Toothpaste Recipes

FWIW: For over a year now i have been wetting my brush with either waater or peroxide nd dipping it into bakingsoda to brush my teeth. It works very well, and you get used to the taste within a few days.

Has anyone tried brushing with activated charcoal? I've read a number of articles on natural type folks brushing their teeth with it to whiten them. There were mixed views on whether it actually works. The reasoning was that the charcoal pulls the staining tannins from coffee and tea off the teeth. My own teeth were badly stained in the front so I gave it a try and it did actually remove a lot of it. Whether it was the abrasives in the charcoal or something else, I'm not sure. The only way I've been successful at removing stains in the past is at the dentist with them using some kind of gritty pumice. This was definitely cheaper.

Chrissy said:
Has anyone tried brushing with activated charcoal? I've read a number of articles on natural type folks brushing their teeth with it to whiten them. There were mixed views on whether it actually works. The reasoning was that the charcoal pulls the staining tannins from coffee and tea off the teeth. My own teeth were badly stained in the front so I gave it a try and it did actually remove a lot of it. Whether it was the abrasives in the charcoal or something else, I'm not sure. The only way I've been successful at removing stains in the past is at the dentist with them using some kind of gritty pumice. This was definitely cheaper.

I have tried it in the past, and surprisingly it washes out with no hassle. And the same goes for turmeric which I got brave and tried.
But I didn't keep at it long enough for any noticeable effect in removing stains.

http://www.xovain.com/how-to/does-activated-charcoal-whiten-teeth
"[Activated charcoal] is shown to be attracted to a group of found compounds known as tannins," she says. "Tannins can be found in common stain inducing items like wine or coffee, for instance. In theory, this is why many people are turning to brushing with activated charcoal."

Chrissy said:
I have in the past and just did it again after reading your post to see if there was a noticeable difference. There seems to be although I wonder if it's not some kind of optical illusion (sort of like how red lipstick can make teeth appear whiter).

If it actually works, I'd say it just takes care of the very surface level stains and not the one's that are deeply embedded into the tooth (as they are porous) which is what the whitening agents and that gritty pumice stuff used at the dentist do. Now that you've said that, maybe I'll look into what that is. I've also heard that powdered eggshells work, but have never tried it.

I've used charcoal and baking soda in the past, but not on a regular basis. Having sensitive teeth, they both were too abrasive. I had to ditch vinegar on meats too, I just use it now for bone broth. And if I take powdered Vitamin C I use a straw and wash my mouth or brush my teeth afterward. I'm using Vicco herbal toothpaste and an extra soft brush bought on Amazon has worked well for me.

Thanks to all the information. Now I make my own toothpaste.
One month ago, I started with baking soda+coconut oil, but it was too much oily.
Then a few days later, I tried baking soda+hydrogen peroxide. I’m happy with results, because my three black plagues 90% gone.
And then a few days ago. I started to thinking about maybe there’s some other methods I could try.
Then this morning about 3AM, I woke up with reading something like this ‘combination with baking soda and vinegar is excellent toothpaste.
So, this morning, I have made and tried new toothpaste.
In last few years, I wake up with reading book/scroll few times that I didn’t understand what I was reading, because I didn’t know that language. But this time it was English.

Well I don’t know where this message was coming from or other messages like visions or dreams, so I am really cautious.
But I figured making toothpaste is not that difficult and try few days too see how it works.

Thanks to all the information. Now I make my own toothpaste.
One month ago, I started with baking soda+coconut oil, but it was too much oily.
Then a few days later, I tried baking soda+hydrogen peroxide. I’m happy with results, because my three black plagues 90% gone.
And then a few days ago. I started to thinking about maybe there’s some other methods I could try.
Then this morning about 3AM, I woke up with reading something like this ‘combination with baking soda and vinegar is excellent toothpaste.
So, this morning, I have made and tried new toothpaste.
In last few years, I wake up with reading book/scroll few times that I didn’t understand what I was reading, because I didn’t know that language. But this time it was English.

Well I don’t know where this message was coming from or other messages like visions or dreams, so I am really cautious.
But I figured making toothpaste is not that difficult and try few days too see how it works.

Hey Kay Kim, i'm no expert, but i would suggest caution when using hydrogen peroxide and vinegar on your teeth, especially if you're using it frequently, because, as one off treatments they may show an improvement but long term they could do some real damage. Even baking soda can be too abrasive and drying if used in large amounts or if it's not fine enough.

