OPENNESS 3

..Imagination 1
..ArtisticInterests 1
..Emotionality 32
..Adventurousness 12
..Intellect 29
..Liberalism 42

Laura said:
I think there is more to this than just being "confident people".

I think the behavioral characteristics listed in the original post may apply more for competent people. We instinctively assume that confidence comes from competence but that is not always true. Many confident people are not competent - examples abound in life and include the Dunning-Kruger effect. Conversely, not all competent people are perceived as confident by others; nor do they themselves feel more confident than others on average. Also, competent people generally seem to be more aware where confidence is warranted and where it is just hype.

Like others, before taking the test I did a quick 'blink' similar to Obyvatel's earlier in the thread. I came up with:

Extraversion: Low
Agreeableness: Above average
Conscientiousness: Above average
Neuroticism: Average
Openness to experience: Above average
And, as an overall: Average.

So, how did it pan out?
EXTRAVERSION 21
..Friendliness 1
..Gregariousness 1
..Assertiveness 58
..Activity Level 90
..Excitement-Seeking 49
..Cheerfulness 18
Your score on Extraversion is low, indicating you are introverted, reserved, and quiet. You enjoy solitude and solitary activities. Your socializing tends to be restricted to a few close friends.

Friendliness. Low scorers on Friendliness are not necessarily cold and hostile, but they do not reach out to others and are perceived as distant and reserved.

Gregariousnesss. Low scorers tend to feel overwhelmed by, and therefore actively avoid, large crowds. They do not necessarily dislike being with people sometimes, but their need for privacy and time to themselves is much greater than for individuals who score high on this scale.

As expected, reserved and quiet.

AGREEABLENESS 64
..Trust 1
..Morality 81
..Altruism 53
..Cooperation 86
..Modesty 87
..Sympathy 61
Your level of Agreeableness is average, indicating some concern with others' Needs, but, generally, unwillingness to sacrifice yourself for others.

Result is average as opposed to ‘blinked’ above average. The low trust is accurate - childhood experiences.
Trust. Persons low in trust see others as selfish, devious, and potentially dangerous.

CONSCIENTIOUSNESS 63
..Self-Efficacy 30
..Orderliness 83
..Dutifulness 84
..Achievement-Striving 41
..Self-Discipline 14
..Cautiousness 76
Your score on Conscientiousness is average. This means you are reasonably reliable, organized, and self-controlled.

Result is average as opposed to ‘blinked’ above average.

Self-Discipline. Those with low self-discipline procrastinate and show poor follow-through, often failing to complete tasks-even tasks they want very much to complete.
This is realistic, as of now.

NEUROTICISM 49
..Anxiety 32
..Anger 30
..Depression 67
..Self-Consciousness 95
..Immoderation 12
..Vulnerability 47
Your score on Neuroticism is average, indicating that your level of emotional reactivity is typical of the general population. Stressful and frustrating situations are somewhat upsetting to you, but you are generally able to get over these feelings and cope with these situations.

Immoderation. Low scorers do not experience strong, irresistible cravings and consequently do not find themselves tempted to overindulge.

As expected.

OPENNESS 5
..Imagination 1
..Artistic Interests 67
..Emotionality 1
..Adventurousness 56
..Intellect 26
..Liberalism 31
Your score on Openness to Experience is low, indicating you like to think in plain and simple terms. Others describe you as down-to-earth, practical, and conservative.

This is the one where I was furthest out, thinking that I was considerably more open than I actually am.

Imagination. Low scorers are on this scale are more oriented to facts than fantasy. Your level of imagination is low.
Emotionality. Low scorers are less aware of their feelings and tend not to express their emotions openly.

This is true.

So, overall pretty much as expected, except for the Openness.

obyvatel said:
Laura said:

I think the behavioral characteristics listed in the original post may apply more for competent people. We instinctively assume that confidence comes from competence but that is not always true. Many confident people are not competent - examples abound in life and include the Dunning-Kruger effect. Conversely, not all competent people are perceived as confident by others; nor do they themselves feel more confident than others on average. Also, competent people generally seem to be more aware where confidence is warranted and where it is just hype.

