Truth Perspective with Henning Melber: Why Hammarskjold died and why it matters

Approaching Infinity

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
On the night of September 17, 1961, the second Secretary General of the United Nations, Dag Hammarskjold, was flying to a meeting in Northern Rhodesia to negotiate a possible resolution to the conflict in the newly independent Republic of the Congo. His flight never reached his final destination. The next day, the site of its crash was discovered just miles from the airport. 15 passengers, including Hammarskjold, were dead, and the only survivor died soon after. Written off as the result of pilot error by the official Rhodesian inquiry, the UN's own investigation did not come to any definite conclusions. Now, over 50 years later, new evidence has come to light that raises the distinct possibility that Hammarskjold's plane was attacked.

On this episode of the Truth Perspective, we will be discussing this evidence, Secretary General Hammarskjold, the circumstances of his death, and why it matters today. Joining us today is Dr. Henning Melber. Henning is Director Emeritus and Senior Advisor of the Dag Hammarskjöld Foundation in Uppsala; Senior Advisor to the Nordic Africa Institute; Extraordinary Professor at the Department of Political Sciences/University of Pretoria and the Centre for Africa Studies at the University of the Free State in Bloemfontein; and Senior Research Fellow with the Institute for Commonwealth Studies at the University of London. He has published several books, including Peace Diplomacy, Global Justice and International Agency. Rethinking Human Security and Ethics in the Spirit of Dag Hammarskjöld.

It's going to be a great show, so don't miss it! Saturday, 2 pm Eastern.

https://radio.sott.net/

It's going to be a great show, so don't miss it! Saturday, 2 pm Eastern.

Sounds fantastic. Dag Hammarskjold is one of those people I've wanted to learn more about. From what little I've read he sounds like a highly developed personality, taken out for his ability to influence and shape a more humane world order. A lot we can learn, I'm sure. Thank you, I'll be tuning in!

It really does matter.

Another amazing show with this fine interview with Henning. Thank you so much, Carolyn, Elan and Harrison.

As an aside, tried to join the chatters and there was no way to do this today.

voyageur said:
It really does matter.

Another amazing show with this fine interview with Henning. Thank you so much, Carolyn, Elan and Harrison.

As an aside, tried to join the chatters and there was no way to do this today.

Hmm, that's weird. Were you logged in, and did you try refreshing the page?

Approaching Infinity said:
Hmm, that's weird. Were you logged in, and did you try refreshing the page?

Yes, this is so on both counts.

It was noticed that perhaps there were eight + chatters today and usually there are many more - thought this might be related to what I was experiencing or, there were just less peeps today.

Saw this up on SOTT and it reminded me just how much Hammarskjold's death matters:

Activist: UN fosters 'culture of impunity' that enables horrible sexual assaults by peacekeepers

She accused the UN of creating a culture of impunity where the perpetrators never come to justice and are being released back to the community like there was no crime.

UN spokesman Stephane Dujarric said earlier that the UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon was "shocked to the core" over the allegations.

"Why in the world would Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon respond to these latest allegations with 'shock'?" Donovan wondered. "It doesn't shock any of us who's been following these stories for the past ten years."

She asserted that accusations by girls from the Central African Republic, which include such horrible abuses as forced bestiality, are the tip of the iceberg. In fact, UN peacekeepers commit similar crimes in other countries like Liberia or Democratic Republic of Congo, and there are not even hundreds but "thousands" of women and girls who say that "their only interaction with the United Nations has been transactional sex or forced sex by peacekeepers".

Compare this to Hammarskjold's vision and we see exactly why those slimy psychopathic pukes decided he 'had to go'.

I admit I didn't really know who Hammarskjold was, but after listening I have a much greater understanding of why his life and untimely and suspicious death matters. He tried to create a UN that actually lived up to its name and the ideals laid out in its charter, and that didn't sit with the PTB's plans for global hegemony. Thank you for the interview.

They think that killing people that are here to bring light we, normal people, will not see the light. They are wrong. Killing them bring more light, more knowledge, more intelligence and understanding about what is the darkness. Thanks to remind us how beautiful were these martyrs and how devil were those who killed them.

Back
Top Bottom