Toothpaste Recipes

Interesting thread, I've been using a tooth powder but I think I may switch to the NOW brand Xylitol toothpaste and add oil pulling to my regimen. Keeping in mind not to spit it in the sink when I'm done, thanks for the heads up 3D Student!

Reagrding oil pulling, I wonder if the benefits it proports may also have something to do with infections in the mouth which the oil pulling helps to clear? After reading about all the terrible things that can happen with infected root canals, it seems any infection in the mouth is quite serious.

Also, i would presume any tooth paste 'treatment' (ie followed with normal brushing) could incorporate these oils, and from the article the additions of tumeric (anti-inflammatory) may be of interest. I have actually made a toothpaste treatment with tumeric, yes it does turn your mouth a funny colour and beware of staining the bathroom, but apparently it whitens the teeth and supports the gums. I also tried a mix of cinnamon powder and tumeric - it was very gritty so i would need to work on that formulation.

Also, Dr Heikkilar (on Sott talk radio) says that he has found coconut oil to be great for sufferers of one of the Herpes virii (internally) because it kills viruses.

I came across this article which may be of interest as it states the various oils that can be used, with this caveat from 2 other sites:

_http://www.dentistryiq.com/articles/2014/03/how-dental-professionals-can-respond-to-oil-pulling-patients.html
People use different types of oil such as sesame and sunflower oil, but these oils both have omega 6 fats that are pro-inflammatory, and most of us have too much of these in our diet as it is. Coconut oil is preferred because 50% of the fat in coconut oil is comprised of the bacteria whooping ingredient lauric acid. Lauric acid is very well known for its antimicrobial actions; it inhibits Strep mutans that are the primary bacteria that cause tooth decay. With that in mind, it should be no surprise that recent studies have shown the benefit of coconut oil in the prevention of tooth decay.

_http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3131773/

Oil pulling, in CAM (Complementary and Alternative Medicine), is a procedure that involves swishing oil in the mouth for oral and systemic health benefits. It is mentioned in the Ayurvedic text Charaka Samhita where it is called Kavala or Gandusha, and is claimed to cure about 30 systemic diseases ranging from headache, migraine to diabetes and asthma. Oil pulling has been used extensively as a traditional Indian folk remedy for many years to prevent decay, oral malodor, bleeding gums, dryness of throat, cracked lips and for strengthening teeth, gums and the jaw.[16,17]

Oil pulling therapy can be done using oils like sunflower oil or sesame oil. The sesame plant (Sesamum indicum) of the Pedaliaceae family has been considered a gift of nature to mankind for its nutritional qualities and desirable health effcts. Sesame oil is considered to be the queen of oil seed crops because of its beneficiary effects.[18]

A study was conducted by Asokan S et al (2009) to evaluate the effect of oil pulling with sesame oil on plaque-induced gingivitis, and to compare its efficacy with chlorhexidine mouthwash.[19] A total of 20 age-matched adolescent boys with plaque-induced gingivitis were selected for this study. They were divided randomly into the study or oil pulling group (Group I) and the control or chlorhexidine group (Group II) with 10 subjects in each group. Plaque index and modified gingival index scores were recorded for the 20 subjects and baseline plaque samples were also collected. There was a statistically significant reduction of the pre- and post-values of the plaque and modified gingival index scores in both the study and control groups (p < 0.001 in both). The oil pulling therapy showed a reduction in the plaque index, modified gingival scores, and total colony count of aerobic microorganisms in the plaque of adolescents with plaque-induced gingivitis.

