Thinking about Board Experiment(s)?

Cyre2067

The Living Force
Hey gang, I was in the process of preparing myself to do some board work. I have two close friends who are interested in the process and I've been prodding them to join the forum and introduce themselves, so hopefully this post will act as a good prompt for them. One is my roommate and best-friend whom I've known for 10 years, the second is a younger friend I've known for about 2 years and who has been devouring my bookshelf at a prodigious rate. I also brought it up at our last Northeast US group meeting as something we could work on there as well. Since the trip to France, and the subsequent video's provided by Laura, the process itself has been demystified for me in a way. I think I have a solid road map to follow, but networking is always a good idea.

I've finished 30 Years Among the Dead, and I have William Baldwin's Healing Lost Souls and Spirit Release Therapy next in the queue. I've read the first three story's from Hostage to the Devil, which was sufficient to give me a healthy fear of the demonic and a cursory understanding of exorcisms, though I'd never want to actually do one. My friends have been working their way through the same set of books, since my condition before beginning any experiment was that everyone had done their homework and we got approval from the forum. Any other suggested reading? We've watched the firs three videos and I'm looking forward to the fourth one and beyond. :-)

My personal goal with the board-work is to be able to identify and release spirit attachments. It also seems like a great way to dig into my subconscious. Externally, I could use the process to help others and I feel like the more people doing this kind of work the better. I wanted to bring it up here for discussion to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I'm thinking of writing up a protocol for spirit release via the board once I have more reading under my belt and I'll throw that up here once I get there.

You could also read The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts by Joe Fisher. Perhaps not quite so directly applicable to this work as the books Laura recommends, but it does give a fascinating insight into the pitfalls of trance chanelling and how this can affect the channel in a very negative way, and those around him/her.

Puck said:
My personal goal with the board-work is to be able to identify and release spirit attachments. It also seems like a great way to dig into my subconscious. Externally, I could use the process to help others and I feel like the more people doing this kind of work the better. I wanted to bring it up here for discussion to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I'm thinking of writing up a protocol for spirit release via the board once I have more reading under my belt and I'll throw that up here once I get there.

You might want to wait for the next video which I'll get around to shortly.

Puck said:
I've finished 30 Years Among the Dead, and I have William Baldwin's Healing Lost Souls and Spirit Release Therapy next in the queue. I've read the first three story's from Hostage to the Devil, which was sufficient to give me a healthy fear of the demonic and a cursory understanding of exorcisms, though I'd never want to actually do one.
Well, I think that nobody in their right mind would like to stumble upon an Uncle Ponto while experimenting with a spirit board. But, as Laura said in the videos, 90% of the attachments are "not malevolent". That leaves 10% of malevolent attachments. For what proportion of demonic entity ? I don't know it yet, I'm waiting for the next video. But it appears that stumbling upon demonic entities is likely to happen if one's doing experiment with the spirit board or with SRT for a certain time. What do you do in that case ? Can you just "hang up" ? Astral Ctrl + Alt + Del ? And how to deal with supposely non-demonic but extremely stubborn earthbound spirits, like in the Carrie Huntington case in 30 Years Among the Dead ? It's such a fascinating topic. So many questions...

Tomek said:
Well, I think that nobody in their right mind would like to stumble upon an Uncle Ponto while experimenting with a spirit board.

Tomek, you're reading my mind! That Uncle Ponto thing in Hostage to the Devil left me traumatized! :lol: Wasn't he supposed to look like Bert from Sesame Street or something? Ghastly.

Puck, why are you prodding friends to join the forum? You know that is not how we work here. When they are ready to join, they will. Prodding them is violating their free will. It seems to me that you are not doing it for their benefit, but yours.

Nienna said:
Puck, why are you prodding friends to join the forum? You know that is not how we work here. When they are ready to join, they will. Prodding them is violating their free will. It seems to me that you are not doing it for their benefit, but yours.

I should mention also that I did personal work on myself via a medium long before trying the board experiment.