Yes, that appears to be the case. The term "confident" also reacted rather negatively in the minds of several readers; but my point was that there was something interesting in the constellation of traits that was more than "confidence". I even wonder why the author of the article selected "confidence" as the encompassing idea?

Your examples of wrong confidence are spot on, too. We also know that some types of psychopaths are just brimming with confidence. Of course, other types are the "pitiful manipulators" who can't do anything and say so often because that's how they slime their way through life. But the Dunning-Kruger types (often very narcissistic) are legion and we've all had an encounter with them.

So, the bottom line: competence - able to get on in life effectively and efficiently; impeccability in respect of energy and all that, AND fairness and decency within rational limits seems to be what these traits exemplify.

The results of the personality inventory paint me as the 'simple man'. I think that adequately sums me up at this point in my life. I'm pleased with the results, and can use them to better map out areas that I'd like to improve upon. Thank you for this insightful thread, and for sharing this.

My overall score was Extraversion 59, Agreeableness 68, Conscientiousness 94, Neuroticisim 62, and Openness 19. In order to get more insight into the results I've broken down the figures for each category and my highest and lowest subcategory as well:

EXTRAVERSION 59

..Friendliness 47
..Gregariousness 46
..Assertiveness 88
..Activity Level 98
..Excitement-Seeking 17
..Cheerfulness 27

Your score on Extraversion is average, indicating you are neither a subdued loner nor a jovial chatterbox. You enjoy time with others but also time alone.

My highest score was in Activity Level. My high activity level is one of the areas in this test that I would like to re-test in the future, as living at a slower pace would be optimal. Even getting it down 10 points would be nice, though understandably circumstances don't always allow it.

My lowest score was in Excitement Seeking. Excitement Seeking is described as, "High scorers on this scale are easily bored without high levels of stimulation. They love bright lights and hustle and bustle. They are likely to take risks and seek thrills. Low scorers are overwhelmed by noise and commotion and are adverse to thrill-seeking. Your level of excitement-seeking is low." This makes sense, since I am rather more cautious than excitement-seeking, and do not enjoy taking risks and wasting energy just for the fun of it.

AGREEABLENESS 68

..Trust 24
..Morality 72
..Altruism 80
..Cooperation 35
..Modesty 74
..Sympathy 90

Your high level of Agreeableness indicates a strong interest in others' needs and well-being. You are pleasant, sympathetic, and cooperative.

My highest score was in Sympathy. The test states that, "People who score high on this scale are tenderhearted and compassionate. They feel the pain of others vicariously and are easily moved to pity. Low scorers are not affected strongly by human suffering. They pride themselves on making objective judgments based on reason. They are more concerned with truth and impartial justice than with mercy. Your level of tender-mindedness is high."

My lowest score was in Trust. The inventory states that, "A person with high trust assumes that most people are fair, honest, and have good intentions. Persons low in trust see others as selfish, devious, and potentially dangerous. Your level of trust is low."

CONSCIENTIOUSNESS 94

..Self-Efficacy 90
..Orderliness 96
..Dutifulness 78
..Achievement-Striving 91
..Self-Discipline 92
..Cautiousness 47

Your score on Conscientiousness is high. This means you set clear goals and pursue them with determination. People regard you as reliable and hard-working.

My highest score was in orderliness, described as ' Persons with high scores on orderliness are well-organized. They like to live according to routines and schedules. They keep lists and make plans. Low scorers tend to be disorganized and scattered. Your level of orderliness is high.' This describes me to a tee. I live by to do lists and schedules.

My lowest score was in Cautiousness, which is still in the average area. The test describes it this way: "Cautiousness describes the disposition to think through possibilities before acting. High scorers on the Cautiousness scale take their time when making decisions. Low scorers often say or do first thing that comes to mind without deliberating alternatives and the probable consequences of those alternatives. Your level of cautiousness is average."

