Treating scabies

jsf

Jedi Master
I searched about scabies on the forum and found nothing, so here is my story, maybe it can be useful for others.

It felt like this :

Jonathan: The fear is a big part of it, I've found that too. I think I've mentioned in the past on this show too. Last year I went through a bout of shingles. The way it happened, the way it cropped up, was, I got this weird hockey puck scar tissue feeling under the skin on the left side of my torso, and it started to itch. Then the little rash started to come out and I was thinking, "What in the hell is this?" So, I started to look it up and realised that it was shingles. And then I was like, 'here is a chance to try to treat something myself' and so I started looking into it. And everybody that I would talk to was like, "You've got to go to the hospital now!" and I said "No!" If it was something way more serious then maybe but its shingles, it's a virus, it results in flu like symptoms and really bad rashes, but it's not going to kill me. [...]

Jonathan: There are cases where shingles can be life threatening, especially to older people, elderly people, so every situation is in its own context and needs to be taken as such. But for me at that time it worked out. But the point I wanted to make was it was scary; I was actually scared. I was thinking, "Oh, shoot, this might turn out really bad." or "What's going to happen?" But I guess you need to have an exploratory attitude, I was like, "Let's just start looking it up", start researching the topic. And I think that's like what you said, a lot of people are really afraid to do that, they're thinking, "I'm not going to be able to learn about this". But you can.

Doug: It's like every ailment you have is actually a learning opportunity. It's a possibility to start researching, learn about it, and learn about yourself and all these different things. That's the kind of attitude you need to take, "OK, I'm being challenged here, life is challenging me, what can I learn from this?" Instead of being like, "Oh my god, I'm freaking out, I need to take a quick pill to take care of this."

http://www.sott.net/article/305911-The-Health-and-Wellness-Show-Alternative-Medicine-Overview

It wasn't shingles in my case but I was in the same state of mind- I'm obliged to accept this thing, so let's explore and look for the causes.

It lasted ten days, moreless. The first day it was only small pimples below the neck on the chest. It was itching in the night, before sleeping. I thought it was some kind of allergy or food problem. So I did nothing.

The second and third day, I had more and more pimples on the inner side of the arms. I didn't knew what to do with it and it was quite surprising, because with the keto diet, supplements, sauna etc I'm not used to be sick.

But after three days, I knew I had to find a solution. When I had pimples between the fingers, and intense itching in the night, I thought of scabies, because two months before my sister had it. It began actually four months before, with only little pimples between the fingers, and she took ivermectin/stromectol to treat it. It was not extended everywhere on the skin like in my case (more impressive and a little scary).

I did a quick search and found some essentials oils, but at the fourth and fifth day I had pimples everywhere. Back, feet, thighs, belly, chest, arms, and especially hands... The itching was intense and I couldn't sleep for a few nights.
So I had to do something about it. I thought that natural treatments would kill quickly the mites, but that was not all.

I did saunas, put DMSO, took salt bathes (releaving the itching), and had to do some research. I found that sulfur was used to treat scabies before antibiotics (sulfur thermal sources). So I tried a garlic paste along with essential oils. Eventually, I went to see the doctor and took ivermectin/stromectol, but nothing else. Some doctors say everyone in the family should take ivermectin/stromectol, some say that only ascabiol should be used on the skin.
Also there was a lot of contradictory infos, about what to do, what to clean in the house, the effect of heat and cold on the mites, and so one.
I read a lot of horror stories about families who couldn't get rid of it for months. I thought that during a social crisis without much medical aid, it would be awful.

I searched about natural immunity and why some people wouldn't be infected. I still don't know why. Also, there are epidemic cycles of 30/40 years that could imply an immunity. But apparently, if you had it once you can still have it again and again.

The days following the ivermectin, I had a lot of small blisters covering very large portions of the skin, especially on the hands. I thought it didn't worked and I took all the alternative treatments I could find :
- salt bath every day (I have not found epsom salts at that time)
- neem oil (mixed with macadamia and jojoba oil)
- fresh aloe vera
- liposomal vit. C + supplements (zinc, etc)
- bone broth
- essential oils : mainly tea tree and clove oil (+ ylang-ylang, orange, roman chamomile, lavender, lantana, blue tansy - I forgot lemon litsea). [mixed with the neem oil/macadamia base]
essential oil replaced ascabiol, which I thought could be dangerous.
- diatomaceous earth (i tried it once, but didn't found an easy way to use it).