Somehow, I get the feeling that you are way too enamored of this "psychic abilities" thing and not sufficiently engaged with making choices that can change your life AND make your being less attractive to attachments.

Puck said:
Hey gang, I was in the process of preparing myself to do some board work. I have two close friends who are interested in the process and I've been prodding them to join the forum and introduce themselves, so hopefully this post will act as a good prompt for them. One is my roommate and best-friend whom I've known for 10 years, the second is a younger friend I've known for about 2 years and who has been devouring my bookshelf at a prodigious rate.

I agree with Nienna about trying to "prod" your friends to join the forum is a violation of their free will. My question is, since there are enough members in where you are, why not "think" of doing the board with group members than with friends, who may or may not have enough "inner" resources?

Laura said:
Nienna said:

I should mention also that I did personal work on myself via a medium long before trying the board experiment.

Somehow, I get the feeling that you are way too enamored of this "psychic abilities" thing and not sufficiently engaged with making choices that can change your life AND make your being less attractive to attachments.

It sounds like you're jumping into something that the network can see you're not ready for, and forging ahead can get the people around you hurt in addition to yourself.

We've never met, and I like you a lot, and I trust the network folks that have spent time with you at length to say this: Work on your own issues first, network about it, and when more than three elders can agree you're ready, go ahead then. Now is not that time. :flowers:

Zadius Sky said:
Puck said:
Hey gang, I was in the process of preparing myself to do some board work. I have two close friends who are interested in the process and I've been prodding them to join the forum and introduce themselves, so hopefully this post will act as a good prompt for them. One is my roommate and best-friend whom I've known for 10 years, the second is a younger friend I've known for about 2 years and who has been devouring my bookshelf at a prodigious rate.

I agree with Nienna about trying to "prod" your friends to join the forum is a violation of their free will. My question is, since there are enough members in where you are, why not "think" of doing the board with group members than with friends, who may or may not have enough "inner" resources?

I had the same question. There are so many members where you are. Have you discussed conducting this board experiment with them?

Gimpy said:
Laura said:
Nienna said:

It sounds like you're jumping into something that the network can see you're not ready for, and forging ahead can get the people around you hurt in addition to yourself.

We've never met, and I like you a lot, and I trust the network folks that have spent time with you at length to say this: Work on your own issues first, network about it, and when more than three elders can agree you're ready, go ahead then. Now is not that time. :flowers:

I agree...

It looks like it is better for you now to "make choices that can change your life" as Laura has said and not focus on the board which seems to be well over your capabilities at the moment.

There are a lot of interesting, important and pressing things to do in which you could be of help to others and the universe OSIT.

Menrva said:
I had the same question. There are so many members where you are. Have you discussed conducting this board experiment with them?

Yes, why not with fellow members? If I wanted to go into the jungle, I'd rather have a team of people who at least know a thing or two about said jungle (or at least know they actually are in a jungle).

But I don't want to sell Puck's friends short, maybe they are knowledgeable in these matters? But If they are not, are they going to read as much as you are going to on the subject? Do they have a good sense of what the risks are? Do they know about possession? Are they aware that they might attract more attachments in the process? Do you guys know what to do should a spirit be in the mood to just dig in his (albeit ethereal) heels and decide you guys are too good to pass up? Because, as you know, by starting a session, you will basically be opening a Spirit Hotline.

It is your responsibility to make your friends aware of all the risks involved.
As leader of the expedition, you are responsible for anything that happens to your team members. ;)

Mrs. Tigersoap said:
Menrva said:

Yes, why not with fellow members? If I wanted to go into the jungle, I'd rather have a team of people who at least know a thing or two about said jungle (or at least know they actually are in a jungle).

But I don't want to sell Puck's friends short, maybe they are knowledgeable in these matters?

Hey Puck, this last question popped up in my mind as well, do they know what involves to perform a task like this one?

Me and my wife are also having thoughts about using board for releasing spirit attachments, but to do something serious like that there is a long way of researching much, much material, from books recommended here on forum and other available materials like these, very important, educating videos that Laura is making for all of us to understand it better, the dangers of doing it, etc. No matter how eager we are to experiment, there is always the possibility that we are overestimating ourselves. Our, so far, absorbed knowledge may not be enough. You got to be absolutely sure that you have covered all the bases, to be ready for every possible occurrence, be it our own fragments that need to be reintegrated or evil / "benevolent" attachments and their various natures.

Differential diagnosis and understanding of our and their psychology is crucial when we are dealing with them, you DON'T want to be outsmarted as it can possibly lead to devastation of your psychological/physical state of being, which is failure of using your defenses, if they were within you at all, which leads us back to our eagerness, overestimation of ourselves, lack of knowledge and understanding, which was at the root of our failure.

Maybe, at some future point, my wife and I will be also experimenting with the board, but ONLY IF we are prepared, after much research and understanding of all the issues and how to deal with them. If she or maybe I, found ourselves in reluctance of doing it after all that, it may be a sign that there is something that we need to work on further and patience pays.

We started with reading A.C. Doyle's "History of Spiritualism", it's a good start and other books are ordered and on it's way also. So, Puck, be patient and wise and talk about doing this with other knowledgeable members of forum in your area that could, perhaps, lead to joining forces and doing it together at some point.

Endymion said:
You could also read The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts by Joe Fisher. Perhaps not quite so directly applicable to this work as the books Laura recommends, but it does give a fascinating insight into the pitfalls of trance chanelling and how this can affect the channel in a very negative way, and those around him/her.

Yep, read that one. It was really good.

Laura said:
Puck said:

You might want to wait for the next video which I'll get around to shortly.

That's cool, I'm in no rush.

Tomek said:
Well, I think that nobody in their right mind would like to stumble upon an Uncle Ponto while experimenting with a spirit board. But, as Laura said in the videos, 90% of the attachments are "not malevolent". That leaves 10% of malevolent attachments. For what proportion of demonic entity ? I don't know it yet, I'm waiting for the next video. But it appears that stumbling upon demonic entities is likely to happen if one's doing experiment with the spirit board or with SRT for a certain time. What do you do in that case ? Can you just "hang up" ? Astral Ctrl + Alt + Del ? And how to deal with supposely non-demonic but extremely stubborn earthbound spirits, like in the Carrie Huntington case in 30 Years Among the Dead ? It's such a fascinating topic. So many questions...

You can identify probable demonic attachment if you have enough knowledge under your belt and avoid opening that can of worms. Stubborn spirits in 30YATD got put into a cosmic 'time-out' by 'intelligent spirits' but I'm not sure how that worked exactly. I still have more reading to do as mentioned, but if at any time your not jiving with whatever is coming through you can stop. That's kinda the beauty of the board.

Nienna said:

It's a bit of two-way prodding, they want to do boardwork and spirit release stuff and one of my conditions was they should join the forum so we can all report our individual experiences. I'm not a big fan of speaking for others, and if they're genuinely interested in self-growth they'll jump in. I'm taking a laid-back approach, but they seem genuine so I laid out all the necessary homework to be done before I was comfortable having us sit down at a board. Perhaps it's not necessary to have them on here? It felt right to ask them to sign up though since this is pretty much the resource of all resources for anyone with a serious inquiring mind.

Laura said:

It was more like I was lending books to my younger friend and he was curious about boardwork, that was back in the spring and I advised him that there's a lot of preparation involved. He kept reading through a lot of my RPP books and other stuff I've picked up off the reading lists and when my best friend moved in he was very curious with regard to spirit attachment thinking he definitely had that as an issue. I'm curious as well, but if there's an easier way to remove spirits from my aura I'm all for it.

I've brought it up with the NE group, mentioned that in the first post, we discussed it a bit and perhaps our next book will be on topic. Just to be clear I wasn't planning on forging ahead without a general consensus here that we had covered all the required reading and prepared properly. I also thought there might be other folks doing some preparation so I wanted to get a discussion rolling so we could compare notes on required reading, protocols, dangers, etc.

Back
Top Bottom