty Python skit.

Student: I'm here for argument lessons.
Teacher: No you're not.
Student: Yes I am.
Teacher: No you're not.

Not a bit of it actually makes sense. They have copied and pasted text from a web site that describes how cults work, but not one thing they claim about SOTT or Laura has anything to do with the quoted text. I ran across that very same text in the same context when I first started reading SOTT. There was nothing mysterious about that. I'd done a search to find out more information about this group because what I was reading was so very different from anything else I'd ever read.

After an initial bit of shock, where I actually was thinking that maybe they were a cult, I tried connecting the dots presented to me. None of them connected. Clue number one that I'd stumbled on something very unique and special was the amount of material Laura had posted for free and how open she was about telling it exactly the way she saw it, even if that meant saying things that at first blush seemed crazy. Clue number two was this kind of bumbling attempt to defame her and everything the SOTT group is doing. No one bothers with this kind of slander without a good reason.

So, while that thread might turn away the gullible, naive and soundly asleep, it is almost a service to those of us who are really seeking the truth.

What really irritates me about people who accuse SOTT of being a cult, is their completely flawed, ignorant and just plain stupid equation of "SOTT accepts donations and sells books, hence it must be a cult". Someone on the truthaction.org forum made such an inference, and it really defies belief. I mean, commercial websites take money from advertisers ALL THE TIME, and they aren't considered cults! What on earth is the matter with keeping advertisers out of the picture (and thus, keeping the content of SOTT completely free and unbiased), and instead accepting donations and book sales in order to fund the continued research and Website maintenance of the site??? Numerous sites on the Web accept donations, and there's usually a genuine reason for it -- it's costly and a lot of hard work is involved! In any case, the vast majority of the information in the published books is actually available online on the Cassiopaea site.

Third_Density_Resident said:
What really irritates me about people who accuse SOTT of being a cult, is their completely flawed, ignorant and just plain stupid equation of "SOTT accepts donations and sells books, hence it must be a cult". Someone on the truthaction.org forum made such an inference, and it really defies belief. I mean, commercial websites take money from advertisers ALL THE TIME, and they aren't considered cults! What on earth is the matter with keeping advertisers out of the picture (and thus, keeping the content of SOTT completely free and unbiased), and instead accepting donations and book sales in order to fund the continued research and Website maintenance of the site??? Numerous sites on the Web accept donations, and there's usually a genuine reason for it -- it's costly and a lot of hard work is involved! In any case, the vast majority of the information in the published books is actually available online on the Cassiopaea site.
Keenan said:
chrisc said:
Quote:

They tell you that they are not a cult

Ahah! That proves it!
Of course it doesn't prove it but it's exactly what you would expect them to say, it's just one bit of evidence amoung loads of evidence...
So he means that IF a group says its a cult then thats evidence that its not. I wonder if you use this rule anywere else; "Im not hungry!" - Oh so you are hungry.

I dont konw if this helps but more information is seldom bad to have.

This is a tool to see what other sites are hosted on that IP.
_http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/web-sites-on-web-server/ "truthaction.org" (get 400+ results)

Wonder if that is the same Keenan as has been on this forum (wouldn't be surprising if it is, I suppose) http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=4142.msg27512#msg27512

anart said:
Wonder if that is the same Keenan as has been on this forum
Could be, the question would be then what is he doing on that website's forum? Seems odd that he would choose to sign up here then go over to a completely new and random 9/11 "truth" website when they are probably a lot of other better ones.

GRiM said:
So he means that IF a group says its a cult then thats evidence that its not. I wonder if you use this rule anywere else; "Im not hungry!" - Oh so you are hungry.
I know, that and along with the claim that because SOTT sells books and asks for donations and the QFS asks potential members to read some free online material, that that somehow proves, ipso facto, that we are a cult. It's so incredibly absurd it's hard to believe that people actually fall for it. Virtually every alt-newsite you go to asks for donations or pitches books by the site's hosts, I suppose that makes ALL of them cults. And to top it all off even the Truthaction.org site itself is ASKING for donations...guess that means they're part of the kool-aid drinking gang themselves. Un-flipping-believable.