Oil pulling is a powerful detoxifying Ayurvedic technique that has recently become very popular as a CAM remedy for many different health ailments. Using this method, surgery or medication could be prevented for a number of chronic illnesses. The oil therapy is preventative as well as curative. The exciting aspect of this healing method is its simplicity. Ayurveda advises oil gargling to purify the entire system; as it holds that each section of the tongue is connected to different organ such as to the kidneys, lungs, liver, heart, small intestines, stomach, colon, and spine, similarly to reflexology and TCM.[18]Bilberry fruit and hawthorn berry stabilize collagen, strengthening the gum tissue.[20] Liquorice root promotes anti-cavity action, reduces plaque, and has an antibacterial effect. In Ayurveda, teeth are considered part of Astidhatu - bone tissue, so that their sockets are like joints. Herbs taken internally to strengthen Astidhatu, i.e. the skeleton and the joints, are good for long-term health of the teeth. Outstanding examples include yellow dock root, alfalfa leaf, cinnamon bark, and turmeric root.

CONCLUSION

Countries with a history of traditional medicine should support and integrate traditional medicine into national health systems in combination with national policy. Use of safe, quality products and practices must be ensured, based on available evidence, and traditional medicine has to be acknowledged as part of primary health care. It is also required to ensure patient safety by upgrading the skills and knowledge of traditional medicine providers. Scientific validations of the Ayurveda dental health practices given above could justify their incorporation into modern dental care. Publicity of these techniques using appropriate media would benefit the general population by giving more confidence in the ancient practices, thus preventing tooth decay and loss.
Acknowledgments

The authors would like to acknowledge the assistance provided by the People's College of Dental Sciences Research Centre.

What Is The Best Oil for Oil Pulling?

Home > Remedies > What Is The Best Oil for Oil Pulling?

Best Oil for Oil Pulling

Our readers are constantly asking what the best oils are for oil pulling. Intrigued by the wide number of health benefits reported over the internet, there must be one oil that works better than others, right? Well, while a number of different oils can be used for pulling, one rule of thumb is to use the best quality oil you can find – think unrefined, cold-pressed, organic oils. Likewise, you want a natural plant-based oil. The most common oils used for pulling include sesame, sunflower, olive, and coconut oil. However, cod liver, avocado, cedar nut, canola, walnut, castor, black cumin seed, and safflower oil can also be used. The key is to note that certain oils offer specific benefits to the body.

Oil Pulling for Health: Background, Oils to Use and Benefits

An ancient Ayurvedic remedy used for oral health and detoxification, oil pulling has made a comeback as a popular health trend in recent years. The process involves pulling pathogens and other harmful organisms from the mouth and body, which offers extensive benefits as far as oral health. However, the practice does more than just treat issues of the mouth.

What is Oil Pulling? _http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/what-is-the-best-oil-for-oil-pulling.html

An age-old remedy, oil pulling is a treatment that employs natural substances to clean and detoxify the teeth and gums. At this level, the process also helps naturally whiten the teeth and improve gum health by removing bacteria.

The basic concept behind the practice is that the oil is swished around the mouth for a short period of time each day. The process helps draw out bacteria and infection in the mouth, but research suggests it goes much further than that.

What Does It Do?

The remedy works as a natural cleansing process. As the oil is sloshed around the mouth, a certain level of friction is created. This friction creates a cleaning effect that removes unwanted particles as well as germs. The concept of “like dissolves like” also applies in this situation, as the oil used is capable of cutting through plaque and removing toxins as the compounds are so similar.
Does It Really Have Benefits Beyond my Mouth?

Many people view oil pulling as solely an oral health treatment, but when practiced regularly, the process benefits the rest of the body as well. In addition to improving oral health, oil pulling can also:

-Relieve migraines
-Correct hormone imbalances
-Reduce inflammation
-Treat digestive issues
-Reduce eczema
-Support normal kidney function
-Improve vision
-Reduce allergies
-Detoxify the body of heavy metals

Whether you are experiencing a significant health condition or not, oil pulling will likely improve your health and your quality of life. Try it for yourself today and let us know what you think!

Continue reading below for Sandy's incredible Oil Pulling Compilation, based on hundreds of testimonials from Earth Clinic readers! [take that as you will!]