Personally, i made toothpastes in the past but i find it's just as cost and time effective to buy from one of the many brands out there that use relatively natural products; i like neem and tea tree but there are loads out there to choose from. Not that i'd discourage people from experimenting and making their own toothpastes, just to select your ingredients carefully. One thing i do like to do regularly is swish and swallow the morning/afternoon salt water that i drink, salt is said to be good in oral hygiene and, although i've not noticed any miracles, it does seem to do some good.

I am listening to the audiobook The Invisible Diet by John A. Keel from Audible. I am still listening so I may have missed something.

He mentions using baking soda and Hydrogen peroxide as toothpaste.

He recommends using this instead of toothpaste. For example, he says that if you are past 40 you may be suffering from bleeding gums when you brush your teeth and have teeth that seem loose and have gum disease while food has been working its ways under your gums where it rots and creates infection and pus.

He says to put a table spoon with baking soda into a dish then mix in a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide and mix it into a thick paste and brush your teeth vigorously with it.

He goes on saying that hydrogen peroxide is a powerful germ killer and will start working on your gums and infections while the baking soda releases oxygen into the mixture.

This formula was developed by a government dentist Dr. Paul Keyes of the national institute of health that has tested it on many hundreds of patients.

The books go on saying thar you should brush your teeth three times a day for the first two weeks and use dental flos each time you brush. After this period your gums should have stopped bleeding and your teeth won't be as loose and be tighter.

Then after that brush your teeth two times a day and in the fourth week brush only once a day right after dinner. In the morning you can gargle mouthwash with (Glyco-Thymoline or other things he mentioned) to be on the safe side.

He says this will reduce your dentist's bills dramatically. That if everybody used it dentists would become mighty lonely.

He also says that this will reduce bad breath and make your mouth feel better.

I will try it and see how it works. Btw, I haven't been to the dentist since I was 13 years old. :whistle:

Wich concentration should it be? Can you remember?

The shops I looked at have it at 3% so that's what I bought.

Wikipedia says for consumer use:

"(3%–6% by weight) in water for consumer use, and in higher concentrations for industrial use"

Keel says just to go to a drugstore and that these items are all alike no matter what brand names are attached to them and should cost very little money.

Thats all I can come up with.

Btw, Keel says that after 4 weeks to keep cleaning the mouth. I'll have to re-listen but I think he said to use this instead of toothpaste from there on.

Been using baking soda and hydrogen peroxide as toothpaste for 2 months now, but I had to use regular toothpaste for 3 weeks on Mars, because I was away from home.

This hasn’t damaged my teeth as far I can tell so I will continue brushing this way.

I had tooth stains that no matter how hard and long I brushed my teeth with regular toothpaste remained, but they are now gone. The stains disappeared, I think, after day 2.

My teeth look better but I have some tartar which hasn’t disappeared using Keels formula. I brush extra hard at it though.

I don’t measure the ingredients; I just take some baking soda and mix in the hydrogen peroxide until it becomes a wet paste and put into a little plastic jar with lid which I keep in the refrigerator.

This hasn’t damaged my teeth as far I can tell so I will continue brushing this way.
I noticed whitening patches on my teeth, at first there weren't much, but it is spreading. Could it be bad or positive? It's a gamble.

It is hard to capture by picture.
1683340009475.jpg

1683340029931.jpg

I noticed whitening patches on my teeth, at first there weren't much, but it is spreading. Could it be bad or positive? It's a gamble.
I have sensitive teeth, so I'd be careful. It could just be whitening, but I'd be cautious as it could be a wearing away of the enamel. If you get sensitive to hot or cold food/beverages I would stop.

I have sensitive teeth, so I'd be careful. It could just be whitening, but I'd be cautious as it could be a wearing away of the enamel. If you get sensitive to hot or cold food/beverages I would stop.
I haven't noticed my teeth being more sensitive and I am still using this formula toothpaste. In the past I used to suck on vitamin C tablets a few times and these patches could be corrosion damage from doing so, I guess. Well, whatever it is I am keeping brushing for now.

hi SHAGFNAY, thanks for sharing about the invisible diet. I bought the book and had a look. Then i jumped on youtube and found the below video of a dentist taking you through this exact process. He adds salt though. Im going to be doing this for the forseeable future, i also mix the solution into a waterpick and go that route also. I have only started today but my teeth feel markedly cleaner. Hopefully this helps with my gums as I will need serious medical work done in the future if my gums continue to bleed. Fingers crossed.

Slso if you scroll through the comments. Sure they are anidotal, but there are 70 year olds who have never even had a cavity and who have been brushing this way for all their lives. Others have said their gums and teeth have healed. Certainly worth an experiment.

Back
Top Bottom