NEUROTICISM 62

..Anxiety 64
..Anger 52
..Depression 63
..Self-Consciousness 75
..Immoderation 58
..Vulnerability 38

Your score on Neuroticism is average, indicating that your level of emotional reactivity is typical of the general population. Stressful and frustrating situations are somewhat upsetting to you, but you are generally able to get over these feelings and cope with these situations.

My highest score was in Self-Consciousness, which is defined as, "Self-conscious individuals are sensitive about what others think of them. Their concern about rejection and ridicule cause them to feel shy and uncomfortable around others. They are easily embarrassed and often feel ashamed. Their fears that others will criticize or make fun of them are exaggerated and unrealistic, but their awkwardness and discomfort may make these fears a self-fulfilling prophecy. Low scorers, in contrast, do not suffer from the mistaken impression that everyone is watching and judging them. They do not feel nervous in social situations. Your level or self-consciousness is high." This sounds a bit overblown though it does seem somewhat fitting, and would make sense in relation to my relatively low trust score.

My lowest score was in vulnerability, described as: "High scorers on Vulnerability experience panic, confusion, and helplessness when under pressure or stress. Low scorers feel more poised, confident, and clear-thinking when stressed. Your level of vulnerability is average."

OPENNESS 19

..Imagination 1
..Artistic Interests 50
..Emotionality 54
..Adventurousness 28
..Intellect 59
..Liberalism 17

Your score on Openness to Experience is low, indicating you like to think in plain and simple terms. Others describe you as down-to-earth, practical, and conservative.

It was a bit embarrassing to find that I scored a '1' under imagination until I read that they defined the term as follows: "To imaginative individuals, the real world is often too plain and ordinary. High scorers on this scale use fantasy as a way of creating a richer, more interesting world. Low scorers on this scale are more oriented to facts than fantasy. Your level of imagination is low." Strangely enough, for better or worse, that does sound a lot like me now. I see the world as a place full of challenges that are more rewarding and interesting than my own imagination. However, it seems it would be healthy to have a richer fantasy world. As an article in the NY Times states:

[F]antasies have to do with future goals and dreams. They could be romantic, professional, even physical, like transforming yourself into an athlete or changing your appearance. That is why fantasy is so crucial to how we lead our lives. We are really infused by our fantasies, they can help establish goals and provide motivation to strive for them.

From: _http://www.nytimes.com/1996/07/28/nyregion/the-good-and-bad-of-indulging-in-fantasy-and-daydreaming.html

My highest score, still average, was Intellect. This is another area I'd like to re-take in the future. Intellect is described as, "Intellect and artistic interests are the two most important, central aspects of openness to experience. High scorers on Intellect love to play with ideas. They are open-minded to new and unusual ideas, and like to debate intellectual issues. They enjoy riddles, puzzles, and brain teasers. Low scorers on Intellect prefer dealing with either people or things rather than ideas. They regard intellectual exercises as a waste of time. Intellect should not be equated with intelligence. Intellect is an intellectual style, not an intellectual ability, although high scorers on Intellect score slightly higher than low-Intellect individuals on standardized intelligence tests. Your level of intellect is average."

Hesper, I think having a low imagination score is not bad, I too had it very low despite being able to think about the unknown, the absurd and possible future.
I think that imagination number refers more to the daydreaming type of person. Those kind of people that have automatic stories to explain why they do things, instead of being honest and saying "I don't know" or "I made a mistake"

Laura said:
Yes, that appears to be the case. The term "confident" also reacted rather negatively in the minds of several readers; but my point was that there was something interesting in the constellation of traits that was more than "confidence". I even wonder why the author of the article selected "confidence" as the encompassing idea?

Your examples of wrong confidence are spot on, too. We also know that some types of psychopaths are just brimming with confidence. Of course, other types are the "pitiful manipulators" who can't do anything and say so often because that's how they slime their way through life. But the Dunning-Kruger types (often very narcissistic) are legion and we've all had an encounter with them.

So, the bottom line: competence - able to get on in life effectively and efficiently; impeccability in respect of energy and all that, AND fairness and decency within rational limits seems to be what these traits exemplify.