INTRODUCTION

Oil Pulling Compilation by Sandy

Sandy from Bangalore, India: "Dear Earthclinic,

Based on all feedback received for oil pulling so far (as seen on your oil pulling pages), I have created the following list of cures by oil-pulling using various oils:

1. Sesame Oil:
Cleared vaginal infections, got rid of tooth/gum/mouth/bad-breath problems, tightened loose teeth, heart felt better, depression replaced by happy thoughts, better vision (eg. Colors become vivid), no underarm odor, reduces cravings and helps de-addiction, alertness increased, pimples decreased, cured Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJD, TMJ or TMD), moisturized skin, healed dry/cracked heels, hair grew back on bald spot on head, sinuses cleared, did not catch colds/flu, brought color to cheeks/complexion looks healthier, cured the keratosis pilaris on upper arms, more energetic, didn't get allergies, looked 10 years younger, open pores on face closed, wrinkles disappeared, swollen glands under neck became normal for HIV+ person, anaemia cured within 1 month, lipase enzyme levels brought back to normal within 1 month, bloating/edema gone, decreased fibromyalgia pain, got deep sleep/ insomnia cured, dark circle around eyes decreased, cured hangover after alcohol consumption, digestion improved, back pain decreased, neck pain decreased, joint pain decreased, hives cured in 2 weeks, periods was not painful, no cramping during periods, experienced colon cleansing, eczema disappeared, skin glowed, stopped a headache, faded age spots, healed canker sores, subsided PMS, eliminated asthama, lost weight, cured diarrhea.

2. Sunflower oil
Got rid of tooth/gum/mouth/bad-breath problems, teeth whiter and sensitive condition corrected, sinus cleared, cured toothache, blood cholesterol profile got balanced when oil-pulled first thing in the morning, postmenopausal hot flushes decreased, wake up refreshed, hair grew thicker, think clearly, swollen lymph nodes reduced, energy increased (many people said), reduced dependence on caffeine-oil pulling gave a huge energy rush-oil pulling twice a day eliminated 2 cups of coffee from that day, blood circulation improved, cold hands and feet became warmer, cravings decreased, skin looks great, eliminates dry eyes, clears out sugar from body faster, pulmonary fibrosis cured, cancer cured, stopped vaginal discharge, clearer breathing, better sleep, lungs not congested anymore, coughing eliminated, herpes simplex virus eliminated from body, cold sores and canker sores healed, cleared allergies, hangover (due to alcohol) eliminated, lost weight especially around lower abdomen, lost 4 pounds in 20 days by oil pulling twice a day, gave sound sleep, body aches and strains gone, fatigue gone, irregular periods became regular, ear itch gone, clearer eyes and clearer vision, indigestion problems and gases eliminated, cracked heels healed, dark circle under eyes eliminated.

3. Olive Oil
Better mouth health, jaw pain gone, sinus cleared, finger nails grew fast and had white tips, hair grew fast and is thick, better energy, better mental clarity, mood elevation (many people said this), cracked heels got healed, softer hair, softer skin, no wheezing or coughing, eyes stopped feeling itchy or dry, beard got thicker and softer, de-addicted from tobacco, alcohol, caffeine (many people talked of de-addiction), back pain reduced, cleared nasal and ear blockage, lost weight doing oil-pulling using extra virgin olive oil, pores on face became small, no undereye puffiness, better vision, lines around eyes smoothened out, brain fog cured.

4. Coconut oil
Appetite suppressed and lost weight (many people said this), relaxing, pain in nerve decreased, joint pain gone, breathing easier, snoring gone, bloating/oedema gone in just 6 days, blood pressure stabilized, got rid of tooth/gum/mouth/bad-breath problems, gap between teeth closed, sinus cleared, heightened sense of taste, cleared inner ear infection, got rid of rocking/imbalance sensation, skin glowed and moisterized, increased energy, increased mobility, agility and vigour.

5. Cod liver oil
Got rid of teeth problems, better skin

6. Avocado oil
Makes hair healthy and shiny, bags under eyes flattened, sinus cleared

7. Cedar nut oil
Whiter teeth

8. Canola oil
Better mouth health

9. Walnut oil
Got rid of gum problems

10. Castor oil
Induces sleep

11. Black cumin seed oil
Drained mucus

12. Safflower oil
Pulling sensation in arm gone, Got rid of tooth/gum/mouth/bad-breath problems, lost weight, energetic and active, Rheumatoid Arthritis cured, chocolate addiction gone, hair and skin looks good, scar gone, periods improved, PMS gone, voice improved, got good sleep, hair shedding decreased."

After nearly melting the contents of my mouth whilst using Magnesium citrate powder, i've been deliberating on how to rectify the impressive damage.

I bought some MSM generally for my joints and inflammation, and was reminded of the claims that it helps with skin/nails/hair, as well as bone. So i thought i'd read up a bit about whether there was any relation to bone and it's effect on teeth. I was thinking internally - if you've tried it you'll understand - but apparently, like using DMSO (though they are not the same) topically is just as effective; whether DMSO would be better, i don't know.

MSM tastes absolutely vile, but i will be trying this: first i'll try on my toothbrush (mixing with the paste to disguise the 'flavour' and enhance application); i'll also give it a go as a mouth rinse, and report back. I don't believe i've seen it mentioned here before. As stated previously, i'm on the borderline to periodontal (gum) disease so i'm hoping it could at least stabilise that.

- actually, if i'm correct in thinking MSM increases permeability in cells, then perhaps whatever you mix it with, as in the toothpaste recipes, will this not naturally enhance the efficacy of the ingredients?

I came across the following:
_http://www.healingteethnaturally.com/msm-methylsulfonylmethane-dental-applications.html
MSM (methylsulfonylmethane): dental applications

A safe & natural remedy for many types of pain and inflammation, incl. in teeth & gums

MSM (methylsulfonylmethane)In their excellent "must-read" book, "The Miracle of MSM: The Natural Solution for Pain", Drs. Stanley Jacob and Ronald Lawrence (with a combined experience of 90 years of medical practice) report on their successes (as well as some failures) with the simple and non-patentable MSM compound. While the pain relief "miracles" reported mostly concern diseases such as arthritis, joint, muscle & nerve pain (e.g. after accidents), hayfever etc., Jacob and Lawrence also include a chapter on some astounding effects observed with dental problems, including an amazing tooth root infection healing testimonial.
Content copyright © 2009 - 2014 Healing Teeth Naturally

What is MSM?

MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane, chemical formula [CH3]2SO2) is a sulfur compound naturally found in some plants as well as (in small quantities) in numerous foods and drinks. It is sold quite inexpensively as a sugar-like white powder with a bitter taste. Its oft-reported therapeutic qualities are attributed to its content in "biologically active sulfur" with its anti-inflammatory, muscle-relaxing and pain-relieving effects.

Note: MSM is not to be confused with the (entirely different) compound MMS (miracle mineral supplement).4

MSM heals painful tooth root infection in root-canalled teeth:
a testimonial

An 80 year old woman who had three teeth in her upper jaw root-canalled some 25 years earlier developed a serious infection in these teeth. Throbbing, they became painful to the point of keeping her awake at night. She initially took an antibiotic which worked until she discontinued it and its effect wore off. She did another two rounds of the same with identical results and finally developed thrush. Only at this point did she start taking MSM (at a dose of three teaspoons daily) and applying the MSM crystals night and day to her gums.

The pain and inflammation lessened every day which allowed her to sleep much better. Within two weeks, her infection was much improved, and six months after starting on the MSM, all pain had gone and her infection was healed.

This is an extraordinary testimonial to the infection-healing potential of MSM. Tooth root infections typically are considered incurable and "dangerous", and considering that the "average" 80-year-old seems to have diminished immune defenses, it is all the more remarkable.
MSM for toothache

The above success story and the well-established anti-inflammatory effects of MSM make this compound appear like an ideal addition to whatever else one undertakes in case of toothache with an inflammatory background (which many if not most toothaches seem to have).
MSM against gum disease

Drs Jacob and Lawrence believe that MSM "offers an additional weapon against gum disease" and generally recommended a daily dose of 2 to 8 grams. For external use one can rinse with the dissolved MSM crystals 2 to 3 times daily or repeatedly rub MSM crystals onto the inflamed gum tissue. The latter has helped many of Drs Jacob and Lawrence's patients who suffered from gingivitis to lessen the inflammation. Another success report includes the case of a woman who healed her pyorrhea (severe periodontitis with bleeding gums and loosening teeth) with MSM.

Other observations and recommendations from Drs Jacob and Lawrence's book re "dental" applications of MSM

Used after normal brushing, MSM whitens teeth.1
MSM has reduced pulpal inflammation.
Taking the suggested dose of three grams daily, tooth sensitivity was reduced.
To minimize pain and infection after dental work, rub a paste made of MSM plus some water over your tooth's root area twice a day for up to two days afterwards.2
If you get a gold inlay, the dentist should apply a 15 percent MSM solution before inserting the inlay since teeth with gold inlays can remain sensitive and painful to heat or cold impact for a long time after the dental work.2
To lessen inflammation and reduce pain after extractions, the dentist should apply a 15% MSM solution to the tooth socket. The patient can subsequently apply MSM adjacent to the extraction site.3

Tips

As with most supplements, for optimising your chances of success make sure not to exclusively rely on MSM but to give your body all the nutrients it requires, particularly with respect to minerals5 and vitamin C, the latter reportedly enhancing the therapeutic effects of MSM due to the body needing ascorbic acid to metabolise MSM to sulphur (I couldn't verify so far if this is true to fact).

Footnotes

1 As mentioned, MSM has a bitter taste. If instead of using potentially toxic toothpaste followed by brushing with MSM, you only brush with MSM plus xylitol, you have a much better-tasting, germ-fighting, natural, toxin-free tooth powder.

2 For numerous caveats re dental work, dental metals etc., see Healing Teeth Naturally's Conventional section, particularly Drilling and filling teeth: an unwise choice? Many reasons for avoiding conventional invasive dental treatment.

3 Background caveats at Dental extractions: potential health risks and dangers (incl. death).

4 See Brushing teeth with MMS.

5 See Minerals and trace elements and Foods rich in minerals and trace elements

Just found a recipe that we basically use at home that tastes great, and really leaves the mouth with that fresh feeling. This recipe also incorporates Bentonite Clay, which we have just added to the new batch:

http://www.overthrowmartha.com/2014/02/diy-toothpaste-with-baking-soda-clay.html

1 ½ TBSP Redmond Trading Company Bentonite Clay
2 TBSP Distilled Water
1 TBSP coconut oil, melted (coconut oil will become liquid at 76 F)
⅓ tsp Real Salt Sea Salt or FINE sea salt (If you have soft enamel or sensitive teeth you may want to skip this or use less salt. P.S. table salt is more salty-- use less)
2 tsp Baking Soda (You could also add more in the summer if your coconut oil gets melty, but also add more water)
5-10 drops of essential oil (I recommend this brand)
ex: tea tree, clove, rosemary, grapefruit, germanium, thieves, frankincense, peppermint
A container (mason jar or a squeeze bottle)

Adding afew drops of olive oil, and also xylitol to enhance taste goes great.

Tracy Anne said:
Hi Soluna

I too have been experiementing with making my own toothpaste. At first I made one with coconut oil, himalayan salt and bicarb of soda, unfortunately I used too much soda and my gums became very inflammed. I have learnt that it is very caustic so I only use a flat teaspoonful now and half a teaspoon of the salt.

The recipe I now use has crushed up calcium tablets (grind to a powder with a pestle & mortar). 1 flat teaspoon bicarb soda & half teaspoon himalayan salt all ground together. Mix enough coconut oil to make a stiff paste (to your liking)

Apparentely the calcium re mineralises the enamel on the teeth and the same effect can be had by grinding egg shells though Im reluctant to try it....dont know why!

Some people do the oil pulling while in the shower or bath to save time.

Anyway I read this all on ths internet but Im sorry I dont have the links.

The best teeth I have ever seen were on an old Navy man who was a teacher. He taught electronics. Anyway he used to walk around the classroom all day, with a stick of chalk in his mouth like a cigarette. Maybe he was giving up smoking.. He had the whitest teeth I have ever seen.

As for oil pulling, I have tried flaxseed oil and also hemp oil. Both seemed to work.

If you make homemade toothpaste with coconut oil, remember to spit it in some container, not your sink. Over time, the coconut oil may clog your drain. I've also heard not to use a metal spoon when mixing toothpaste with bentonite, as bentonite will absorb some of the metal. So I used some wooden spoons when I made mine. That being said, I just use the herbal Vicco toothpaste now.

3D Student said:
If you make homemade toothpaste with coconut oil, remember to spit it in some container, not your sink. Over time, the coconut oil may clog your drain. I've also heard not to use a metal spoon when mixing toothpaste with bentonite, as bentonite will absorb some of the metal. So I used some wooden spoons when I made mine. That being said, I just use the herbal Vicco toothpaste now.

Oh god, my partner used a metal spoon as we always do. Didn't have any idea bentonite could do that, but it makes sense as it can be used for detox purposes and heavy metals... Thanks for the heads up!

Huxley said:
Adding afew drops of olive oil, and also xylitol to enhance taste goes great.

That recipe looks excellent Huxley.

I'm using store a bought one at the moment - fluoride free from UK dept store Wilkinsons. It's a product from the middle east and uses NEEM oil (they also have clove version, and others). It was super cheap and tastes adequately bitter but seems to work really well, from my experience, and has apparently been used in that part of the world for oral hygiene for a long time.
NEEM: NeemToothpaste
Neem, (Azadirachta Indica) has been used for centuries for its oral health care properties. "Dabur Neem Toothpaste has the actives of neem leaves, which are known for their anti-bacterial,anti fungal,antiseptic and anti-inflammatory actions". This toothpaste is extremely effective against inflamed or bleeding gums.
just found it - cost me about £1.25 i think. But if from Tesco, is apparently £2.50.

I like to check the ingredients for ideas too - but at the moment i like that i save time:
Key Ingredients:
_http://www.dabur.com/Export-Dabur%20Neem%20Toothpaste

Neem (Azadirachta indica) leaf - for anti-bacterial & anti-inflammatory action
Pelitory (Anacyclus pyrethrum) root - for relieve in toothaches
Acacia (Acacia arabica) bark - for bleeding gums & teeth
Lotur Bark (Symplocos racemosa) bark - for bleeding & spongy gums
Vakula (Mimusops elengi) bark - for healthy gums
Jamun (Eugenia jambolana) bark - strengthening teeth & gums
Calcium Carbonate from earth deposits

And the Clove:

Clove (Syzygium aromaticum) oil - analgesic, prevents tooth decay
Pelitory (Anacyclus pyrethrum) root - for toothaches and mouth & throat ulcers
Acacia (Acacia arabica) bark - for bleeding gums & teeth
Lotur Bark (Symplocos racemosa) bark - for bleeding & spongy gums
Vakula (Mimusops elengi) bark - for healthy gums
Jamun (Eugenia jambolana) bark - strengthening teeth & gums
Calcium Carbonate from earth deposits

Added: I really mention it because i felt it was SUCH a great find and for any other UK shoppers - it was the only fluoride free toothpaste they had; i bought the shelf :)

Huxley said:
3D Student said:

Oh god, my partner used a metal spoon as we always do. Didn't have any idea bentonite could do that, but it makes sense as it can be used for detox purposes and heavy metals... Thanks for the heads up!