There's something very 'neocon-ish' about the way they go after people they don't like. It reminds me of the run up to Bush's invasion of Iraq. Everything Saddam said PROVED he was lying and hiding WMDs and it was up to him to prove a negative which is in itself an impossible feat. These guys seem to follow that script word for word. Creepy, and probably an indicator of where these guy's are coming from.

I've checked out a couple of chrisc's posts to try to figure out what's the deal with this guy. First off, his profile has no information in it whatsoever while a lot of other people who have posted as much and more than he has, have some kind of info. He really seems to buy into the whole peak oil and global warming scams. Rather ironic that he blasts SOTT as a cult while he is himself, part of the Peak Oil and Global Warming cults himself. He definitely thinks the whole Iraq invasion is about oil and ONLY oil, he criticizes Petras for arguing the Israeli Lobby line. If I had to guess I'd say this chrisc guy was a devout follower of Mike Ruppert. No wonder he's got something against this site (I think he even cited the SOTT article on Ruppert). Considering that most people now, from us to David McGowan, have figured out that Ruppert is full of "it" and is either a cointelpro agent or worse doesn't seem to factor in with this guy. So he gets pissed at SOTT, does some perfunctory surfing to find dirt on SOTT and then launches a quick and easy mud-sling post that's half-assed and weak on proof, to say the least. There's something really disingenuous about this guy and his motive and it irritates me, I wish he'd just come out and admit why he dediced to do that quick, yet weak, smear job.

What is truly sad is that the thing that makes people believe inflammatory accusations about Sott et al is the very same thing that leads them to be used, abused and ultimately destroyed by their psychopathic leaders.

Most people have long since lost any ability to think for themselves. They have allowed themselves to become entirely dependent on "authority" for their daily dose of what is. The very simple idea that just MAYBE that authority does not have their best interests at heart appears to be beyond them.

And so it goes.

Joe

OPINMYND81 said:
He really seems to buy into the whole peak oil and global warming scams.
I have been looking into peak oil for a few years and have not concluded it to be a scam. I do however believe "man made global warming" is a manufactured meme to be used with regards to peak oil.

There are many misconceptions about peak oil and it sure doesn't mean we are going to run out of oil anytime soon. I will check out Ruppert some more on SOTT but the basic argument of a natural resource peaking and then entering a decline seems rather straight forward to me.

Several facts make a good argument we may be close to a permanent decline such as the US peaking as an oil province back in the 70's, offshore drilling, drilling in Alaska but the most damning evidence being what is going on in Alberta right now. I have seen it with my own eyes, it looks like...desperation. Once you understand how oil has infiltrated every aspect of our lives it should be cause for concern.

Anyway, that's my .02.

Pablo, before you decide, be sure check out David McGowan on peak oil:

http://www.davesweb.cnchost.com/nwsltr66.html
http://www.davesweb.cnchost.com/nwsltr70.html
http://www.davesweb.cnchost.com/nwsltr71.html

Plus numerous other links on his site about what a COINTELPRO idiot Mike Ruppert is.

McGowan acknowledges that oil production is decreasing he just thinks that it is a deliberate thing and has nothing to do with the availability of oil. He has great information on the abiotic oil side that the massive oil industry doesn't want promulgated.

Think about who gains from the whole Peak Oil thing.

pablonite said:
OPINMYND81 said:
He really seems to buy into the whole peak oil and global warming scams.
I have been looking into peak oil for a few years and have not concluded it to be a scam. I do however believe "man made global warming" is a manufactured meme to be used with regards to peak oil.

There are many misconceptions about peak oil and it sure doesn't mean we are going to run out of oil anytime soon. I will check out Ruppert some more on SOTT but the basic argument of a natural resource peaking and then entering a decline seems rather straight forward to me.

Several facts make a good argument we may be close to a permanent decline such as the US peaking as an oil province back in the 70's, offshore drilling, drilling in Alaska but the most damning evidence being what is going on in Alberta right now. I have seen it with my own eyes, it looks like...desperation. Once you understand how oil has infiltrated every aspect of our lives it should be cause for concern.

Anyway, that's my .02.

Back
Top Bottom