Confidence that is open to doubt sounds like a contradiction but I don't think so.
A healthy narcissism would keep confidence in the face of character assasination or hearsay/rumors, but be open to criticism and legitimate doubts.

Sometimes someone competent can be too confident, like a world class doctor who refuses to consider a contradictory yet pertinent idea because of the source. I guess that's the milder form of narcissism, where that doctor gave up his own true self-esteem to get to that high position?

If we are to learn about what is wrong about psychopaths and narcissists, they're not dynamic but static and stubborn in their greatness based on their fantasy world.

I did the long version and tried to avoid answering with a neutral, even when I felt that it was the appropriate answer - as others have pointed out, the answer is often depending on context, which of course is missing in the test.

My 'blink' was:

Extraversion: low
Agreeableness: average
Conscientiousness: high
Neuroticism: average
Openness: high

The results:

EXTRAVERSION 19
..Friendliness 5
..Gregariousness 10
..Assertiveness 33
..Activity Level 97
..Excitement-Seeking 55
..Cheerfulness 1
Your score on Extraversion is low, indicating you are introverted, reserved, and quiet. You enjoy solitude and solitary activities. Your socializing tends to be restricted to a few close friends.

As expected.

AGREEABLENESS 42
..Trust 17
..Morality 70
..Altruism 30
..Cooperation 61
..Modesty 52
..Sympathy 43
Your level of Agreeableness is average, indicating some concern with others' Needs, but, generally, unwillingness to sacrifice yourself for others.

As expected.

CONSCIENTIOUSNESS 79
..Self-Efficacy 45
..Orderliness 98
..Dutifulness 69
..Achievement-Striving 87
..Self-Discipline 83
..Cautiousness 20
Your score on Conscientiousness is high. This means you set clear goals and pursue them with determination. People regard you as reliable and hard-working.

As expected.

NEUROTICISM 82
..Anxiety 98
..Anger 42
..Depression 81
..Self-Consciousness 95
..Immoderation 59
..Vulnerability 61
Your score on Neuroticism is high, indicating that you are easily upset, even by what most people consider the normal demands of living. People consider you to be sensitive and emotional.

Woah - I was quite wrong here! I was especially shocked about Anxiety 98, Depression 81 and Self-Consciousness 95, because I don't 'feel' that way. Something I will have to look into a bit more closely.

OPENNESS 87
..Imagination 54
..Artistic Interests 73
..Emotionality 82
..Adventurousness 51
..Intellect 88
..Liberalism 92
Your score on Openness to Experience is high, indicating you enjoy novelty, variety, and change. You are curious, imaginative, and creative.

As expected again.

So according to this test I have a blind spot as regards neuroticism. Ah well, something to work on!

Well guys here is what I has been researching in this topic:

1- I got intrigued with the HEXACO model of personality structure

( _https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HEXACO_model_of_personality_structure )

2- How the Hexaco Research try to correlate with Psychopathy, Narcissism et al (the Dark Triad) and The Honesty-Humility Factor

( _https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HEXACO_model_of_personality_structure#Honesty-Humility_and_the_Dark_Triad )

3- Did the Online Hexaco test, all the screen-shots of the results below ( _http://hexaco.org/hexaco-online )

The Test is flexible enough, it allows you to make the test in behalf of another person, that is something that has been discussed in this thread...
Choose Test Version

Which test would you like to take?

* Self-Report (fill out the questionnaire about yourself)

* Observer-Report (fill out the questionnaire about someone else)

Note: For observer reports, "someone else" is usually someone who knows you, but you should also use the observer report form if you are describing a famous person who doesn't (or never did) know you.

4- Some not so final considerations about it

What is it?
The HEXACO model of personality structure is a six-dimensional model of human personality that was created by Ashton and Lee based on findings from a series of lexical studies involving several European and Asian languages. The six factors, or dimensions, include Honesty-Humility (H), Emotionality (E), Extraversion (X), Agreeableness (A), Conscientiousness (C), and Openness to Experience (O). Each factor is composed of traits with characteristics indicating high and low levels of the factor. The HEXACO model was developed through similar methods as other trait taxonomies and builds on the work of Costa and McCrae and Goldberg. The model, therefore, shares several common elements with other trait models. However, the HEXACO model is unique mainly due to the addition of the Honesty-Humility dimension.