Also, I washed my clothes and sheets at 60 degrees celsius everyday -, and changed my mattress.
After one week oiling myself constantly (to kill all the mites on the skin) I felt that I've learned my lesson and that the mites were not useful anymore. It is a very disturbing feeling to know that mites are creeping and laying eggs beneath your skin, I had enough of it.

I still don't know how I got it. My sister had it more than two months earlier, and no one else in the family had it. Two month is more than the average incubation period.
The doctors I saw told me that if someone is infected in a bus or train, and if you sit at the same place just after, you can be infected too.
Also, before the first pimples, I had a strange feeling of dread, like suddenly if someone was hiding and looking at me.
Anyway, I think the ivermectin/stromectol worked, but would had prefered to be able to treat it naturally. I just was fed up. But still, I didn't put ascabiol on my skin.

Now, ten days after the first pimples, the only thing I have is redness on my skin, which will be all gone in a few days.
I'm happy it was only scabies and not morgellons ! http://www.sott.net/article/234663-Morgellons-Disease-and-The-Quantum-Leap-of-Awareness
So, maybe that my story will help if any of you have the same thing - I hope not! It is not a serious illness, but it's still annoying and perhaps very annoying if it lasts long. Parasites are very nasty!

Forgot to say that real wasabi (not horseradish) in powder, could have helped.

Isothiocyanates of Sawa Wasabi and other crucifers are anti-inflammatory (Depree et al., 1998) and anti-asthmatic (Dorsch et al., 1984) agents. Depree et al. (1998) were so impressed with results when testing ITCs that they made the following statements: “The anti-inflammatory effects and inhibition of platelet aggregation by omega-methylthioalkyl isothiocyanates is perhaps of more interest given the rapid action of the compounds and the low levels at which they are effective.” This could potentially be used to counter inflammatory conditions such as allergies, asthma, eczema or even anaphylaxis.

_https://wasabi.org/articles/medical-uses-of-wasabia-japonica/

I also took shiitake.

jsf

Make a search if the entire forum and lots of entries will come up.

I had a case of scabies in 2014. I mistook them for bedbug bites. I was pretty infested by the time I went to the doctor because they were in areas I couldn't see - all along the back of my body. A Google search will bring up some really freaky images. I had been camping and also stay frequently at hotels because of my job. I don't know where i picked them up. No one else I knew had them and I was praying I hadn't infected anyone else I had contact with. It was mentally and emotionally and physically trumatic.

The good thing is they can't live without a human host for more than 36 hours. We left our house for 4 days. When we came back we ran all clothes and bedding through the sanitary cycle of the washer. Vacuumed thoroughly.

Some of the members will give advise about natural cures. I didn't want to waste any time getting rid of them, i was in such shock about it already. The doctor prescribed Permethrin Cream. It is not cheap - $90
for a one dose tube. You need to completely cover yourself from head to the bottoms of your feet and keep it on for atleast 8 hours. I went longer. I had three tubes prescribed but only filled two and used them both. I should have done all. After 6 months I was still seeing red spots appear, maybe 6-10 different places. I purchased the Hulda Clark zapper and did the 3 week parasite treatment. I think I am rid of them.

If I ever have a problem again, I will deal with it immediately!

good luck

Why Is Scabies Making a Recent Comeback?​

Story at a glance:
  • Scabies, caused by the human itch mite, leads to intense itching, rash and potentially serious secondary infections
  • Scabies has had a “continuously rising incidence worldwide in recent years”
  • Cream made from permethrin, a pyrethroid insecticide, is one of the most often recommended scabies treatments, but treatment failures, including drug resistance, are common
  • Two doses of ivermectin cleared scabies in 98% of those treated
  • Ivermectin isn’t being used as a first-line scabies treatment as widely as it should be, due to its widespread vilification during the COVID-19 pandemic

Attachments

• scabies-recent-comeback-pdf.pdf
    180.5 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom