This forum needs better categories.

C

Cleft_Asunder

The categories really suck. They need to be simplified, some removed. A general forum should be at the top, then a spiritual forum; current news forum; UFO's, reptilians, black government forum, et cetera. This community is too split up.

cleft asunder said:
The categories really suck. They need to be simplified, some removed. A general forum should be at the top, then a spiritual forum; current news forum; UFO's, reptilians, black government forum, et cetera. This community is too split up.
Just curious if the rest of your world conforms exactly to how you think it should be organized, aligned and represented? If not, that must be quite frustrating for you.

Cleft_Asunder said:
Geez Louise. Talking about jumping in with a thud...

It is what is it and it's been working pretty good for quite a while. If it's too diverse (you call it 'split up') then maybe what's really needed is some patience and mind expansion on your part? I could be wrong.

Maybe I can help you though. The download link for PunBB forum software is here. You can get a Web site here :)

I like the layout, it's very simple.

Discuss news/site (signs-of-the-times) related stuff - Forum
911 - Forum
The Unexplained - Forum
Science - Forum
The Real World - Forum
Esoterica - Forum
Tech Support - Forum
Sandbox (kind of thinking out loud, sharing creativity, experience(s)) - Forum

And they all have general Forum/Topic's within each of the forums themselves. They have added some area's like Baked noodles and products and services. Not trying to be rude, as how you (opinion) appeared to be but outside of going elsewhere there is the possibility that you could change tact perhaps and then offer some suggestions vs. sounding (opinion) like your on the attack.

Why not current news at the top as it is? I'd like to be informed about what is going on now. Then the other area's you mentioned would (and do) follow, there is also the search engine if your trying to find something specific. How is the community too split up? Is it that if/when you post there has to be someone to answer or reply?

Anart's question above might aught to be repeated. "Just curious if the rest of your world conforms exactly to how you think it should be organized, aligned and represented?" I wonder though if you will reply from discerning what others see (you outside yourself looking in) and not just shooting from the reaction on what goes on inside.. if your effected emotionally by the question. Anyhow just my two cents, for what it's worth.

Salutes!

Cleft_Asunder said:
This is too weird. Here you have somebody who chooses "cleft asunder" (which is loosely: split into parts) as a username and then complains about the community being too split up.

That's weird, you knew about signs-of-the-times.com since January, and you even call it a great forum but you complain about it in September?

Found it, never mind. Great forum btw.

http://www.signs-of-the-times.org/signs/forum/index.php
Before I get into this, I want to say that I highly respect Icke. The man is genuine in his effort to find the truth, to say the least, and what he has discovered about the world is blatantly true, even to the point of the Reptilians. But it is information in regards to the highest level of the game that concerns me.
david icke and truth? :lol:

google can sometimes perform miracles.
maybe you are not the same person, but I kinda doubt that.

source :

_http://www.davidicke.com/forum/search.php?searchid=227214 (all threads made by Cleft_Asunder)

I could care less what design these forums are. I'm here for information and nothing else.

Because I've got my own forums, (V-Bulletin) I trip around Mouse Land quite a bit just to see other examples of forums. I'm a political-news junkie. I use an ol' Pentium4 1.7 as a server in my home.

I think that the only real benefit of having tons of forums or child-forums/sub-forums is that the search feature is easier to use. As an example, I have a forum for each country as opposed to using "International News".

I look at a forum as a database. In fact, that is the only reason I chose to create my own forums. (My forums are usually not open for public viewing.) I used to collect "information" (articles and commentaries) and save the links in a Microsoft Word document. However; the document became too large to utilize properly. Plus; half the damn links to referenced stuff out there in Mouse Land became inactive after 6 months or less. In a sense, my database was self-destructing every 6 months. So, I use the V-Bulletin forum template as a database instead of a Word Document and I copy/paste complete articles. My collection is about 100 thousand articles/commentaries, about 5000 audio/visual selections, and perhaps 10 thousand PDF's and other documents. I've been collecting for about 4 or 5 years now. About 400 Gig of content. MySQL data is about 4 Gig in size.

Let me tell yuh, half jokingly, that when I visit forums like these and discuss current events, it is very easy for me to reference stuff .... I sort of have my own Google. I'm well prepared to argue any point or view being made.

I have found .... that the more forums or child-forums/sub-forums yuh have, the easier it is to use the search feature.

As an example ....

Iraq (Main Forum)

Child Forums

Current Events
Soldiers And The Military
Resistance - Insurgency
Why Did The U.S. Invade
UK Involvement
Israel Involvement
What Does Sovereignty Mean
Abu Gharib - War Crimes

To Find Colin Powell's U.N. presentation prior the invasion in 2003 ....

If I were to search the main forum for "Colin Powell" as an example, I'd probably get 1000 hits. But, if I were to search the child forum "Why Did The U.S. Invade" .... the search is more precise.

Other then that, information is just information. No big deal as to how the information is presented.

At the moment, I'm attempting to change my forum template from V-Bulletin to a Joomla Template. I believe that Joomla is the future.
http://www.joomla.org

My view anyways.

Calm

Hey! Cleft_Asunder

I should of had your nic. I was born with a cleft palate.

I use the "show new posts since last visit" link in the top right, so I don't really use the catagories much unless I want to find an old thread, and whenever I have needed to the catagories have always been fine =)

Back
Top Bottom