The HEXACO model of personality

The HEXACO model of personality conceptualizes human personality in terms of six dimensions.

The HEXACO model was developed from several previous independent lexical studies. Language based taxonomies for personality traits have been widely used as a method for developing personality models. This method, based on the logic of the lexical hypothesis, uses adjectives found in language that describe behaviours and tendencies among individuals. The identified adjectives are distilled down through factor analysis to yield a manageable number of groups of related personality traits.

Research studies based on the lexical hypothesis described above were first undertaken in the English language. Subsequent research was conducted in other languages, including Croatian, Dutch, Filipino, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Polish, and Turkish. Comparisons of the results revealed as many as six emergent factors, in similar form across different languages including English. The six factors are generally named Honesty-Humility (H), Emotionality (E), Extraversion (X), Agreeableness (A), Conscientiousness (C), and Openness to Experience (O). The personality-descriptive adjectives that typically belong to these six groups are as follows:

Honesty-Humility (H): sincere, honest, faithful, loyal, modest/unassuming versus sly, deceitful, greedy, pretentious, hypocritical, boastful, pompous
Emotionality (E): emotional, oversensitive, sentimental, fearful, anxious, vulnerable versus brave, tough, independent, self-assured, stable
Extraversion (X): outgoing, lively, extraverted, sociable, talkative, cheerful, active versus shy, passive, withdrawn, introverted, quiet, reserved
Agreeableness (A): patient, tolerant, peaceful, mild, agreeable, lenient, gentle versus ill-tempered, quarrelsome, stubborn, choleric
Conscientiousness (C): organized, disciplined, diligent, careful, thorough, precise versus sloppy, negligent, reckless, lazy, irresponsible, absent-minded
Openness to Experience (O): intellectual, creative, unconventional, innovative, ironic versus shallow, unimaginative, conventional

Personality is often assessed using a self-report inventory or observer report inventory. The six factors are measured through a series of questions designed to rate an individual on levels of each factor.[7] Ashton and Lee have developed self- and observer report forms of the HEXACO Personality Inventory-Revised (HEXACO-PI-R).[8] The HEXACO-PI-R assesses the six broad HEXACO personality factors, each of which contains four "facets", or narrower personality characteristics. (An additional 25th narrow facet, called Altruism, is also included and represents a blend of the Honesty-Humility, Emotionality, and Agreeableness factors.) The four facets within each factor are as follows:

Honesty-Humility (H): Sincerity, Fairness, Greed Avoidance, Modesty
Emotionality (E): Fearfulness, Anxiety, Dependence, Sentimentality
Extraversion (X): Social Self-Esteem, Social Boldness, Sociability, Liveliness
Agreeableness (A): Forgivingness, Gentleness, Flexibility, Patience
Conscientiousness (C): Organization, Diligence, Perfectionism, Prudence
Openness to Experience (O): Aesthetic Appreciation, Inquisitiveness, Creativity, Unconventionality

Relations with the "Big Five" FFM personality factors

Currently, the most widely used model of personality structure is also based on analyses of personality-descriptive adjectives. This model consists of the five personality factors collectively known as the "Big Five". Three of the Big Five factors are similar to the Extraversion, Conscientiousness, and Openness to Experience factors of the HEXACO model. The two remaining Big Five factors, called Agreeableness and Neuroticism (with the opposite pole of the latter factor being Emotional Stability), are similar to the Agreeableness and Emotionality factors of the HEXACO model – but with some differences in the content of the factors. Agreeableness and Emotionality from the HEXACO model represent rotated variants of their Big Five counterparts, for example, characteristics related to a quick temper are associated with Neuroticism or low Emotional Stability in the Big Five framework, but with low Agreeableness in the HEXACO framework. Therefore, the Big Five's Agreeableness and HEXACO's Agreeableness are not identical. The Big Five factors do not include an Honesty-Humility factor, but some of the characteristics belonging to Honesty-Humility are incorporated into the Big Five's Agreeableness factor. Although earlier investigations found only the Big Five factors, more recent studies conducted in various languages (including English) with larger sets of adjectives recovered six factors, as summarized above. The names of four of the HEXACO factors (all except Honesty-Humility and Emotionality) were adopted from existing labels for the Big Five factors. Factor names were selected on the basis of the common meaning of the characteristics within each factor.

How the Hexaco Research try to correlate with Psychopathy, Narcissism et al (the Dark Triad) and The Honesty-Humility Factor
Theoretical basis of Agreeableness, Honesty-Humility and Emotionality

The HEXACO model is often used in research studies when behaviours or traits found on the Agreeableness, Honesty-Humility and Emotionality dimensions are of specific interest. The factors of Agreeableness, Honesty-Humility and Emotionality are distinctly different from their counterparts on the Five Factor Model (FFM). Honesty-Humility, Emotionality and Agreeableness are proposed to be measures of Altruistic versus Antagonistic behaviour. Honesty-Humility and Agreeableness both measure two different aspects of Reciprocal altruism, high levels of which indicate a propensity for helping behaviour and cooperation as opposed to the exploitation of others. The Honesty-Humility factor represents a person's tendency for pro-social altruistic behaviours, while Agreeableness indicates an individual's tendency to forgive and to show tolerance. Emotionality is a measure of kin altruism, that is, the tendency to show empathy and attachment to one’s kin.

Honesty-Humility and the Dark Triad

The Honest-Humility factor has been used in a variety of studies as a measure of ethical or pro-social behaviour (See Ashton and Lee (2008) for further details). Low levels of the Honesty-Humility factor are associated with greater levels of materialism, unethical business practices and even deviant sexual behaviour. The Honesty-Humility factor has been found to predict endorsement of unethical business practices and even the degree to which a person will take health and safety risks (even towards fellow employees). An individual who scores low on the Honesty-Humility factor may have a proclivity for anti-social acts. Which anti-social acts an individual is likely to commit may be related to their personality profile along the other factors of the HEXACO model. For example, someone who scores low on Honesty-Humility and low on Conscientiousness and Agreeableness are more likely to engage in delinquency in the workplace.

The dark triad of personality consists of psychopathy, Machiavellianism and narcissism. However, these constructs are said to be not fully represented in common five-factor models of personality. The Dark Triad can be conceptualized as being on the opposite pole of Honesty-Humility (Sincere, Faithful, Loyal etc.), which would mean that low levels of Honesty-Humility corresponds to higher levels of psychopathy, Machiavellianism and/or narcissism. The Dark Triad personality constructs tend to only correlate with disagreeableness on the Big Five Inventory, otherwise they are represented inconsistently on measures of the Big Five traits. For that reason, several researchers have used the HEXACO model to gain a more detailed understanding of the personality characteristics of individuals who exhibit traits/behaviours that would be considered along the Dark Triad dimension.

Did the Online Hexaco test, all the screen-shots of the results

Hexaco2_Test1.png

Hexaco2_Test2.png

Hexaco2_Test3.png

Some final considerations about it

First From Laura latest post in this subject
Laura said:
obyvatel said:
Laura said:

a) Definitely you (Laura) and obyvatel are right on track...

b) The Hexaco Model is onto something a scientific non "intrusive way" to SPOT Psychopaths et al

c) The Hexaco model researchers seems to be not aware of the work of Łobaczewski and others discussed here in this forum, see below the only references to the subject.