Yup. Check the thread on bentonite clay/French clay, the preparation (for the mixing with psyllium husk for example) of the clay, NO metallic contact. Of course with iron overload or metallic fillings one would need to be careful - not advisable. Some with one or two fillings have tried this including myself, I've long since stopped even though I have just one filling, I only used a smidge when I did. (couple of times around a year back)

@Itellsya, thanks for the supermarket info. Gonna try Tesco... even though I can stand 'em. :P

Ascien said:
@Itellsya, thanks for the supermarket info. Gonna try Tesco... even though I can stand 'em. :P

Needs must Ascien! ;) To note, it was selling at Wilkos for 1.25£ when i picked it up (in the toothpaste section) but Tezza's is selling for £2.50! :evil: be sure to check out the 'Asian beauty' section there if it's not in the toothpaste section, they usually sell a little selection of stuff from rose water to henna hair dyes, it might be there.

As for using it in a recipe, i know you can get it from Amazon and it seems to be as potent as Clove oil with just a little needed - it's one of the last ingredients but you taste it. And i did actually notice an improvement in my overall gum health.

My dentist and I are amazed at how my teeth and mouth have improved since I switched to a fluoride free toothpaste several years ago. I've been using the Neem Advance toothpaste from Madina and it is available online at: http://www.madinaonline.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=M227&eq=&Tp=

itellsya said:
Ascien said:

Needs must Ascien! ;) To note, it was selling at Wilkos for 1.25£ when i picked it up (in the toothpaste section) but Tezza's is selling for £2.50! :evil: be sure to check out the 'Asian beauty' section there if it's not in the toothpaste section, they usually sell a little selection of stuff from rose water to henna hair dyes, it might be there.

As for using it in a recipe, i know you can get it from Amazon and it seems to be as potent as Clove oil with just a little needed - it's one of the last ingredients but you taste it. And i did actually notice an improvement in my overall gum health.

Er... dunno if there's such sections in any of the branches near me. They're all crap, they're the mid-sized type & they're products are either expensive in the "posh" side of town, or not so in the opposite side of town where I'm in. I haven't used them for ages... cuz they're genuinely crap. Sorry to keep using that word but it's one of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had, & that's when i shopped with them for several years. And their shopping baskets always contain an obscene amount of gunk in & on them. I'm not going far to check any of the big stores (nearest one's like 30 mins by bus!) cuz external consideration will fly far out of the window.... like the "semi-viral" video of a woman "going nuts" in McDonald's (Google it at your expense). Amazon it is then . :rolleyes:

DougEE said:
My dentist and I are amazed at how my teeth and mouth have improved since I switched to a fluoride free toothpaste several years ago. I've been using the Neem Advance toothpaste from Madina and it is available online at: http://www.madinaonline.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=M227&eq=&Tp=

Surprised your dentist didn't have their eyes popping out of their head like a cartoon character if you're not eating sugar. Everyone that's heard me say that I don't eat sugar either thinks I'm lying, or gives me the weirdest look. Even my dentist couldn't believe it. They did eventually commend me though.

Ascien said:
DougEE said:

Surprised your dentist didn't have their eyes popping out of their head like a cartoon character if you're not eating sugar. Everyone that's heard me say that I don't eat sugar either thinks I'm lying, or gives me the weirdest look. Even my dentist couldn't believe it. They did eventually commend me though.
The no sugar thing for me is only about 1 year old whereas the Neem toothpaste is about 10 year duration now. I first learned about the Neem when I was volunteering on a farm, in Florida, that had a Neem tree growing there. After researching the history around Neem I was convinced to give it a try.
When I talk to my cleaning dentist ( I have two dentists, one local for just cleaning, and one more distant for serious issues because he is very much into ozone treatments, frequencies, and most alternative methods), she asks why my teeth are so good for my age because every older male she sees has terrible teeth. I explain to her the benefits of being fluoride free and using Neem, but she just looks at me with a blank stare in disbelief and continues on her own program of dishing out free samples of Colgate toothpaste. She has zero interest in pursuing the fluoride free topic, but I keep trying and maybe someday it will sink in far enough to make her think seriously about changing. She could very easily hand out free samples of Neem toothpaste, but that would be anti establishment!!

Back
Top Bottom