( Paulhus, D.L.; Williams, K.M. (2002). "The Dark Triad of Personality: Narcissism, Machiavellianism, and Psychopathy". Journal of Research in Personality. 36 (6): 556–563. )

( de Vries, R.E.; van Kampen, D. (2010). "The HEXACO and 5DPT Models of Personality: A Comparison and Their Relationships with Psychopathy, Egoism, Pretentiousness, Immorality and Machiavelliansim". Journal of Personality Disorders. 24 (2): 244–257. )

d) With the knowledge that we have in psychopathy the Hexaco model can be a very efficient tool to spot the Psycho-behavior from early age.

e) I will do the FFM BIG FIVE test that Laura suggested early on this subject and Cross reference it with my Hexaco test and so to get first hand conclusions on its weak and strong points of both the tests...

f) I suggest to the forum members that have already made the Big Five test to make the Hexaco one so that the samples of conclusions of the item e) get more stronger and meaningful.

g) About aboves Laura's "final" conclusions: competence, impeccability, fairness and decency

Seems to me that: fairness and decency domains are totally related to Honesty-Humility domain (Sincere, Faithful, Loyal etc.)

and not so sure (more leaning for it to be...) if the impeccability Domain is related to Honesty-Humility domain (Sincere, Faithful, Loyal etc.) opinions Welcomed!!!.

h) And last, this conclusion part of the Hexaco material was eye opening to me:
Many studies using the HEXACO model support the usefulness of the dimensions of Agreeableness, Emotionality and Honesty–Humility. However, the HEXACO model may not necessarily be a better personality tool in every situation. When the HEXACO model was compared to a modified five-factor model that included a dimension of honesty–humility, the predictive ability of the HEXACO model was similar in several instances to that of the modified FFM. The authors further acknowledge that the HEXACO model may have an advantage when the predictor variables are conceptually related to the Honesty–Humility factor, and that in many cases the modified FFM-plus-Honesty–Humility model produced similar results.

Well guys a little bit late here in Brazil, next time I will do the Big-Five Test and post the results with my ponderations in relation to the Hexaco Test...

As usual Just my two cents!!!... :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

The HEXACO test is interesting and results are not much different for me from the other test. Just a couple of minor variations.

I'm having trouble imagining how the test can be taken for someone that one does not know well because pathological types usually present themselves with a mask and it takes time (sometimes a LOT of time) to gain enough experience of that person to know that their mask/words do not match their deeds long term.

I completed the HEXACO Inventory.

Sometimes I hesitated if I was actually responding according to how I act or otherwise as believe I do.

Attachments

• HEXACO.png
    HEXACO.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 133
So I took the test (not HEXACO) and scored high on Extraversion which was surprising because most of my life I considered myself an introvert. I had insecurity that was triggered by an event that occurred when I was six. I've obviously worked through that because I've changed a lot into a quite confident person which I think would have been my natural state had I not had this rather intense psychological experience when I was young.

Unfortunately I scored low on Agreeableness. I am not happy about that and was in fact quite depressed about it yesterday. It confirms what I suspected which is that most here resonate more strongly as STO candidates than myself. I guess the good news is that I know what area I need work on.
"Your score on agreeableness is low, indicating less concern with others needs than your own. People see you as tough, critical, and uncompromising." This is fairly accurate. I would say that I am more than capable of being flexible and reasonable. (when I want to)

Morality was low. "It should be made clear that low scores are not unprincipled or immoral, they are simply more guarded and less willing to openly reveal the whole truth." I would say that is accurate; I am not unprincipled or immoral, but guarded yes. That's an area I'm working on.

I scored low on Altruism

I scored low on Modesty

Neuroticism was low

Conscientiousness was average

I'm very hard to manipulate because I don't give people the chance. It's the whole denial of vulnerability thing that's common among addictive personality types. I have to become more open and willing to take chances with people in order to become a more giving person.

I need balance in this area. Comments welcome.

EXTRAVERSION 10
..Friendliness 37
..Gregariousness 46
..Assertiveness 25
..Activity Level 27
..Excitement-Seeking 4
..Cheerfulness 1

In most agree but I would be more open to other people

AGREEABLENESS 84
..Trust 61
..Morality 81
..Altruism 69
..Cooperation 54
..Modesty 99
..Sympathy 41
Your high level of Agreeableness indicates a strong interest in others' needs and well-being. You are pleasant, sympathetic, and cooperative.

It seems to me that this is exaggerated and I'm not so open and helpful to other people as it came out in the test

CONSCIENTIOUSNESS 38
..Self-Efficacy 1
..Orderliness 87
..Dutifulness 2
..Achievement-Striving 46
..Self-Discipline 47
..Cautiousness 72
Your score on Conscientiousness is average. This means you are reasonably reliable, organized, and self-controlled.

NEUROTICISM 54
..Anxiety 88
..Anger 14
..Depression 72
..Self-Consciousness 67
..Immoderation 12
..Vulnerability 68

the majority agrees, recently I deal better with stress and depression, in the past it was much worse

OPENNESS 67
..Imagination 72
..Artistic Interests 50
..Emotionality 91
..Adventurousness 28
..Intellect 79
..Liberalism 43
Your score on Openness to Experience is high, indicating you enjoy novelty, variety, and change. You are curious, imaginative, and creative

along with better coping with depression and stress I became more open to other experiences

genero81 said:
Unfortunately I scored low on Agreeableness. I am not happy about that and was in fact quite depressed about it yesterday. It confirms what I suspected which is that most here resonate more strongly as STO candidates than myself.

This kind of test show almost only what we think we are, how we judge ourselves... To do this kind of test, you must evaluate yourself, judge yourself comparing either yourself with other people, or using some low or high ideals (what we consider personally, as an ideal). And all these factors are not incorporated in the evaluation (since this is precisely an self-evaluation), while they are a big factors for the final result.

Take the stupid question "do you love to help others ?". One person will probably answer "Ho yes absolutely !" because he remember he love to help its mother to prepare the christmas dinner (one time per year: a great remembrance)... now imagine an helpful guy, and he is know for that, so, many people asks him for help regularly (the neighbors, its family, etc... ). he will probably have another point of view about "how much he love help others", since others are regularly asking him, so he will probably find many example where helping other was annoying for him (because he was tired, because he was already doing something else, etc.)... So he will probably answer the question by "well, i don't know, sometimes, i find people pretty annoying in fact..."

sedenion said:
Alada, almost all the time, you advice me with this problem of theory versus appliance... i don't know your life, but It is obvious to me that the advice you give to me, are the advice you should follow yourself. You are not talking to me here, you are talking to yourself. Then, you want to suffer, to know yourself and learn about life... then, leave your job, take some cloth, and go in some poor or desertic place of the world to survive (this is not what i did, this is an extrem example)... Maybe you will learn about hungry, cold, hot, being hopeless, finding strengh inside you, etc... maybe this is what you already did, i don't know, but, it appear to me (maybe i am wrong) that, you does'nt lived the 1/4 i lived in term of crisis, bad experience, unconfortable situation, etc (and i am very far from the worst that can be experienced in the life)... otherwise, you wouldn't place the "work" you can do according some Gurdjieff theory at a so top level, and you would'nt see the "suffering" as a kind of thing to seek like we seek for some strong emotion with a roller coaster... however, maybe i am totally wrong.

Sedenion, you seem to know a lot about your past and your situation right now, and if you continue to take the easy route, never risking anything, your situation (particularly your "inner life") will probably not change. Is that what you want? Or would you like some things to change? If so, how much do you want that? Enough to take some risks? Enough to maybe expose yourself to new ideas and learn new things? Doing that very often helps things to change. Of course, you'll have to give something to get something, like courage, or facing your fears etc.

In a previous post you said "reading a book is not what i need".

What do you need?

sedenion said:
Take the stupid question "do you love to help others ?". One person will probably answer "Ho yes absolutely !" because he remember he love to help its mother to prepare the christmas dinner (one time per year: a great remembrance)... now imagine an helpful guy, and he is know for that, so, many people asks him for help regularly (the neighbors, its family, etc... ). he will probably have another point of view about "how much he love help others", since others are regularly asking him, so he will probably find many example where helping other was annoying for him (because he was tired, because he was already doing something else, etc.)... So he will probably answer the question by "well, i don't know, sometimes, i find people pretty annoying in fact..."

I'd say that's a factor in these tests, which is why you might get a more objective result if someone else (that knows you) took the test for you.

Back
Top Bottom